More to puzzle over....

I do too. Rhapsody is one of my favorite bands (I have a few sacred ones that are all tied) and seeing them live would be beyond words. Let us hope Glenn can make this dream come true!

:headbang: :hotjump:
dargormudshark said:
My guess...

1.Stratovarius...I hope I am right on this one..you can do it Glenn!
2.Long shot...Conception reunion
6.Mercenary
10.Pyramaze
5.Has to be Masterplan....please
7 0r 9. Could it be Time Requiem
7 or 9. could be orphaned land

well, I think it is easier to tell who isn't playing now which are:Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Evergrey, Outworld, basically all returning bands except Mercenary. Alot of big names that we know aren't playing I could see where someone would say, this might not be a good line-up, but I think Glenn has something really big pulled up his sleeve. :headbang:

Only if I were twelve and didn't have bands like Kamelot, Evergrey, Vanden Plas, Tad Morose, (and my favorite of all) Savatage, would I even listen such bubble gum pop! Their singer has always been weak and I think they aren't good enough to open for Symphony X. But alls not lost...I hear there's going to be a pre-teen club opening up the street soon. :hotjump:

Ha!Ha! just kidding

Mephistopheles said:
Symphony X has played 3 ProgPowers already and they tour fairly regularly to a large portion of the country.

I think now that Glenn isn't really in any danger of not selling out the show he can take more risks and stuff. Symphony X is a great band... They just don't need to play ProgPower every year they are eligible. Neither does Evergrey. But I suspect both are the 'backups' mentioned.

I see... well GODDAMNIT AGAIN :yell::yell::erk::cry:... I only have seen them live 1 time.. and they played 5 songs only (Gods of metal in the 2002 at Monza, Italy) and it sucked a bit because there was alot of ppl... struggling in front of me,, and it was raining.. and well... :yuk:

NegrocK_SyX said:
I see... well GODDAMNIT AGAIN :yell::yell::erk::cry:... I only have seen them live 1 time.. and they played 5 songs only (Gods of metal in the 2002 at Monza, Italy) and it sucked a bit because there was alot of ppl... struggling in front of me,, and it was raining.. and well... :yuk:

That was funny as hell!!!!

I painted a picture of you
My dream was a lie and the lie became truth

NegrocK_SyX said:

Yeah man, the first time I saw them they only played 5 songs. The next time, however, was one of the most ridiculous concerts I've ever seen. Catch em the next time around man, they are a treat. If Strato and SyX somehow ended up playing, I would be down there in a second. Same goes if Rhapsody or G-Ray were to be paired with either one of those two.

It doesn't look like Rhapsody will be playing ProgPower, unless they're quite good at keeping secrets ... just check out their official website for their two exclusive festival appearances in 2005.

I'm still amused how people presume this is a EuroSpeedGayMetal festival only.

There is always a possibility that Glenn has taken some RISKS, and gone to the more ArtProg or DarkProg bands out there.

Fuck it man, my taste doesn't sell tickets.

Go on Glenn, with your listings.

Well, I think most of us are interested in the prog, but it's the power that makes most of us beat down the doors.

But we all want variety. 16 hours of double bass and wails that only your dog can hear would get tiresome even for the most die hard power metal fan.

Ok since one of the headliners is not a US debut that means its possible it could be Running Wild. Maybe Glenn negotiated a deal with them. If this is the fucking case I will run naked in the streets.

RUNNING fucking WILD

Oakenson said:
Seeing Dark Moor would be great. I haven't listened to any Stormwarrior at this point.

I'm not that familiar with Dark Moor after Elisa left. My wife talks to her online and she sent us the new Hamka album that she sings on. That is great stuff! The new Dreamaker album is due out too and we should be getting that soon. We told her to send Glenn her stuff, don't know if she did.

As for Stormwarrior, that would fucking rock!!! Those guys are excellent speed metal that reminds me of Walls of Jericho Helloween....and Kai Hansen has made appearances on their albums.

adaher said:
Running Wild? Blah.

I'm thinking the non-US debut other headliner is Sonata Arctica.

Can't be a debut for S.A. -- they'll be here in two months supporting Nightwish on tour. S.A. could have been a headliner if PP was their US debut, but with a fairly extensive US tour in the offing, I can't see it happening now.

That's what I meant to say. That the non-debut band could be Sonata Arctica.

And I don't see why they can't headline. Edguy was touring the US last year.