Win some...lose some... (please read)

Stoink said:
Symphony X is defintely bigger than evergrey, but I would say that Angra and Gamma Ray arent up to the everygrey level. I would really like to see Gamma Ray more than the other two, I just think it would a funner (is that a word) show because they are so upbeat.

I think if you havent been into metal for a good while, AND live in the United States, then you definetly think that Evergrey is bigger than Angra, given that Evergrey gets much more exposure than Angra...

I'm not the biggest fan of Gamma Ray, but buddy, Gamma Ray is only ten years older than Evergrey, they;ve toured and put out much more albums than Evergrey has....

Angra's first release came out in 1993, already achieving gold in japan and brazil... I believe in some other countries as well...

I honestly think that saying that gamma ray and angra are not bigger than evergrey is ridiculous... not trying to sound like an asshole to you, man, but I have to be honest... it does not make much sense...

I dunno...you may very well be right, but I don't think you can judge 'bigness' on how long a band has been around. I mean, everyone in the world has heard of linkin park, and they have two albums out. (two? is that right?)

I hear friends that aren't even into prog talk about Evergrey. How did they find out about Evergrey? I don't know, but it must mean that Evergrey are considerably well known. This is a huge factor in my saying that Evergrey is bigger than those others.

I think maybe SyXified is right when he says that Evergrey is bigger in the US but Gamma Ray and Angra are bigger elsewhere.

DementiaGuitar said:
I hear friends that aren't even into prog talk about Evergrey. How did they find out about Evergrey? I don't know, but it must mean that Evergrey are considerably well known. This is a huge factor in my saying that Evergrey is bigger than those others.

That's simply because Evergrey has gotten much bigger exposure in the US, including a full US tour AND having their videos aired on MTV all the time (mtv 2)

DementiaGuitar said:
I think maybe SyXified is right when he says that Evergrey is bigger in the US but Gamma Ray and Angra are bigger elsewhere.

Totally aggreed.

SyXified said:
Evergrey is NOT big enough and NOT good enough that they should be headlining!

They were offered the headlining spot at PP4. They declined and played 2nd-to-last so they could have time to hang out after their set.

SyXified said:
Well, maybe in the USA, Evergrey is bigger, but on the global scale, I'm pretty sure G-Ray and Angra are much MUCH bigger

Nope I have met Gamma Ray,Symphony X and Angra and Evegrey are definitely bigger, have you seen Tom, he is huge!!!

Oh bigger as in bigger!?!?!? LOL

Bear

Originally posted by AngraRULES
That's simply because Evergrey has gotten much bigger exposure in the US, including a full US tour AND having their videos aired on MTV all the time (mtv 2)

Oh wow, I had no idea mtv2 aired Evergrey videos. That would explain it then...

Originally posted by bear
Nope I have met Gamma Ray,Symphony X and Angra and Evegrey are definitely bigger, have you seen Tom, he is huge!!!

:lol: ...You just wanted to show off that you've met all these bands... :loco:

This is really disappointing.

That's all I can really say. I know Glenn works hard for this stuff, and it's not his fault, but I still feel really disappointed about the hyped-up headliner dropping out.

DementiaGuitar said:
Oh wow, I had no idea mtv2 aired Evergrey videos. That would explain it then...

:lol: ...You just wanted to show off that you've met all these bands... :loco:

Not really, I was making a joke, whatevvvvvvvvvva!!!!

Bear

Bear said:

Oh bigger as in bigger!?!?!? LOL

Bear

Haha, yeah at progpower 3 I was watching Blind Guardian and all of a sudden a humongous shadow fell over me, I turned around and the dudes from Evergrey were there hanging out and watching the set. Tom.... is a really really big guy.

AngraRULES said:
....... videos aired on MTV all the time (mtv 2)

Ok.........I just turned off Commercialbangers ball......not so sure I would call those videos but they certainly were outnumbered by ads. Was funny...they were introducing a video with the guys from Killswitch and it cued right into ads for stupid ass non video shows on MTV2....lolololol.......what a waste....once upon a time...oh yeah....right ....once upon a 20 years ago time......

Ok...back to the great debate on who is worthy and who is not.....carry on.

Glenn, I'm still waiting on that book of yours so you can finally tell us all the things that really go on behind the scenes of the promition biz.

Steve in Philly

AngraRULES said:
Matt, do you wanna talk about popularity? Why is it that Angra has been selling out every single tour in Europe, Brazil and Japan since earlier in the nineties? I'm sorry, Í aggree that Iced Earth is big, and wayyy bigger than Angra in the United States, but no, they are not bigger than Angra outside the US... Angra's fanbase in Japan and Brazil, as well as Europe has been growing a lot more than Iced Earth's.... And considering the fact that not a lot of people are happy with Ripper taking over the vox in Iced Earth, I don't believe they are still gonna be as popular...

Angra are definitely way bigger than Iced Earth in South America and Japan, but not Europe. Ive been told Angra have their pockets of strong fan bases in France and Italy, but not so much in Germany or the Scandinavian countries. I think Angra were bigger in Europe when Andre was singing with them...a lot of Europeans I talk to prefer Andre over Edu.

And I don't think Evergrey OR Symphony X could be "bigger" bands than Angra or Gamma Ray, and I'd even have to say that Evergrey, at this point, is more popular on a global scale than Symphony X is...you might be suprised at how unknown Symphony X is in Europe still.

JayKeeley said:
Why would a part time side-project band with only one album be considered for a headliner slot? :confused:

Because they got a new album coming out this summer and the only way to see them here in USA is likely at this festival.