Harvester said:
AngraRULES said:
1- Demons and Wizards
2- Stratovarius
3- Masterplan
4- Therion
5- Shaman
6- Angra

That alone would require the budget of two festivals. The days of the PP III "want to play instead of getting paid roster" are long over... :erk:

Glenn H.
If Angra was your 6th band, I'd pay double for my gold badge next year.

:hotjump:

I'm surprised at how many are asking/hoping for Pagans Mind to make a return appearance. Don't get me wrong -- I thoroughly enjoyed their show myself -- I guess I just never realized how many others did as well. Awesome! :headbang:
I want SHAMAN :D

wayland smithers said:
For U.S. debuts I'm hoping for Stratovarius, even though they did a few dates way back in the 80's Running Wild, Thunderstone, Firewind, Iron Savior.
Listen to this guy!!! I am hoping for Stratovarius as well and would love to see Thunderstone, Firewind, Iron Savior, Dream Evil, and some others as well!!!

\m/

Big Al 2112 said:
Listen to this guy!!! I am hoping for Stratovarius as well and would love to see Thunderstone, Firewind, Iron Savior, Dream Evil, and some others as well!!!

\m/

Iron Savior would kill.

Firewind is another band I heard that won't be at the fest this year tho :p

:hotjump:
AngraRULES said:
2- Stratovarius
3- Masterplan
4- Therion
5- Shaman

will be a little dissapointing to me to see these bands together, because I have already seen them before, here in my city, Strato, Shaman and Masterplan, they are good bands, i like , but not to see them live many times ... Therion is the exception, i have see them live twice, but is one of my favourite bands and i can see them thousand times without problem!

Any way i have my hotel booked and the gold badge confirmation.. and I'm ready to enjoy the PP VI :hotjump: :headbang: :)

Glenn,

I'm hoping for a 100%, true blue, the real deal, full blown SAVATAGE show! I mean the boys playing stuff from Hall of the Moutain King, Gutter Ballet, Streets, Dead Winter Dead, and The Wake of Magellan! I mean all members present and accounted for! In my own little world, I'm hoping for this...maybe the returning band, because their 25th anniversary is coming up. Please tell me I'm getting warm here........

edgeofthorns said:
Glenn,

I'm hoping for a 100%, true blue, the real deal, full blown SAVATAGE show! I mean the boys playing stuff from Hall of the Moutain King, Gutter Ballet, Streets, Dead Winter Dead, and The Wake of Magellan! I mean all members present and accounted for! In my own little world, I'm hoping for this...maybe the returning band, because their 25th anniversary is coming up. Please tell me I'm getting warm here........

I'd say you're pretty cold at least for this year, cause Glenn doesn't book bands 2 years in a row. ;)

edit: the more I think about this, the more different bands come to mind...anyone else notice slot #1 is *not* one of the 6 US debuts? So what band has played the US before but not Progpower? Someone mentioned Running Wild, which would rock but I think I remember reading before that Glenn said they asked for too much money...two bands I can think of off the top of my head that could fit the criteria here are Grave Digger (crossing fingers) or Helloween. I'd actually have to lean more towards Helloween only because I couldn't imagine any other band getting a higher billing than the 'weenies. They aren't my favorite band by a long shot, but holy shit do they put on an amazingly kickass show. I saw them twice on the Rabbits tour, and they're one of those bands that if I hear they're playing somewhere and I can make it to the show, Im going.

I am just hoping one of the bands is Rhapsody. I've been longing to see this band live for five years now, I really hope this year's ProgPower will make this happen!

Yngvai X said:
I'd say you're pretty cold at least for this year, cause Glenn doesn't book bands 2 years in a row. ;)

edit: the more I think about this, the more different bands come to mind...anyone else notice slot #1 is *not* one of the 6 US debuts? So what band has played the US before but not Progpower? Someone mentioned Running Wild, which would rock but I think I remember reading before that Glenn said they asked for too much money...two bands I can think of off the top of my head that could fit the criteria here are Grave Digger (crossing fingers) or Helloween. I'd actually have to lean more towards Helloween only because I couldn't imagine any other band getting a higher billing than the 'weenies. They aren't my favorite band by a long shot, but holy shit do they put on an amazingly kickass show. I saw them twice on the Rabbits tour, and they're one of those bands that if I hear they're playing somewhere and I can make it to the show, Im going.

I don't Glenn said it was going to be big, someone earlier posted That Strato did some dates in the 80's which I never heard about I don't know everything. Glenn said it was really big. Considering that Helloween did a big US tour last year, I doubt it unless it is a reunion for the Keepers Line-Up, since there was a rumour that Keepers Part 3 will be released.

dargormudshark said:
I don't Glenn said it was going to be big, someone earlier posted That Strato did some dates in the 80's which I never heard about I don't know everything. Glenn said it was really big. Considering that Helloween did a big US tour last year, I doubt it unless it is a reunion for the Keepers Line-Up, since there was a rumour that Keepers Part 3 will be released.

Im almost positive whoever said that was reffering to Running Wild and not strato, because Running Wild did play some tours in the late 80s.

If the unknown band wasn't a US debut, I would guess it was Subterranean Masquerade...but they're from the US.

Since most people seem to think Symphony X won't return (I've never seen them live)....I'm hoping that Arcturus will be one of the US debut bands. One of my favorite bands, and they've never come to the US....

But from all the bands mentioned here, it looks like I probably won't know most of the bands on the lineup....which is unfortunate. But I'm hoping to go this year depending on the lineup.