It's done....

warmwetos said:
was just thinking but a Nightingale or Swano project would be interesting to see...not sure about the pissed off European portion part of it. :)
Man, that would be awesome. I'd love to see some of the Moontower stuff live, especially. Or Nightingale... the most recent album is great! I'm happy Dan finally found a band that he really feels strongly about, and I can't wait for the next album! :hotjump:

Glenn, I totally understand how it would be very difficult to have an orchestra at a live metal concert. Both the added costs of the orchestra as well as the difficulty in blending the sound of the orchestra with the band. I am sure I will not be dissappointed by the bands you have obtained. As mentioned in a previous post, if I haven't heard of any of the groups my music collection will be expanded. Still haven't gotten over last years unknown bands (Secret Sphere, Pagans Mind, Mercenary, etc.). This is going to be a long slow month until March arrives and the mystery is unveiled

Yes, a small band that would get people moving such as Human fortress! A dream for me would also be Bonfire PC 69 or Pretty Maids but I dont think theres enough interest with this audience to warrant them coming over.

Ben

Nightmare1z said:
Rhapsody I don't see happening, because Glenn mentoined something about it last year when someone asked. I could be wrong though...I believe too expensive.

Yeah, the problem was that, given all the additional musicians/choral units that Rhapsody utilizes on their albums and in their live shows, when they do actually do them, the cost to bring everyone over here would be astronomical.

do I have a second guess?? ;)

Avantasia would have suited the description just fine though, but I agree Glenn, that would be VERY VERY expensive and you'd need at least a venue twice as big as Earthlink + a guarantee that it would be packed - although with the excellent line ups of the recent PP festivals you shouldn't have a problem achieving that.

hey.....you know what would REALLY REALLY piss of a huge amount of Europeans??? (I of all people should have thought about that earlier!!) Now that we know that Savatage will NOT tour in 2003 (current info from the live chat we had set up with Jon Oliva and the boys from JOP this past Monday) Europe would be VERY sad if there was only ONE Savatage show in 2003 and too far away for us to be there ????

If this is wrong again I promise I'm NOT gonna make a third guess ;)

Interesting...

I think Edguy or POS are the most likely choices from III. That being said, it would seem that Edguy and Gamma Ray may try to put together a North American package when the time comes...but that's all speculation...who knows? Zero Hour and Threshold could be possibilities as well for return acts.

Initially, I was hoping for Primal Fear as a headliner, but with their appearance at 6-Pack in Cleveland...I think that might be out.

As far as random choices for acts to be included in the roster, it could be anyone. I am pulling for bands such as Tad Morose, Masterplan, Brainstorm, Dreamscape, Adagio. Depending on your tastes, everyone has their fave picks.

For the ever-elusive, special headliner that everyone's desperately trying to figure out...I still have no clue...but I'm thinking a reunion kinda thing...Angel Dust...Shadow Gallery...Accept...Fates Warning...UFO (HA! that's a joke)

In the end...it's fun as hell to play this game. I remember the contest Glenn had last year that had us guessing the line-up AND their placement in the roster. I thought I had intelligent guesses and my list bombed miserably...but I sure as shit discovered some great bands I may not have encountered otherwise.

Glenn's right...it's all in the budget...and the blood, sweat, and tears...and try as I might to anticipate an all-star roster, it probably won't happen...but you never know what he might pull out of his ass...

It doesn't matter...it's gonna be a great show...man...just don't know...but can't wait...!

SavaHexe said:
hey.....you know what would REALLY REALLY piss of a huge amount of Europeans??? (I of all people should have thought about that earlier!!) Now that we know that Savatage will NOT tour in 2003 (current info from the live chat we had set up with Jon Oliva and the boys from JOP this past Monday) Europe would be VERY sad if there was only ONE Savatage show in 2003 and too far away for us to be there ????
I would LOVE to see Savatage here too, but I don't think it's them since they tour the US (albeit unfrequently), 1, and 2, there's no way in hell it would take 4 months to nail down a Savatage appearance since they all live one state away...

I'm inclined to go along with the Demons & Wizards idea, until such time as I can figure out why reunions of bands from Texas or Missouri would piss off Europe and therefore justify my (unique, i'm sure) dreams of Anacrusis or Helstar reunions...

Ryan

We (actually I) need a big fat hint, nothing too obscure here. Please at least announce the headliners! I have already made reservatons at a hotel in Atlanta for the whole month of September!! :) I'll be in trouble if it is not is September, but if it is, I got it covered!! :worship: You're the man!

Se7enChurches said:
I'm inclined to go along with the Demons & Wizards idea, until such time as I can figure out why reunions of bands from Texas or Missouri would piss off Europe and therefore justify my (unique, i'm sure) dreams of Anacrusis or Helstar reunions...
I agree and honestly can't think of anything else. What would annoy them even more is to have Iced Earth and then Demons & Wizards as the two headliners for one of the nights and to have Matt Barlow come back and do one last show with Iced Earth. That would get my friends who are big Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards fanatics to come for sure.

As far as reunions go, I would like to see Watchtower. They are already back together again and finishing their third album (that they began writing back in 1990 I believe) so it's definitely a possiblity.

Harvester said:
The roster is complete. I now have four weeks to get the "new" website complete and the press release ready. In the meantime, I'll throw out a few teasers:
I also fully expect a few to be disappointed and be very vocal with their bitching. That's ok as it comes with the job.

Glenn H. :Spam:

I might be reaching here, but I'll give it a try. It could be that there might be a significant overlap between the Headway Festival and Progpower USA.
And why not? The lineup of the HW festival is AWESOME this year.

Look at this:

Watchtower
Sieges Even
Ice Age
Death Machine
Laberinto
Ephel Duath
Mister Kite
Biomechanical
Textures
Anand

Possible candidates could be:

Watchtower
Sieges Even
Death Machine
Ephel Duath
Biomechanical

Now this is of course all speculation but still, I am guessing some probability here :)

Ninkasi said:
I agree and honestly can't think of anything else. What would annoy them even more is to have Iced Earth and then Demons & Wizards as the two headliners for one of the nights and to have Matt Barlow come back and do one last show with Iced Earth. That would get my friends who are big Iced Earth and Demons & Wizards fanatics to come for sure.

As far as reunions go, I would like to see Watchtower. They are already back together again and finishing their third album (that they began writing back in 1990 I believe) so it's definitely a possiblity.

Man Demons and Wizards along with Iced Earth with Barlow would be ridiculously good. I don't think Glenn could pry Barlow out of his Dept of Homeland Security classes.

Ok.....just to throw my two cents in: I truly hop ethe returning band is Edguy (can't wait for the new disc!!) And a few that I'd like to see on the line-up:
U.D.O. - saw Accept in 1990 and the dimunitive one is amazing live!!
Pretty Maids - what can I say?? I would die happy!!
Hammerfall - love these guys and being the 3rd band on the Dio/King's X tour wasn't enough!
Some other possibilities are Sonata Arctica, Nocturnal Rites, Primal Fear, Rhapsody (can you imagine??), and for me 2 classic 80's reunions - Fifth Angel and TNT!!

Hey Glenn. I know you're not gonna give up any bands before Macrh 1... but how about a date. I'd like to get a jump in asking for vacation time from work. I don't see the harm in "leaking" that info.

Also, I have an Heir Apparent video from 1986, Holland. I wanted to send you copy but wasn't sure if you had it already. Let me know.

Ed
www.metalvideos.net

Hawk said:
I might be reaching here, but I'll give it a try. It could be that there might be a significant overlap between the Headway Festival and Progpower USA.
And why not? The lineup of the HW festival is AWESOME this year.

Look at this:

Watchtower
Sieges Even
Ice Age
Death Machine
Laberinto
Ephel Duath
Mister Kite
Biomechanical
Textures
Anand

Possible candidates could be:

Watchtower
Sieges Even
Death Machine
Ephel Duath
Biomechanical

Now this is of course all speculation but still, I am guessing some probability here :)
o_O I have to go to it, even if it is a few thousand miles away.

Well, I have been tabulating and doing the equations and here are the results. Now please know first that I have ABSOLUTELY no knowledge of anything until March 1st. That said, here we go.

The return band from Progpower 3 was initially a tie in my mind between Angra and Edguy. The reason for this is simple. Anyone who attended Progpower 3 knows how crazy the place went when each of these bands played. I actually think Angra stole the festival because they were able to close it.....but...I believe Edguy will be at Progpower 5. They have a new album coming out soon (as well as Angra), and didn't they have a live video clip on their live album from Progpower 3? Hmmm...they must have liked the place? Gamma Ray is out because of the previous comments BUT I cannot be 100 % certain that they were upset after the show, Silent Force in my opinion is not big enough an act to come back. Blind Guardian is good but not a favorite of mine so I cannot in fairness cast a vote.
As far as the rest of the bands here is what I think will happen. This is only what I can think of so far:

Sonata Artica
Thunderstone
Masterplan
Kamelot
Shaman

And the oddball vote goes to Demons And Wizards. Mainly because as you all know it would COMBINE two bands (Iced Earth and Blind Guardian). PLUS! Wasn't Jon Schaefer and Iced Earth rumored to play last year after making an appearance at Progpower 3? Him and Hansi seemed to enjoy Progpower 3 so that really makes a whole lot of sense.

Again all of this is speculation and the result of months of reading posts, reflecting on past fests, and hopefully some luck.

David N. said:
I'm guessing that one of the headliners is going to be LOST HORIZON. Just a feeling...

Oh man, if it is... I will cry tears of joy. :headbang:

Btw, I just got Exhuming the Grave of Yeshua myself (after waiting what seems for ages!). What do you think about it compared to the first Meads album if you've heard that?