3- U.S. debut
4- Therion
5- U.S. debut
6- returning band
7- U.S. debut
8- U.S. debut, band most never heard of, debut album due in spring
9- U.S. debut
10- opener (from the U.S.)

If I can't get the deal done on who I want for slot #1, then #2 will become the festival headliner and slot #2 will co-headline the night with slot #3.

Glenn H.

My guess...

1.Stratovarius...I hope I am right on this one..you can do it Glenn!
2.Long shot...Conception reunion
6.Mercenary
10.Pyramaze
5.Has to be Masterplan....please
7 0r 9. Could it be Time Requiem
7 or 9. could be orphaned land

well, I think it is easier to tell who isn't playing now which are:Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Evergrey, Outworld, basically all returning bands except Mercenary. Alot of big names that we know aren't playing I could see where someone would say, this might not be a good line-up, but I think Glenn has something really big pulled up his sleeve. :headbang:

Very interesting indeed. Lots of bands making their U.S. debut. Can't wait to find out who #8 is more than the others though. Love to find new bands, and I know most of the European ones out there; so bring on the newcomers.

Harvester said:
8- U.S. debut, band most never heard of, debut album due in spring

Please be Pantommind. Please be Pantommind.
praying.gif

I don't think the numbers he's showing us actually correspond to slots, because he said this:

"If I can't get the deal done on who I want for slot #1, then #2 will become the festival headliner and slot #2 will co-headline the night with slot #3."

If he can't get a certain slot #1 band, why would the #2 or #3 be the headliners?

To correspond that to last year, it would be Into Eternity dropping out and Dreamscape and Tad Morose co-headliners. That makes no sense.

dargormudshark said:
well, I think it is easier to tell who isn't playing now which are:Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Evergrey, Outworld, basically all returning bands except Mercenary.

Why would you say Outworld couldn't be the opener from the US? Did you hear something I didn't?

Its kinda been Progpower tradition that theres at least 1 sick shredder playing the fest every year PP2 - Romeo (SymX), PP3 - Kiko (Angra), PP4 - Romeo again as well as Smolski (Rage), PP5 - Forte (Adagio), and since Rusty Cooley is one of my favorite guitarists these days I was really hoping he would be the shred dude for PP6...

As for who the returning band could be, I still says its going to be either Angel Dust, Pagan's Mind, or Mercenary.

oh, and Im gonna make the bet that #1 is Demons & Wizards. Strato is probably #2.

Yngvai X said:
Why would you say Outworld couldn't be the opener from the US? Did you hear something I didn't?

Its kinda been Progpower tradition that theres at least 1 sick shredder playing the fest every year PP2 - Romeo (SymX), PP3 - Kiko (Angra), PP4 - Romeo again as well as Smolski (Rage), PP5 - Forte (Adagio), and since Rusty Cooley is one of my favorite guitarists these days I was really hoping he would be the shred dude for PP6...

As for who the returning band could be, I still says its going to be either Angel Dust, Pagan's Mind, or Mercenary.

oh, and Im gonna make the bet that #1 is Demons & Wizards. Strato is probably #2.

Well, Rusty was talking about the festival a few months ago saying it might happen, but doesn't Pyramaze live in the US now, and I know they have played here before so it wouldn't be a debut. So many people want Pyramaze to play and I know that Jonah is a regular on the forum and was at Progpower last year.

Unless, Glenn is tricking us because Outworld has not played any shows yet so is he saying that this would be the US Debut?

dargormudshark said:
Well, Rusty was talking about the festival a few months ago saying it might happen, but doesn't Pyramaze live in the US now, and I know they have played here before so it wouldn't be a debut. So many people want Pyramaze to play and I know that Jonah is a regular on the forum and was at Progpower last year.

Unless, Glenn is tricking us because Outworld has not played any shows yet so is he saying that this would be the US Debut?

Pyramaze, from what I've heard, isn't playing (and I have my sources on this).

*crossing fingers for Outworld*

adaher said:
I

If he can't get a certain slot #1 band, why would the #2 or #3 be the headliners? That makes no sense.

Band number two would be the festival headliner this year or any other year if it weren't for the band I'm after. The replacement band for #1 is a great band and big name. However, they still would fall a notch below the #2 band I currently have.

Trust me. There is always a method to my madness. You just can't see the full picture yet.

Glenn H.

Oh, I trust you, I just didn't get how the order worked until now. I was under the impression that you meant 5 was the Friday headliner and 10 was the Saturday headliner.

So 1 and 2 are the headliners and 9 and 10 are the openers?

1- Demons and Wizards
2- Stratovarius
3- Masterplan
4- Therion
5- Shaman
6- Angra
7- U.S. debut Can't think of anyone
8- U.S. debut, band most never heard of, debut album due in spring Beats me
9- Riverside
10- Pyramaze or Death Machine

AngraRULES said:
1- Demons and Wizards
2- Stratovarius
3- Masterplan
4- Therion
5- Shaman
6- Angra

That alone would require the budget of two festivals. The days of the PP III "want to play instead of getting paid roster" are long over... :erk:

Glenn H.

I'm REALLY hoping one of these U.S. debuts is Heavenly. I know they had most of the members leave, but they've been replaced, and it'd be great to see them. I hear that Ben is a great live vocalist as well.

As for the returning band, if not Angra, then I will hope for Mercenary or Pagan's Mind.

One opening act which I thought would be really cool, but probably not possible, would be Dan Swano (whatever band lineup) playing Edge of Sanitys Crimson II straight through. lol