Win some...lose some... (please read)

JayKeeley said:
Why would a part time side-project band with only one album be considered for a headliner slot? :confused:

Already been answered, but I'll add a bit...

1) Demons & Wizards' personnel come from different and well-revered bands (and are well-liked themselves, in their own right). This is kinda like getting double bang for your buck...and it would be if the contributing bands were totally different; as it is, there's a lot of crossover....

2) It would have been a true US exclusive performance; heck, it could have been a true one-shot US performance EVER.

3) Second full-length would have been out well before ProgPower. When I heard they were releasing a second CD this year, my own ProgPower radar was instantly triggered :)

4) Glenn addressed the issue of Blind Guardian performing during 2005 in a different thread......but he didn't mention Demons and Wizards, perhaps significantly.

5) I just had a feelin' about it. :Spin:

The very best news about this is....Glenn now has a slot open; he's got some money to burn (you have to expect that whoever he was going to get would have cost dearly, patrons and sponsorships or not).......and for you powermetal folks, there's good news; he NEEDS at least one more big power-metal name for the festival.

Next year, Glenn, just announce all the bands at once. All this thinking and mental figuring and what-iffing is driving us bonkers......in a good way, of course. :tickled:

You are right, angra is not that big in europe after Matos. They are in France, Italy, bt after seeing them in concert wow... I dont think evergrey can do better than them. They are so fucking good! The "biggerness" of a band is a perception, and its just caused by a lot of factors: quality of their music, numbers of sells in albums and concerts, appearance in the media... If youcombine those factors, there is just no way Gamma ray and Angra can be smaller than evergrey and symphony x... (in a world scale of course)

same as angra rules, dont wanna sound like an asshole, but thats how the cookie crumbles...

I know I got this whole ball rolling about who's bigger a while back, but I was really moreso commenting on their size in terms of stage performance. Evergrey performs on stage like rookie local opening bands. Dressed in black, minimal motion, just perform the tunes. Angra and G-Ray put on a freakin SHOW! Edu is a fantastic front man and gets everyone into it. I don't even have to comment on Gamma Rays backdrops and outerspace joy ride. Symphony X is more toned down but their songs are a lot more ambitious and have a lot more energy to deliver live. The headliner really needs to have that huge stage presense and energy. That's why Strato fits the role perfectly. You can sing along to Gamma Ray and Angra, Evergrey you just kinda sit there and take it in.

Also, Evergrey are definitly big enough popular wise to be considered a headliner by the PP crew. However, I personally don't consider them up to that calibur.

It seems that each one of my posts has caued some controversery. I am speaking from an USA standpoint. It is true that I have not been involved in the metal scene for to long. I didnt know that gamma ray and angra had been around for so long. I apologize if I offended anyone.

About the D and W reference I would say that they had the top spot maybe it is just me but Blind Guardian and Iced Earth are probably my favorite two power metal bands and then when you combine them into one, it just leaves me speechless. The first time I heard that cd I got goosebumps.

anyway I have listening to beyondearcandy alot recently and they have been playing the live Shaman cd, and it totally rocks would they have a chance at one of the remaining spots.

peace

See I was thinking and hoping that Rhapsody would have been the headliner but I think that went bad so how bout getting some Labyrinth(different Italians) and Elvenking ( they just got the original vocalist back) anyway its a suggestion

urinalcakemix said:
Kamelot played last year, they cant play again this year, thats a rule you silly bumpkin heads =/

Yes, please......

When and if Khan returns, it needs to be in a Conception reunion. I'd much rather check out a diffferent new band than have Kamelot play again....

Harvester said:
March 1st,
Time undecided
Hopefully both bands

Sounds good Glenn - been traveling over the past week and haven't had a chance to post about last Monday's announcement - SYMPHORCE!!!!!

As always Glenn, you ROCK bro! :headbang:

Can;t wait to see Andy tear it up on stage again!:hotjump:

SyXified said:
I know I got this whole ball rolling about who's bigger a while back, but I was really moreso commenting on their size in terms of stage performance. Evergrey performs on stage like rookie local opening bands. Dressed in black, minimal motion, just perform the tunes. Angra and G-Ray put on a freakin SHOW! Edu is a fantastic front man and gets everyone into it. I don't even have to comment on Gamma Rays backdrops and outerspace joy ride. Symphony X is more toned down but their songs are a lot more ambitious and have a lot more energy to deliver live. The headliner really needs to have that huge stage presense and energy. That's why Strato fits the role perfectly. You can sing along to Gamma Ray and Angra, Evergrey you just kinda sit there and take it in.

Also, Evergrey are definitly big enough popular wise to be considered a headliner by the PP crew. However, I personally don't consider them up to that calibur.

You have to be kidding me. Evergrey puts on a dynamic, professional and energetic show. I have seen them at 2 PPUSA'a and on tour with Iced Earth last year and they owned that shows as well. I just don't think you get Evergrey possibly.I love singing along with Evergrey and they are one of my favorite bands along with Symphony X. So your very much speaking for yourself here because I know allot of people that would wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Bear

Azrael LenGraden said:
Need one Power Metal Band...No one has mentioned my current favorite...
PRIMAL FEAR :worship:
The absolutely destroyed the place last year at BW&BKII :headbang:

I have mentioned Primal Fear on more than one occation.

Evergore said:
See I was thinking and hoping that Rhapsody would have been the headliner but I think that went bad so how bout getting some Labyrinth(different Italians) and Elvenking ( they just got the original vocalist back) anyway its a suggestion

I don't think Rhapsoy will ever be here. I would love to see Labyrinth. Elvenking would be cool if they got rid of the growling. I DON'T INTEND TO START UP ANOTHER FEuD ABOUT GROWLERS.

SyXified said:

:err:

Please stop sniffing Elmer's Glue and eating Play-Doe. :loco: