Iron Maiden US tour announcement coming soon

I don't care where the closest show it, I'm there. It was a religious experience seeing them on the Somewhere Back In Time tour, and I will repeat seeing them on every tour that I can possibly make it out to now. It was the first, but definitely not the last time I will be seeing Maiden.

I don't care where the closest show it, I'm there. It was a religious experience seeing them on the Somewhere Back In Time tour, and I will repeat seeing them on every tour that I can possibly make it out to now. It was the first, but definitely not the last time I will be seeing Maiden.

Same for me. I had missed them on the AMOLAD tour and regretted it. They put on a great show that's for sure.

Interesting. I hope if they do it's after their new disc arrives though.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135815

From all the rumors on the official Maiden forum it looks like this will be a April/May tour. The new album will not be out 'till the end of the year.

Pretty excited that I get to see my favorite band this year, I'm hoping for a Chicago show but not too worried about not getting one cause they did pretty good the last 2 times they played here.

That's something to look forward to, though it will be hard to top the Maiden/Dio/Motorhead lineup from a few years back.

That was fun, but I think the Maiden/Halford/Queensryche lineup was better.

Since the new CD wont be out by the tour I wonder what their touring on. Would it be the next 3 CDs? Either way, I will not miss Maiden.

Since the new CD wont be out by the tour I wonder what their touring on. Would it be the next 3 CDs? Either way, I will not miss Maiden.

Yeah that's the big question. I do hope they play at least a new song but I have no idea what the rest of the setlist will be like and we won't know until the first show of the tour.

I know it's only speculation that the tour would be April/May, but doesn't that seem a little too soon if the announcement isn't until March?

Yeah it does a bit but in mid June to mid July the World Cup is happening so you know they are not touring anywhere that month and they already have shows in August booked in Europe. Unless they are going to announce a Fall tour of sorts April/May would be the only available dates for them to tour the US. Since the new album has been done and recorded for 2 weeks now that's a lot of free time before the first scheduled shows in August.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on everyone's part. :)

I'm kickin' myself in the ass for not driving to Ohio during their last tour. I wish that they would play an Atlanta, Charlotte, or Nashville date this next go around. Then it would be more doable for me to see them.

~Brian~

Sweet! I had tix for the Maryland show last time, but couldn't go. If they are playing anywhere near Atlanta (1000 miles?) I will be going. Seeing Maiden with Bruce is on my life list.

My only wish, which realistically won't be granted, is that they dig a little deeper into their catalog one of these days.

Even with the Ozzfest tour, where they did only material from the first 4 albums, they only pulled out like one or two songs (IE - Murders) that they don't already normally play from those albums.

Pretty excited that I get to see my favorite band this year, I'm hoping for a Chicago show but not too worried about not getting one cause they did pretty good the last 2 times they played here.

I would doubt they skip Chicago as it is one of the big 3 markets. My only hope is that one day they would play the United Center and not the Allstate. I just hate the acoustics in the All-state. Hell, if they play a Moline show on a decent day, I'm willing to go all the way out there to see them.

I do hope they play at least a new song but I have no idea what the rest of the setlist will be like and we won't know until the first show of the tour.

Not me. I personally hate it when bands play new songs when the album hasn't been released, unless it's at least been released to the public as a single or on myspace or whatever. This was one thing I had an issue with the Brainstorm set from this past year at Progpower. I just don't get into it as much if it's something I've never heard before.

That's something to look forward to, though it will be hard to top the Maiden/Dio/Motorhead lineup from a few years back.

Jealous.

That was fun, but I think the Maiden/Halford/Queensryche lineup was better.

Even more jealous.

My only wish, which realistically won't be granted, is that they dig a little deeper into their catalog one of these days.

Even with the Ozzfest tour, where they did only material from the first 4 albums, they only pulled out like one or two songs (IE - Murders) that they don't already normally play from those albums.

Agreed. That was one of my reasons why I was so ecstatic to see Dianno the other night because outside of the title track and maybe "Running Free" they hardly ever play anything that old. Also, it seems the last number of tours BEFORE the Somewhere Back in Time tour they never played any Powerslave, which is my personal favorite album.

amazing!! im so excited. im so glad even though my first time seeing them was in 2003 theyve given me so many chances. this will be my 7th!!

i think the best lineup i saw them with was dio/motorhead...but thats because my first concert ever wasnt til 2003 so...lol

cannot wait

I saw the Ozzfest offdate in Denver for that tour. They did the full European set there. They played Murders In The Rue Morgue, Another Life, Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Phantom Of The Opera, and I think Drifter. They don't normally play those. They had to drop a few songs for the timeframe they were given on the Ozzfest shows.

I would doubt they skip Chicago as it is one of the big 3 markets. My only hope is that one day they would play the United Center and not the Allstate. I just hate the acoustics in the All-state. Hell, if they play a Moline show on a decent day, I'm willing to go all the way out there to see them.

Big 3 markets in the US. The Chicago market is probably behind New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto, & Montreal for Iron Maiden in North America.

EDIT: I would also add Mexico City to the list as a top North American market for Iron Maiden ahead of Chicago.

I saw the Ozzfest offdate in Denver for that tour. They did the full European set there. They played Murders In The Rue Morgue, Another Life, Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Phantom Of The Opera, and I think Drifter. They don't normally play those. They had to drop a few songs for the timeframe they were given on the Ozzfest shows.

I was at the show in Denver also. That was a great show! They played Drifter during the encore and they also played Where Eagles Dare. Here is the set list:

01. Murders In The Rue Morgue
02. Another Life*
03. Prowler*
04. The Trooper
05. Remember Tomorrow*
06. Where Eagles Dare*
07. Run To The Hills
08. Revelations
09. Wrathchild*
10. Die With Your Boots On*
11. Phantom Of The Opera
12. The Number Of The Beast
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Iron Maiden

15. Running Free
16. Drifter*
17. Sanctuary

* songs dropped for OzzFest

Big 3 markets in the US. The Chicago market is probably behind New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto, & Montreal for Iron Maiden in North America.

EDIT: I would also add Mexico City to the list as a top North American market for Iron Maiden ahead of Chicago.

love your signature.

I may be misinterpreting what you're saying but US, which doesn't include Toronto and Montreal, nor does it include Mexico City. Of course those are bigger markets.