It's done....

Riceloft said:
Wow, I'm all tingley and I dont even know one of the bands that are going to play. I get the distinct feeling that Pain of Salvation won't be the returning band (yer killing me glenn!). I do have one very good guess as to one of the appearing bands.

Sinergy

They have not toured the US, and when I posted last year long before PP4 on their forum about a possible appearance, Kim said they tried to get on the PP3 bill but contacted glenn too late. She then said that because of Alexi's(?) CoB stuff, PP4 was out of the question and that PP5 would be a better bet. Well, Sinergy is in the studio (or will be soon)...so yeah. I'm guessing them :).

good guess, I like the sounds of that !

I'll bet anyone a round of drinks that the returning act is PoS (though Zero Hour would be my 1st choice from the PPIII line up). And I'll bet anyone two rounds it's not Gamma Ray.

I'm hoping Amaran, Balance of Power and Into Eternity are among the acts that will be playing PPV. I'm quite curious to see what it is that will piss off the Europeans.

Zod

haha Im betting that Gamma Ray wont be back either. Remember when Glenn said he only got into one shouting match with a band at PP III? Im betting that was with Gamma Ray cos they got the curtain pulled on em.

EDGUY!!!!!!! CMON!!!!!!!

Ben

Saw a press release from Tad Morose regarding the domestic release of the new album through Century. At the end, it stated that arrangements are being made for the band's return to the States...and that was about it...

Interesting, hmm?

yeah......interesting, but neither Sinergy nor Tad Morose playing in the US and not here would piss off a lot of Europeans, both play really small venues here, not too many fans as it seems.

Tad Morose is even only the opening act on (some dates of) the Edguy tour (support:Brainstorm; yes in EUROPE ;)); and not more than that....

Daybreaker said:
haha Im betting that Gamma Ray wont be back either. Remember when Glenn said he only got into one shouting match with a band at PP III? Im betting that was with Gamma Ray cos they got the curtain pulled on em.

EDGUY!!!!!!! CMON!!!!!!!

Ben
Ah Gamma Ray good memories, I couldn't believe it when all those people started to pull the curtain. :headbang:

Creeps said:
I haven't heard anyone mentioning Silent Force or Gamma Ray as a possible return act from III... Edguy & Guardian were great, but I enjoyed GR and SF's sets more.
I don't think Gamma Ray will be back for the reasons outlined earlier with the running overtime and the curtain and whatnot, and i hope it isn't Silent Force because nearly every band at PPIII played a tighter set than they did. My vote (with everyone else) goes to Edguy, but I bet i'm like the only person who wouldn't mind if the return act was Devin Townsend. especially now that the band has got a few more live shows under their belt... just figured I'd mention Devy since noone else has.

Zero Hour would also be cool.

Ryan

I thought Silent Force was one of the surprise hits of PPIII. They had so much energy, and DC Cooper is just an awesome frontman. I haven't been following them lately so I'm not sure if they've put out a new album recently, or will in the future, but I'd love to see them again.

Hey what is considered an oddball band would Elvenking count? if so I hope its them!!!
as for the PP III I dont know many of the bands that were there but I hope its GAMMA RAY!
I think the headliner may be Avantasia?

As for other bands that id like to be there...
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Labyrinth
Falconer
Sinergy

Creeps said:
if that happens, I'll also be winning the Florida lottery that week!

Therion was one of my guesses for this year along with
Kamelot
Brainstorm
Savatage/Jon Oliva
Iced Earth
Conspiracy

doubtful it will be Iced Earth by my guess because theyre touring now and hitting Atlanta and Orlando around May (May 5th for Orlando) I'll be there, Children of Bodom supporting.

I haven't heard anyone mentioning Silent Force or Gamma Ray as a possible return act from III... Edguy & Guardian were great, but I enjoyed GR and SF's sets more.
I think Therion would be the one that pisses off Europe b/c they never tour. I just have a feeling that Glen may have just pulled it off. I know it would be costly with the orchestra but who knows.

Hey folks,

I'm not trying to dampen the spirt of this thread, but I do not want any high hopes dashed. You can rule out Therion as the orchestra is just simply impossible to pull off in a festival setting. You can also rule out any Avantasia type thing. That would be no different in terms of costs and logistics as Aryeon.

I'm happy to see that I have raised the expectation bar for not only this festival, but all festivals in the States. However, please remember to be realistic in your expectations or you are sure to be disappointed no matter who I book.

As I said earlier, I'm sure some people will go "whoopityfuckingdoo" once they see the roster. Others will be blown away. I hope most of you will be impressed, but I realistically expect some major bitching just like last year.

Glenn

Harvester said:
Hey folks,

I'm not trying to dampen the spirt of this thread, but I do not want any high hopes dashed. You can rule out Therion as the orchestra is just simply impossible to pull off in a festival setting. You can also rule out any Avantasia type thing. That would be no different in terms of costs and logistics as Aryeon.

I'm happy to see that I have raised the expectation bar for not only this festival, but all festivals in the States. However, please remember to be realistic in your expectations or you are sure to be disappointed no matter who I book.

As I said earlier, I'm sure some people will go "whoopityfuckingdoo" once they see the roster. Others will be blown away. I hope most of you will be impressed, but I realistically expect some major bitching just like last year.

Glenn

Damn, there went my hopes of Therion or Avantasia, but hell, i didn't really expect them. I have faith in you glenn, as my first PP was last year, and going into it, i had only ever heard of Evergrey and Nightwish and Symphony X (i was sort of new to the scene, i was more into thrash), but leaving last year, the preformances and those bands were stuck in my head for life and not knowing who they were made it better for me, because i went home learning something about some new kickass bands.

Brent

General Zod said:
I'll bet anyone a round of drinks that the returning act is PoS (though Zero Hour would be my 1st choice from the PPIII line up). And I'll bet anyone two rounds it's not Gamma Ray.

I'm hoping Amaran, Balance of Power and Into Eternity are among the acts that will be playing PPV. I'm quite curious to see what it is that will piss off the Europeans.

Zod
Hey Zod, I'll take you up on that bet. I don't believe PoS will be the returning act. I think it will be Edguy.

How about this for the huge one night only, worldwide exclusive headliner? Rhapsody and Christopher Lee performing the entire new Rhapsody album. I bet that would piss off some Europeans! It would piss me off if I couldn't see it!

I wasn't aware that there were difficulties with Gamma Ray at Prog power 3. I now think that Edguy will indeed be the returning band. I still hope that Sonata Arctica, Brainstorm, Tad Morose and Rhapsody do this festival. As someone else pointed out Tad Morose is likely because of that Brave Words post saying they have plans to return to the USA after the release of their latest album. I think if Stratovarius' shit hadn't hit the fan they would be the headliners this year but now its time for Sonata Arctica to fill in their shoes. I would also like to see Kamelot come back and do this festival. Epica was such a damn good album and I know they are working on a new one. Im really looking foward to making this my first Prog Power. If Glenn could pull of Running Wild I may walk to Atlanta from NJ naked, I would shit for them. As for the major headliner I think its either gonna be Sonata or Rhapsody.

Rhapsody I don't see happening, because Glenn mentoined something about it last year when someone asked. I could be wrong though...I believe too expensive.

I trust Glenn...I've discovered some great bands I wouldn't have found out otherwise. Last year - Secret Sphere *I do like their new album, Mercenary, and more*

So even if I don't know the lineup, I know there's bound to be someone new to discover. So I'm hoping for Edguy and some other bands I like, but if the lineup is a bunch of surprises, then my music CD collection is going to expand. :)