Iron Maiden US tour announcement coming soon

Not really a Dream Theater fan but I'll watch them if I go. No New England dates, but I've got family not far from Holmdel that I visit almost every summer, so I might be at the NJ show.

Just got a Dream Theater newsletter in my email...
Prog rock/metal institution DREAM THEATER will spend their
summer supporting Iron Maiden on the band's month-long tour
of major US and Canadian markets. The tour launches on June
9 and runs through July 20, and includes a stop at the
storied Madison Square Garden in NYC, marking the first
time in a lengthy and respected career that Dream Theater
have played the world's most famous arena.

This tour will mark another milestone in Dream Theater's
history, which continues to expand and evolve twenty-five
years deep.

Of touring with Iron Maiden in North America, drummer
Mike Portnoy said, "It is a bit of a dream come true for us.
After 25 years together, at this stage in our career,
there's honestly only three bands Dream Theater would
consider opening for and Maiden is one of them. It is an
absolute honor. Through the years, we've done many one-off
shows with Maiden and they've almost all been overseas.
It is very exciting to finally be doing a full tour with
them and on our side of the pond no less. These are gonna
be amazing shows that the fans won't want to miss.
Up the f***ing irons!"

Playing MSG for the first time is also a huge accomplishment
for the band and they are thrilled about the prospect.
"Dream Theater has achieved so many dreams through the
years, from playing the Budokan in Tokyo to Wembley Arena
in London to Radio City Music Hall in NYC," Portnoy recalled.
"But the one remaining dream that has eluded us through all
of these years was to play at Madison Square Garden. Well,
on July 12, along with Iron Maiden, that dream will finally
be fulfilled."

Guitarist John Petrucci was equally stoked about the MSG
play, saying, "I am unbelievably excited to be finally
playing Madison Square Garden, and with the almighty Maiden
to boot! They have been heroes to the band since the
beginning and are iconic in our eyes. There is nothing like
achieving success and recognition in your own country,
in your own city. It's going to be an incredible night
for sure."

Portnoy has proof of this career-long dream, saying, "About
a month ago my family and I were watching a video of my first
band Intruder from back in 1983, and in the video before the
show, I was interviewed and asked what my dream goal was.
I responded 'to play the Garden.'It took almost 30 years,
but it's surreal that I will now be able to check it off
the list."

Seriously, man. WHERE THE FUCK IS LAUREN HARRIS?
Just wait, I'm sure she'll get announced as the opener.

Can't wait to see this tour in San Bernadino...hopefully this time they'll make it through their set without getting egged.

My two favorite bands of all time. Sharing the stage. Holy shit. I just came. hahaha

I am already planning a road trip to drive from Atlanta to Dallas Texas. Thats 2 days before my birthday!!! YES!!! I just better get floor tickets. And it had better be a general admission floor!!!!

My two favorite bands of all time. Sharing the stage. Holy shit. I just came. hahaha

I am already planning a road trip to drive from Atlanta to Dallas Texas. Thats 2 days before my birthday!!! YES!!! I just better get floor tickets. And it had better be a general admission floor!!!!

Superpages is a "shed," and a lousy one at that. No floor and no GA seats. You want to sit in the center, the closer the better.

Meh....I should be really excited. I mean really, really, freaking excited to see these two together, but for some reason, I'm just not that excited :erk:

I just couldn't get into DT's last 3 or so albums, and the last time I saw them all the magic was gone.

And IM? Well I enjoyed the last album, but hated them playing the whole thing thru. I'm sure they won't repeat that again with the new album, but....

....I really wish they would actually have a stop for the New England locals.

I'm not the biggest fan of arena venues, and would have preferred them play an outdoor venue in CT or MA as well as MSG.

Plus getting decent tickets for an IM show is a nightmare, along with the $$$ and trip to head to NY. I might just skip the show and save my money for other shows this year.

Can't believe I just said that about an IM and DT joint show :ill:

Superpages is a "shed," and a lousy one at that. No floor and no GA seats. You want to sit in the center, the closer the better.

Damn! Really? Well, what about Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Houston??? Thats actually on my birthday and closer. Hell, maybe Ill go to both LOL

Damn! Really? Well, what about Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Houston??? Thats actually on my birthday and closer. Hell, maybe Ill go to both LOL

Mitchell in Houston is also a shed, smaller and better than Superpages in Dallas. We saw Iron Maiden there two years ago. Had great seats. Great show, great crowd. Now, the AT&T Center in San Antonio, where they stop on Saturday the 12th, is an indoor arena. My two sons and I plan to be at the Dallas and San Antonio shows.

Yes, I think the earliest the album may come out is October.

So, probably just like with the GIVE ME ED TIL I'M DEAD tour, they will play one new song.

The Chicago venue is the worst in the history of the windy city.
REALLY REALLY makes you miss Poplar Creek!!!!

I am a casual DT fan, but BOY do they suck live.

It's still Maiden and that's what matters.

Better DT than Lauren Harris or Bullet For My Halloween.

Mitchell in Houston is also a shed, smaller and better than Superpages in Dallas. We saw Iron Maiden there two years ago. Had great seats. Great show, great crowd. Now, the AT&T Center in San Antonio, where they stop on Saturday the 12th, is an indoor arena. My two sons and I plan to be at the Dallas and San Antonio shows.

Sweet! I noticed Houston is closer to the coast, and Im gonna make a big road trip out of it, possibly hitting some beaches on the way there/back. Any good beaches down near Houston, or coming back east that you know of?

Oh, and do you know if the Michell has a GA pit? Thats the most important thing Im looking for!

Yes, I think the earliest the album may come out is October.

So, probably just like with the GIVE ME ED TIL I'M DEAD tour, they will play one new song.

The Chicago venue is the worst in the history of the windy city.
REALLY REALLY makes you miss Poplar Creek!!!!

I am a casual DT fan, but BOY do they suck live.

It's still Maiden and that's what matters.

Better DT than Lauren Harris or Bullet For My Halloween.

They said end of summer. I believe them considering they've finished recording. I would say last week of August.

I guess I cursed it by saying I would rather go to Midwest than Allstate yesterday. :lol: Seriously though, I still believe that.

Disagree with you about DT as I think they're one of the best live acts but whatever. I just don't know if this is a good fit as I don't like the idea of DT playing arenas or ampitheatres. Also, DT being support isn't all that exciting to me as it's bad enough when they've had to play 90 minute live sets with Progressive Nation. It'll be interesting to see how much time they get.

They said end of summer. I believe them considering they've finished recording. I would say last week of August.

I guess I cursed it by saying I would rather go to Midwest than Allstate yesterday. :lol: Seriously though, I still believe that.

Disagree with you about DT as I think they're one of the best live acts but whatever. I just don't know if this is a good fit as I don't like the idea of DT playing arenas or ampitheatres. Also, DT being support isn't all that exciting to me as it's bad enough when they've had to play 90 minute live sets with Progressive Nation. It'll be interesting to see how much time they get.

Im sure they'll get 45 minutes. Whats that? About two songs? And a medley? hahaha

I've seen DT live three times. The first two were in smaller indoor venues in Chicago, in fact it may have been the Aragon both times, and they sounded effing fantastic.

The last time I saw them they were co-headlining with Megadeth for Gigantour at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater. They sounded horrible there. I don't know why but it seems like only the headliners ever sound good there, and that's not always a guarantee.

Apparently they must still consider a co-headliner to be an opening act and they hit the "make it sound crappy" knob on the soundboard for them.