It's done....

Although I am really keeping my fingers crossed for Edguy here is my prediction for the Be All, End All piss the Europeans off Super Headliner.

Gamma Ray returning from PPIII with Speacial Guest Piete Silke for an Iron Savior show.
I know this would be just wishful thinking but seeing Iron Saivior would be awsome...

Speaking of Awsome I am really really hoping one of these band are Sonata Arctica.
I would have baught my Gold Badge for this one band alone. If they are infact going to be there all the other bands are pure Icing on this wonderful Cake that we call Prog Power.

Z13

Friday - Dionysus, Angel Dust, Masterplan, Iced Earth, Edguy

Saturday - In Flames, Soilwork, Nevermore, Testament, Megadeth

:OMG: :headbang: :Smokin:

Yes...I've been saying it since PP3...

DIONYSUS...

If everyone loved Edguy and the type of music then everyone should love Dionysus. Incredible band...kick ass songs...yet so underhyped. *I think AFM should promote them better...ARGH*

Another underrated band I want, which I've seen mentioned here is

TIME REQUIEM

Awesome band, and their 2nd album will be released before PP5...could fit...=)

Check out their first album...and the song Grand Opus...

Simply incredible neoclassical metal- the duel soloing in the middle is damn sexy...

=)

King_of_Loss said:
I'm there with ya Brent. It was my first PP and I was totally blown away. I had heard the same bands, Evergrey, Nightwish, and Symphony X. Can't wait for this years no matter who it is, I have complete faith in Glenn for a full and complete lineup.

Danny

I will have to agree. I wasn't new to the scene but I only knew nightwish, symphony x,and evergrey when the list was announced. In 2 months leading up to tickets going onsale. I had heard all 10 acts and I was ready to go crazy!!:headbang: :worship:

nailz said:
Oh my EFFING GOD That would rock so hard.
Elvenking is a name I havent heard in a VERY long while...Im very curious how they would perform on stage. I swear the singer reminds me of an elf...his voice just sounds like it would fit one. lol.

Two possible candidates for bands who are making their debut in the US are Scanner and Heavens Gate although I am not sure if Heavens Gate is still together. Either or both would be really good.

I'm not going to attempt to guess who will be at PP5, I hope Edguy comes back and would love to see Manticora (If you like speed metal with some progressive elements, they are for you). Both bands have new albums coming out this year.

But, no matter what the line up is I'll be there for sure. Thanks to Glenn for everything you've done for these awesome bands. They don't get the respect they deserve in the U.S. because most Americans like simple music about everything going wrong in their life.

Thanks again, and I'll always support ProgPower regardless who plays!!!

I like some prog. It would have been nice to see Zero Hour, but alas, tis true with health problems, that is most likely out. They rule!
There are a lot of other "prog" bands that rely too much on keyboards.
There are "some Power Metal" bands that rely on too much keyboards.
I like it heavy, not ear bleedingly loud, not too much keyboards. A singer that can sing, a lead guitar that doesn't sound the same on every solo. Some stage prescence, but not an obviously too well rehearsed show (these are the same songs the band has played at every show for the last two years). All I wanna do is rock whether it is prog or power. Save the boring shit for some other show!

Well, last year, there were lots of European rumours talking about Angra and Shaman on the same festival, which would be Gods of Metal. Then, when the fest came, everyone was disappointed because it didnt happen. Does anyone think that it should be something that would piss of some Europeans? Angra and Shaman on the bill would RULE! Do you guys remember the brazilian fans in 2002 with the flag and everything? I guess we'd be there again!!!

Glenn, you beautiful man. :) I'm sure the roster will give me goosebumps. Since last year's announcement of the lineup, I have opened my eyes and ears to so much new music that there's NO WAY I could be disappointed this year.

I also made such a fuss over how good PPIV was that several more friends have decided to join me this year. Keep this up, and you'll have to look for a larger venue! (although I really like Earthlink.)

-- Laura