It's done....

Ok, I am going to go ahead and throw out my guesses. For the returning band I am going to say PoS because PoS to me is the ultimate prog band and the definition of prog, and I believe they are a mainstay on the roster every other year like Evergrey is. For the other bands my guesses are masterplan, adagio, sonata arctica, hopefully lost horizon, and the oddball better be Vintersorg, and if Vintersorg is there he will absolutely steal the show hands down, and I want to see Digiorgio play live so bad.

For the one time exclusive appearance, I am thinking either shadow gallery or Luca Turilli, I haven't heard anybody mention Turilli yet. He hasn't played any live shows to my knowledge, and he wouldn't be expensive like rhapsody, and i rather see Turilli than Rhapsody. I just threw my 2 cents in, so can't wat to see how my guesses do when the time comes not soon enough.

rushzil2112 said:
For the one time exclusive appearance, I am thinking either shadow gallery or Luca Turilli, I haven't heard anybody mention Turilli yet. He hasn't played any live shows to my knowledge, and he wouldn't be expensive like rhapsody, and i rather see Turilli than Rhapsody. I just threw my 2 cents in, so can't wat to see how my guesses do when the time comes not soon enough.

I also think Luca Turilli could be exclusive appearance, and it would really piss some europeans.

Another thought for the band the will piss of the Europeans, but very unlikely, is Pain of Salvation doing their new album in its entirety live like they did in Sweden last Fall except in this case, they would have musicians from the Atlanta symphony playing with them instead of ones from Sweden. I don't think that will happen but I guess its possible.

It would be so do damn awesome to have Biomechanical at Prog power Usa!!

Ninkasi said:
Another thought for the band the will piss of the Europeans, but very unlikely, is Pain of Salvation doing their new album in its entirety live like they did in Sweden last Fall except in this case, they would have musicians from the Atlanta symphony playing with them instead of ones from Sweden. I don't think that will happen but I guess its possible.

that is a very good idea!!

Green Carnation said this:
To be honest, i dont know whats up with the US concerning Green Carnation live shows.

Both our latest albums did very well (Journey was never distributed in the US, only through mail order/import) and ProgPower and BW&BK asked us if we wanted to play at their festivals this year, but i havent heard more from them since summer of 2003....

Anyways, instead of sitting on the doorstep waiting for something to happen, we decided to write another chapter in the Green Carnation story and do the new album in late summer of 2004.

Green Carnation playing would rule!

97reb said:
Oh yeah, returning from III - Zero Hour. They will have their new album out by this fall and they kick total ass.

I really wish that were the case, but I talked to Jasun and he said it won't be happening. I guess his brother's hand has been bothering him, so they don't plan on doing much touring this year besides the Headway fest. He said they're a good contender for Progpower in 2005 though. :)

Prog Maiden said:
I really wish that were the case, but I talked to Jasun and he said it won't be happening. I guess his brother's hand has been bothering him, so they don't plan on doing much touring this year besides the Headway fest. He said they're a good contender for Progpower in 2005 though. :)
oh damn I was hoping ZH might be coming back but it's understandable when Troy's hands are not 100%. PP VI let's hope.

I am for the idea of PoS performing Be live 1 year after they initally did it, EXCEPT:
a) would the Atlanta Orchestra be able to learn/prepare it all in enough time?
b) Might their be a way for them to bring over the orchestra they had play in Sweden?
c) How much ahead of time would they have to come to prepare it? Daniel is an english teacher, the other guys all have day jobs as well so I dunno how easily they could take off more than a week, but who knows.

I would be all for any of the following:
Shaman..I guess I don't see quite the numbers on this thread as I'd expect, but remember, Shaman is HUGE in Brazil, they have never performed anywhere in the US and do have a big following in Europe (although I could be wrong but I believe they did play some shows their when they initally formed as a band).

John Arch...His EP sold incredibly well last year..I would guess he's already working on his 1st full length album but I haven't seen anything about that or when it might be released. Unless it's with Fates or atleast Jim and even Portnoy (not to mention how it might work with Portnoy's schedule, lol) I dunno how easily it would happen for PP V after thinking about it. Fates would be more likely but they did just tour with DT so as much as it pains me to say, both Arch and Fates are longshots at best for this years PP. PP VI could be a higher possibility. I'd love tyo see it happen though, but I would be pretty shocked if either was named. OSI as well, although Gordian Knot?..never know that actually might be possible. Be weird to see Bill Bruford at a metal festival, lol.

Shadow Gallery..This 1 would highly be shocking, amazing, and basically disbelievable. How long have they been around? 1991, 90?..something like that and not ever even 1 concert? Sure the stuff they've done is amazing, but getting them to make their live debut at PP would piss off Europeans and well pretty much any of their other fans. I just dunno how likely it is, but if it is them there is no question a lot of their fans will freak. They were invited to play at NEARFest 2000 which was located in their backyard basically (Bethlehelm, PA) and they turned that down, granted that may have been a bad time or some other reason may have caused that to not happen. They do have a new album they are working on though so that may be the 1 factor in their corner for this year.

Enchant..with their upcoming live DVD/CD show in Oakland, and since they have played the US I would guess their out and I won't wish I would wait for them to come to PP instead of going to the show in Oakland.

I also wonder if a few other progmetal acts might be named on March 1st:
Sun Caged, Wolverine, Andromeda, Dead Soul Tribe...who knows maybe even the likes of I Mother Earth? The Tea Party?..Tiles?

Kyle

Random thought: If for some reason Sonata fell through (which I hope they didnt. And it should be obvious Glenn contacted them the demand was higher for them than any other band) then you know who would be a great representation of Melodic Speed Metal ala Finland style? Twilightning.

Ben

Blind Wrath said:
I also think Luca Turilli could be exclusive appearance, and it would really piss some europeans.
Luca Turilli would be an excellent headliner. Since he has mentioned before that his band would love to play some live dates and will eventually. Demons & Wizards would also rule big time! Luca Turilli, though would definitely steal the show for me. Just my opinion and how I feel.

warmwetos said:
was just thinking but a Nightingale or Swano project would be interesting to see...not sure about the pissed off European portion part of it. :)
Pissed off Europeans shouldn't be an issue here since Nightingale played at PP Europe last October.

Sorry i blew your dream Tony ;)

Havermout said:
Pissed off Europeans shouldn't be an issue here since Nightingale played at PP Europe last October.
cool though Swano is, i don't think any of his projects are of the big-ticket caliber hinted at in Glenn's post for the headliner. granted, Nightingale's fan base has grown considerably since they were here for PPII, but they were only the second act on one of the nights then and i don't think they'd be headlining now.

...Unless it's Bloodbath ;)

Ryan (Edge of Sanity > Nightingale)

Metalmilita2000 said:
Damn, there went my hopes of Therion or Avantasia, but hell, i didn't really expect them. I have faith in you glenn, as my first PP was last year, and going into it, i had only ever heard of Evergrey and Nightwish and Symphony X (i was sort of new to the scene, i was more into thrash), but leaving last year, the preformances and those bands were stuck in my head for life and not knowing who they were made it better for me, because i went home learning something about some new kickass bands.

Brent

I'm there with ya Brent. It was my first PP and I was totally blown away. I had heard the same bands, Evergrey, Nightwish, and Symphony X. Can't wait for this years no matter who it is, I have complete faith in Glenn for a full and complete lineup.

Danny

Anthony3 said:
Green Carnation said this:
To be honest, i dont know whats up with the US concerning Green Carnation live shows.

Both our latest albums did very well (Journey was never distributed in the US, only through mail order/import) and ProgPower and BW&BK asked us if we wanted to play at their festivals this year, but i havent heard more from them since summer of 2003....

Anyways, instead of sitting on the doorstep waiting for something to happen, we decided to write another chapter in the Green Carnation story and do the new album in late summer of 2004.

Green Carnation playing would rule!

Yeah, I gotta agree, they would rule. I just recently purchased all 3 of their cd's and I really dig each of them.

Brother of Slaughter said:
wouldn´t that be grand?
ohh yes it would...,that is if They were coming and if I was going.... damn Im all the way in Europe!!!
How about Dead Soul Tribe! I play their A Murder of Crows cd as often as I can.

That would give you a little touch of Psychotic Waltz (smile).

Metalmilita2000 said:
What about Timo K.'s new band? Have they ever toured or played any shows anywhere? He does have an all star line up...

Brent
I'm hoping for that too!!! I'll make the trip if he comes here with his own band!

I would have loved to see Stratovarius tour here before Kotipelto left the band. Now I prefer to see only Timo K solo.