3. Norther
4. Therion
5. Masterplan
6. Silent Force or Jag Panzer
7. Shaman
8. Starbreaker or Outland
9 Dark Moor
10. Pyramaze or Shadow Gallery

Hmmm...I like a lot of those bands, but that roster doesn't seem like it could compete with PPIII which Glenn has suggested the PPVI lineup will.

SoNofBitcH said:
6- returning band (angel dust)

Am I out of the loop here? I thought Angel Dust imploded over a year ago. Their official website hasn't been updated since April of 1994.

On the other hand, Dirk's (vocalist) solo band, "Mercury Tide" may be a nice surprise to the lineup.

BABS said:
I would love to see Devin Townsend back. And if he isn't the returning act, then maybe it will be Strapping Young Lad???

Oh man, all these crazy speculations are too much for the brain to take sometimes.

Is this the same Devin Townsend that ripped Symphony X after he toured with them?

Devin's truly a "way out there" sort of person. You can never guarantee what he'll do or say. Depends on the time of day someone asks him (big laugh).

Torn2Shreds said:
Ugh... Glenn is throwing us for a loop... I still have a feeling that Demons & Wizards would probably top the bill... If it is not, then I believe it would be Iced Earth
I doubt Iced Earth- remember, they had to cancel several European dates because of Jon's back and he was supposed to have yet another surgery

The Fiddler said:
Am I out of the loop here? I thought Angel Dust imploded over a year ago. Their official website hasn't been updated since April of 1994.

On the other hand, Dirk's (vocalist) solo band, "Mercury Tide" may be a nice surprise to the lineup.

If you want the latest info on Angel Dust, don't bother going to the official site; just go to the "Search this Forum" box and type in "big mouthed guitarist" :lol:

am_ash2 said:
I doubt Iced Earth- remember, they had to cancel several European dates because of Jon's back and he was supposed to have yet another surgery

Ummm......wouldn't that affect Demons And Wizards also if that was an issue?

>_>

SyXified said:
What makes you think Angra or G-Ray would not be the headliner?

There is only one returning band in which both Angra and Gamma Ray are too big to be in the slot the returning band is going to be in.

I wondering if the returning band is Pagan's Mind.

Oakenson said:
There is only one returning band in which both Angra and Gamma Ray are too big to be in the slot the returning band is going to be in.

I wondering if the returning band is Pagan's Mind.

"1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready,"

That doesn't look like it is specifying a returning or non-returning band to me unless Glenn said so elsewhere that I haven't seen.

SyXified said:
"1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready,"

That doesn't look like it is specifying a returning or non-returning band to me unless Glenn said so elsewhere that I haven't seen.

He had said that there would be only 1 returning band, including the unconfirmed one...now, if they wind up not doing it, a backup option might be a returner...

I don't think Angra will be the on the bill for the reason explained above... I would fucking LOVE (and probably cry) if Angra is the back up option....

Though I think this "option" will be Evergrey =)

Symphony X has played 3 ProgPowers already and they tour fairly regularly to a large portion of the country.

I think now that Glenn isn't really in any danger of not selling out the show he can take more risks and stuff. Symphony X is a great band... They just don't need to play ProgPower every year they are eligible. Neither does Evergrey. But I suspect both are the 'backups' mentioned.