More to puzzle over....

mandaX said:
Freak Kitchen for one of the US debuts? :D (I know I'm out of line, but fuck man Mattias has never played here):(
-manda

Out of line? Hell no! I think they would fill the "oddball" slot PERFECTLY!
Glenn has even finally heard them.....We shall wait & see.......

J-Dubya

p.s. IA was just here at NAMM, and tomorrow night on noneradio.com, he'll be on the air with Mike Keneally doing some in-studio playing. Should be cool....

I could handle seeing Freak Kitchen, after years of listening to Dub whine about how they should play there.

Can you imagine this? We might actually see a kinder, gentler, contented JDub this year if FK played.

LOL

High Speed Kurt said:
Could Iced Earth be that US band....and then Demons and Wizards make their US debut?

The place would fuckin go apeshit...DW night one, IE night 2.

Discuss

Has Demons and Wizards ever played live?

SoNofBitcH said:
1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready (i'll keep my nose out of this one, but i'm assuming the backup is evergrey. making it 2 returning bands)
2- U.S. debut (strato)
3- U.S. debut (your mother)
4- Therion (therion. omg. what do i win?)
5- U.S. debut (shaman)
6- returning band (angel dust)
7- U.S. debut (masterplan) 2nd slot because they only have 2 albums. same with demons & wizards. they still only have one album released, and one on the way. i don't care who's in the band, it still wouldn't make sense
8- U.S. debut, band most never heard of, debut album due in spring (unicorn) no wait. britney spears. ah fuck it :\ there is another band taking the name unicorn though with a debut album out this spring
9- U.S. debut (steeeeeeeeeeeel attack) shaman would be my 2nd guess if wrong about #5
10- opener (from the U.S.) (katagory v)

#3 is

Steel Attack has already played in the US. They played one of Koshicks New Jersey metal fests like 4-5 years ago.

Hmm.....what would be soooo great...maybe even better than Ayreon would be having Devil Doll play. That would entail somehow finding Mr. Doctor and convincing him to play music again.

I don't know why I feel the need to post things I wish will happen but that are pretty much impossible. Maybe Winds or Vintersorg. Or is Vintersorg to....non power/prog for the fest?

I just realized the only progressive European band I know that's really unknown is Aberrant Vascular. It would be cool if it was them. Maybe not, I don't know anything about them coming out with an album, since they haven't updated their site since the end of last year. They sound a little bit like Arcturus.

Harvester said:
1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready,
2- Strat
3- U.S. debut
4- Therion
5- U.S. debut
6- Mercenary or Angel Dust
7- U.S. debut
8- Communic
9- Manticora
10- Outworld(from the U.S.)

If I can't get the deal done on who I want for slot #1, then #2 will become the festival headliner and slot #2 will co-headline the night with slot #3.

Glenn H.
Just my guesses, so far. :loco:

Wishmaster said:
Is the Atl date for Nightwish confirmed? Last I checked, you couldn't get tix for it.

--Mike
The Masquerade has told us (WREKage) that it is confirmed, Sonata Arctica opening.

Interestingly, we're told now that the third band on the bill is from Australia (!), and my roommate doesn't remember the name he was told earlier. (He didn't recognize it, either.)

Band #10 was supposed to be from the (US) originally, am i correct? If so, there must have been a few changes........

Iced Earth I think is too big a name in general to play PP. They can pack venues on their own, and since PP is about less overall popular bands in America, I doubt them playing.

I have a feeling there will be some Strato and D&W. But I know no one was expecting that Savatage reunion, NO ONE, so Im not getting my hopes up too much, though both bands make a logical fit (Strato's US tour, D&W new album comming out)

And Im REALLY hoping for some DREAM EVIL. I'd pewp myself

how about this line up

1. Manticora
2. Twilightning
3. Norther
4. Therion
5. Masterplan
6. Silent Force or Jag Panzer
7. Shaman
8. Starbreaker or Outland
9 Dark Moor
10. Pyramaze or Shadow Gallery

Glenn, or anyone else... can someone spell out the numbering system Glenn uses for this show cause I (and I think many others) are confused. Everytime I think I have it down someone posts a list that totally blows apart what I thought was right. Is the #1 band the opener on friday, or the headliner on Saturday? Is #9 the headliner on friday, #4 on Saturday, or the 1st band on Saturday? Help us out please.