Win some...lose some... (please read)

nightwish58 said:
Wow, that's news to me. Evergrey tours the states regularly!!!

No, they don't. They've played progpower 3 times and toured the states twice before. I really don't see that as regularly.... at least not for me... lol

Its a RULE, come on guys, It AINT happening! I've said this a few pages back, look on the website if you dont believe me, its against Glens religion to let anymore bands play 2 years in a row.

Angra
Rhapsody
SX
D+W
would rockz0r my b0x0rz

mtlheart said:
Glenn puts on great shows, and I like almost all of the bands he brings to ProgPower. He also gets some bands I don't like, and I'm not going to like them simply because Glenn does.
Frankly, Evergrey bores me to tears. But aside from that, one would think people would want to see something new, rather than a 4th appearance by a band that tours the States regurlarly. That doesn't even mean I have to like whoever comes, just as long as it's different. Evergrey? Been there, done that... 3 times.

Well being a major EVERGREY fan aside, looking at this years lineup, I think attendees are getting PLENTY of 'something new'. Seriously.

I'd love for Evergrey to play because so far, I am not that moved by the lineup aside from Symphorce. I will come around on a few of the bands because I always do every year - but I still haven't had that 'jazzed' feeling this year that I did with the lineups for 2 and 4.

But you know what? I don't complain about it - I couldn't care about Orphaned Land or Pink Cream 69 right now and would rather see other bands in those slots but I don't bitch because I support Glenn who does a festival that is FUN AS HELL regardless of whether I am nuts for two of the bands or six. And I can always hope for the next year anyway.

Those who want Evergrey, I think you don't understand that ProgPower is primarily about bringing together bands that are almost impossible to see otherwise in the US. Evergrey already performed 3 times and toured US several times and will likely tour again, same goes for Symphony X, etc.

lucretia96 said:
Those who want Evergrey, I think you don't understand that ProgPower is primarily about bringing together bands that are almost impossible to see otherwise in the US. Evergrey already performed 3 times and toured US several times and will likely tour again, same goes for Symphony X, etc.

Glenn has said before that he has an open invite to Evergrey to play every alternate year for as long as PP is still a functioning festival.

lucretia96 said:

Well.....I don't really care. I'm for Symphony X as opposed to Evergrey.....but just look at the lineup now. Every single band, except one is a US debut, and a bunch of those wouldn't have come to the US otherwise. So I don't see how it would hurt at all to have a big returning band. And that would just seem reasonable, since it is a bit of a short notice replacement for whoever was going to be there.

So....it's obvious from the lineup that that's what it's primarily about. It looks like the lineup will be 7/10 if not 8/10 US debuts, so I'm not really seeing what you're saying.

Mephistopheles said:
Masterplan would be cool... but I can't see Masterplan making Glenn or anybody totally 'stoked'

Maybe I'm wrong.
:hotjump: :hotjump: after Glenn announced SYMPHORCE, Masterplan would totally stoke me out! Thanks Glenn for all that you do to satisfy our lusts and need for great music! :wave:

Barking Pumpkin said:
Well.....I don't really care. I'm for Symphony X as opposed to Evergrey.....but just look at the lineup now. Every single band, except one is a US debut, and a bunch of those wouldn't have come to the US otherwise. So I don't see how it would hurt at all to have a big returning band. And that would just seem reasonable, since it is a bit of a short notice replacement for whoever was going to be there.

So....it's obvious from the lineup that that's what it's primarily about. It looks like the lineup will be 7/10 if not 8/10 US debuts, so I'm not really seeing what you're saying.

Therion will be touring U.S. and I bet one of the bands (hopefully Manticora or Symphorce or Orphaned Land) will tour with Therion.

lucretia96 said:
Therion will be touring U.S. and I bet one of the bands (hopefully Manticora or Symphorce or Orphaned Land) will tour with Therion.

There will be no other band on the roster touring with Therion. Furthermore, Orphaned Land is an exclusive U.S. show.

cheers,

Glenn H.