Iron Maiden US tour announcement coming soon

My only wish, which realistically won't be granted, is that they dig a little deeper into their catalog one of these days.

Every time Maiden tours the setlist debates are about the most annoying thing to discuss. When you have 14 albums it's a bit difficult to please everyone.

This is a list of songs that have been included live in the last 10 years since Bruce and Adrian came back to the band from albums that were released before their return.

That's a lot of songs.

Iron Maiden:
Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Charlotte the Harlot
Phantom of the Opera
Transylvania (sort of)
Running Free
Sanctuary
Iron Maiden
(not played: Strange World)

Killers:
Ides of March (sort of)
Wrathchild
Another Life
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Killers
Drifter
(not played: Innocent Exile, Prodigal Son, Purgatory, Genghis Kahn)

The Number of the Beast:
Children of the Damned
22 Acacia Avenue
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills
(not played: Invaders, Gangland, The Prisoner)

Piece of Mind:
Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Die With Your Boots on
The Trooper
(not played: Flight of Icarus, Quest for Fire, Sun and Steel, Still Life, To Tame a Land)

Powerslave:
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Powerslave
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
(not played: Losfer Words, Flash of the Blade, The Duellists, Back in the Village)

Somewhere in Time:
Wasted Years
Stranger in a Strange Land
Heaven Can Wait
(not played: Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, Deja-Vu, Alexander the Great, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner)

Seventh Son of A Seventh Son:
Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
The Clairvoyant
Can I Play With Madness?
(not played: Seventh Son, Infinite Dreams, The Prophecy, Only the Good Die Young)

1990's
Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Fear of the Dark
Man on the Edge
Sign of the Cross
Lord of the Flies
The Clansman
Futureal

I would doubt they skip Chicago as it is one of the big 3 markets.

You would think so but they skipped it during their Dance Of Death Tour.

That's something to look forward to, though it will be hard to top the Maiden/Dio/Motorhead lineup from a few years back.

That was a good show even if I got a great view of the sun in my face when Motorhead was playing. This was at Tinley Park, IL at the now called "First Midwestern Bank Amphitheater". One of the worst venues in this area.

That was fun, but I think the Maiden/Halford/Queensryche lineup was better.

I don't know about this being better but it certainly was different. This was the first time I ever got to see Halford and it was just after he released the Resurrection album so I was beyond excited to see him. He put on a good show but a huge part of that was his band, they were top notch.

I may be misinterpreting what you're saying but US, which doesn't include Toronto and Montreal, nor does it include Mexico City. Of course those are bigger markets.

I think he meant that along with the 3 biggest US cities, Toronto, Montreal and Mexico City are the biggest markets in North America.
Although I would put Mexico more in the Latin America category. The announcement on Blabbermouth on top of this page says "North America Beware" but I highly doubt they are announcing any Mexico shows.

I've never been to a Canadian show but I've been to a couple in Mexico. The last one in Mexico City was amaizing. It was in a baseball stadium with 50,000 people and they had Morbid Angel and Carcass open for them.

That was a good show even if I got a great view of the sun in my face when Motorhead was playing. This was at Tinley Park, IL at the now called "First Midwestern Bank Amphitheater". One of the worst venues in this area.

It definitely is, but I would rather go to a show there than the Allstate any day. The acoustics are bad both places but the Allstate I'm finding to be downright unlistenable. Whenever a tour goes through in the future and there's a show at Alpine, that's the better venue to go to, though the parking is the worst. Haha.

It definitely is, but I would rather go to a show there than the Allstate any day. The acoustics are bad both places but the Allstate I'm finding to be downright unlistenable. Whenever a tour goes through in the future and there's a show at Alpine, that's the better venue to go to, though the parking is the worst. Haha.

Oh yeah I definitely agree that Alpine has much better sound than any venue that size in the Chicagoland. I've only been to one show there though, it was the Ozzfest where Maiden played (go figure). The only problem was that I had lawn tickets and that hill sucks when you have to climb it all afternoon to use the bathroom or get more beer.

I may be misinterpreting what you're saying but US, which doesn't include Toronto and Montreal, nor does it include Mexico City. Of course those are bigger markets.

Saladbar mentioned this also in another post. The article you referenced in the first post mentions an Iron Maiden North American tour announcement. Canada & Mexico are also part of North America.

I hope Maiden bring a couple of the bigger European names like Edguy, Hammerfall, Angra, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Primal Fear, or Gamma Ray. These bands could use the exposure and you know how Americans are, so trendy and infliuenced by media and the popular opinion. American metalheads never payed attention to an Edguy or Hammerfall before when they were just playing clubs but if they open for Maiden the masses will come around. Then all of a sudden they become "cool" in America. Would really like to see these bands play on a big stage in the U.S.

I hope Maiden bring a couple of the bigger European names like Edguy, Hammerfall, Angra, Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Primal Fear, or Gamma Ray. These bands could use the exposure and you know how Americans are, so trendy and infliuenced by media and the popular opinion. American metalheads never payed attention to an Edguy or Hammerfall before when they were just playing clubs but if they open for Maiden the masses will come around. Then all of a sudden they become "cool" in America. Would really like to see these bands play on a big stage in the U.S.

never happen.

Never happen X 10000000.

Lot cheaper to bring a young US band whose label will pay the $50,000 (if not more) buy on.

People keep forgetting that bands DO NOT make $$$ of album sales anymore.
To be honest, they never did, but the reality is that it is even worse now.

Also, people going to see Maiden could not give a rat's ass about the opener.

Sorry, but VERY few 30 and 40 somethings who aren't familiar with EDGUY would go run out to buy their album after seeing them open for EDGUY.

Hell, even EDGUY fans don't buy EDGUY albums anymore.

Jose -
I am not going to requote you.

I guess it's personal then, since there are MANY MANY amazing songs I have never seen them perform live on your "NOT PLAYED" list.

Doesn't matter...I will be in attendance regardless. UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

How about IRON MAIDEN / MANILLA ROAD for the UP THE IRONS AND HAMMERS DOWN THE NAILS 2010 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR!!!!! Hahahahaha.........

I'm gonna do a Vito tribute in response to this.

How about IRON MAIDEN / MANILLA ROAD for the UP THE IRONS AND HAMMERS DOWN THE NAILS 2010 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR!!!!! Hahahahaha.........

facepalm.jpg

Never happen X 10000000.

Lot cheaper to bring a young US band whose label will pay the $50,000 (if not more) buy on.

People keep forgetting that bands DO NOT make $$$ of album sales anymore.
To be honest, they never did, but the reality is that it is even worse now.

Also, people going to see Maiden could not give a rat's ass about the opener.

Sorry, but VERY few 30 and 40 somethings who aren't familiar with EDGUY would go run out to buy their album after seeing them open for EDGUY.

Hell, even EDGUY fans don't buy EDGUY albums anymore.

Also, Maiden fans are about as finnicky as you get. Any band that's support for Maiden for the most part isn't going to be well liked.

Good luck on the Manilla Road opening slot. :lol:

For some reason I think the Southeast will be better represented on this tour. I just have that feeling. My ultimate wish would be St Pete Times Forum or the Ford Amphitheater in Tampa. But that may be asking for too much. I would take Atlanta or Orlando. I can always travel to both destinations. I will be a little ticked if it is just the usual places.

IRON MAIDEN ANNOUNCE NEW STUDIO ALBUM "THE FINAL FRONTIER"
AND NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and finish in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada The Final Frontier World Tour will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011 (full currently confirmed dates below).

The full Live Nation North America press release for the North American Tour is posted here.

An exclusive pre-sale allowing members of the IRON MAIDEN fan club first access to tickets to the North American Maiden Shows will be made available two days prior to them being available to the public.

Tickets for the Canadian shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 13th March at 10am PST (10am EST for Toronto and 12 noon EST Montreal).
Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 10th March at 10am PST through to Thursday 11th March at 6pm PST (EST for Toronto).
Regretfully due to technical reasons an exclusive Pre-Sale in Montreal is not possible.

Tickets for the US Shows will go on sale to the public on Saturday 20th March at 10am EST.
Exclusive first access to the tickets will be available to IM fan club members on Wednesday 17th March at 10am EST through to Thursday 18th March at 6pm EST

As IRON MAIDEN are actively dedicated to ensuring their fans always have access to the best possible tickets at the fairest possible price, without being subject to scalping for good seats, so many North American shows will operate, at least in part, a paperless ticket policy: More information on Ticketmaster Paperless Ticketing can be found here

To give IRON MAIDEN fan club members a privileged insight to their touring world, IMTV will return to www.ironmaiden.com to cover THE FINAL FRONTIER WORLD TOUR. This exclusive footage includes regular video from the live shows, touring, band interviews, insights into our crew and what they do and much much more. The website will also feature exclusive tour diaries, exclusive photographs and anything else that helps the fans get a real insight into the dynamics of a big tour.

**THE FINAL FRONTIER 2010 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR**
With Very Special Guests Dream Theater

JUNE
Wed 09
Fri 11
Sat 12
Mon 14
Wed 16
Thu 17
Sat 19
Sun 20
Tue 22
Thu 24
Sat 26
Tue 29
Wed 30
Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center
Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
Albuquerque, NM - The Pavilion
Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheatre
Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion
Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
Vancouver, BC - GM Place
Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center +
+Dream Theater will not be performing in Winnipeg

JULY
Sat 03
Wed 07
Sun 11
Mon 12
Wed 14
Thu 15
Sat 17
Sun 18
Tue 20

Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Holmdel, NJ - PNC
New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagra Pavilion
Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Washington D.C. - Jiffy Lube Live

**THE FINAL FRONTIER 2010 EUROPEAN TOUR**

July 30 -Aug 1

AUGUST
Thur 05
Sat 07
Sun 08
Wed 11 UK - Knebworth Sonisphere Festival

Germany - Wacken Festival
Sweden - Stockholm Stora Skuggan Sonisphere Festival
Finland - Helsinki Pori's Kirjurinluoto Sonisphere Festival
Norway- Bergen Bergenhus Festning - Koengen

YAY! I CAN GO TO THAT SHOW!

To say I'm excited would be a very big understatement, especially since I missed Dream Theater the last time they came through. Two of my favorite bands, sharing a stage. Woohoo!

Once again they disappoint me. Absolutely amazing. They are truly never going to perform in the Southeast again. It is mind boggling. The one FL date on the last tour was a bit of a lark.