Win some...lose some... (please read)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I worked for four months to nail down the headliner. Despite mine and some of the band members best efforts, it just isn't going to happen. I will tell you now that I will not name the band as a courtesy to them.

Stratovarius moves into the #1 slot and the other headliner position is wide open, including a potential returning band.

On a seperate note, I'm going to announce at least one of the final two bands on March 1st. I hope to have them both done, but I'm moving forward anyhow. Yes, it will be the one I'm *stoked* about, even more so that who I had tried to get for the #1 slot originally.

cheers,

Glenn

Damn... I have no idea what band it was but I was really hoping it would work out. Of course, if I'm not mistaken, last time a band fell through we got Pink Cream 69 in their place. So good things can still go down.

Hey Glenn, does that mean we have any single possible chance to see Angra or Evergrey headlining friday night? I honestly think these are the two most likely returning bands to play ProgPower this year.... Plus, it would kick some serious ass!

The torment of wondering what could have been is killing me. However, the idea of what could be is exciting.

I would welcome the idea of a repeat:

Angra
Symphony X

MAYBE ANOTHER YEAR!! I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MANY HOURS OF PLANNING GOES INTO THIS EVERY YEAR. GLENN (AND EVERYBODY ELSE WHO HELPS) DESERVES A BIG THANKS! THANKS FOR WHAT WILL BE ANOTHER GREAT SHOW!!

glenn lost? i didn't even know that was possible!

honestly, i'm not too disappointed though, because i really liked all of the old headliners too. i'm not adverse to seeing a band more than once.

Welcome to the world of music people !!! Glenn puts on the best show he can. Am I kissing his ass ? Hell no !! This is not my favorite line-up of PP (at least so far) but it is still a kick-ass event. Music is a fucking business. Many bands have become more famous due to being at Prog Power events and now Glenn can't afford them. He can expand into a bigger venue if that is what everyone wants, but we lose the things like general admission.
I ain't Glenn's buddy. In fact, Glenn probably sees me as a nuisance more than anything. One thing I will say about Glenn is that he is going to get the best bands he can for the PP audience.

Bryant

SONATA ARCTICA.

Please. They're not doing the full US tour as originally planned. They deserve a full 90 minute set at the greatest festival the world has to offer.

What a compliment to Stratovarius on Night 1!!!!!!!

I would like to see Evergrey do live at PPUSA what they did on their DVD with the back up singers. That would be a kick ass show!!! No matter what though, I'll be there and rocking out to whomever it is.

Bear

I'm definitely putting in my vote to get Sonata Arctica there since I'll be missing their short tour in the summer. But if there's a returning band, I'd want Rage or Angra... or Gamma Ray. ;) But I'd prefer Rage simply because I didn't know enough of their music to truly appreciate how awesome they are during PP4.

t0ny said:
But I'd prefer Rage simply because I didn't know enough of their music to truly appreciate how awesome they are during PP4.

I'm hoping Glenn might have some sympathy for them for the Evergrey fans ditching their performance to get their stuff signed back in '03 and wants to give em a 2nd chance :)

Cool to get the update, looking forward now to our regularly scheduled weekly PP Announcement! Kudos to Glenn as always for his efforts, and while in this case it didn't bear fruit, alot of other awesome bands will no doubt jump at filling the space! Mercenary, Evergrey,...