It's done....

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
The roster is complete. I now have four weeks to get the "new" website complete and the press release ready. In the meantime, I'll throw out a few teasers:

*There will be an oddball again.
*There will be only one band returning from PP III.
*Five of the acts will be making their U.S. debut. Eight of the acts have never toured the States.
*Not a single list posted in the previous threads had more than five bands correctly guessed.
*I worked for four straight months to nail the headliner down. It will be a one night only, world-wide exclusive appearance. I can see some pissed off Europeans in the future.

I also fully expect a few to be disappointed and be very vocal with their bitching. That's ok as it comes with the job.

Glenn H. :Spam:

By Threshold and Edguy you assuredly mean Blind Guardian. Simply typos, nothing more.

>.>

Just kidding, of course...they're both awesome bands. I just reallyreallyreally need to see The Bards again.

Harvester said:
*I worked for four straight months to nail the headliner down. It will be a one night only, world-wide exclusive appearance. I can see some pissed off Europeans in the future.
Man...I'm wracking my brain...and it seems like I should know who this might be...but...

What other band might he have brought that would bring such an unprecedented appearance?

I immediately start thinking of all the bands that have side projects...but are any of those projects worth seeing as a headliner. First intelligent pick is O.S.I....but are they billable as a headliner? I suppose they would be if they brought some O.S.I., DT, and FW material into the mix.

Or...did Glenn manage to bring Avantasia to the stage...complete with full production and some Edguy, Gamma, Helloween, Virgin Steele, etc. material to complete the package?

Man...I give up...it's got to be something that hasn't happened before, and is not likely to happen again. Not only has Glenn created the ultimate festival, but now he's managing to draw exclusive performances???...wow!

I give up...

OK...another mode of thinking is that he's managed to bring a band back from the dead...

Who could it be...?...Angel Dust, maybe? Has he bribed Kiske to come back in some fashion? Arch with Fates?

The mind reels...

EDGUY EDGUY EDGUY EDGUY!!! :Spam:

Dammit! FOUR WEEKS?! My mind, too, is racing with the ideas of who could be on this bill! I hope to God its Edguy returning from PP3! I can't wait to find out...Glenn is like Santa, and all of us like children on christmas eve... o_O

Ive already seen Blind Guardian, so i'm hoping its edguy. And Avantasia would be rediculously awesome. I hope not Angel Dust, I was never a big fan.

I would have thought conception, but i'm fairly sure theyre getting back together soon enough anyways, so it wouldnt be exclusive.

Well, if we're assuming Edguy is the big surprise headliner we'd all be mistaken because they are about to go on tour extensively - they could however be like...a headliner for the other night! ...as far as the mystery headliner, your guess is as good as mine...Sonata Arctica maybe?

Please please please oh for the love of all that is sacred and metal let the returning band be Edguy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

As for the headliner exclusive, it must be a metal supergroup operamatic death machine or something.

My best bet is Ayreon because they go over uber well with Prog heads and they also have a new cd coming out pretty soon.

Edguy... c'mon.

I got to thinking. I dont think that POS will return, they played I, III and if they come back V. But then again Sym X did I, II and IV. So Edguy goes up to 99.9% sure its them.

I also started thinking about the super headliner and instead of a metal opera it might just be a really big band..... Rhapsody anyone? Im gonna start thinking of big name bands and start checking out sites to see if theyre booked for fests or anything. The month long riddle has begun!!!

Ben