More to puzzle over....

dargormudshark said:
Arcturus would be cool for an oddball, but I think Orphaned Land will be the oddball. Plus I think more than 95% of us have atleast heard of Arcturus.

They'd still be a US debut. They've only started playing live recently since Garm left.

The coolest thing ever would be to get Arjen and Co. to come in and do the Ayreon stuff.....but that would be some kind of miracle...heh

I found out today through my girlfriend about this Italian band, DYNAMIC LIGHTS... Very cool prog rock/metal band who has opened shows for bands such as Pain of Salvation, Shaman and Lacuna Coil among others... Their debut album comes out soon, in the spring via DVS records.... Is there any chance of this being the band that 95% of us don't know about, Glenn?

AngraRULES said:
I found out today through my girlfriend about this Italian band, DYNAMIC LIGHTS... Very cool prog rock/metal band who has opened shows for bands such as Pain of Salvation, Shaman and Lacuna Coil among others... Their debut album comes out soon, in the spring via DVS records.... Is there any chance of this being the band that 95% of us don't know about, Glenn?

it won't be their debut album. just fyi. but i don't see that happening

Actually, it's their first Full Length album...Even the band considers it their real debut album... so I still wont rule out the possibility...we never know...

Did you really think RAGE was going to play Prog Power USA in 2003? I didn't...

Nor did I believe when I saw Devin Townsend's name on the list in 2002.

If there's somebody that knows how to surprise us, it's Glenn Harveston... and I would NEVER doubt anything regarding this guy... lol

1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready (i'll keep my nose out of this one, but i'm assuming the backup is evergrey. making it 2 returning bands)
2- U.S. debut (strato)
3- U.S. debut (your mother)
4- Therion (therion. omg. what do i win?)
5- U.S. debut (shaman)
6- returning band (angel dust)
7- U.S. debut (masterplan) 2nd slot because they only have 2 albums. same with demons & wizards. they still only have one album released, and one on the way. i don't care who's in the band, it still wouldn't make sense
8- U.S. debut, band most never heard of, debut album due in spring (unicorn) no wait. britney spears. ah fuck it :\ there is another band taking the name unicorn though with a debut album out this spring
9- U.S. debut (steeeeeeeeeeeel attack) shaman would be my 2nd guess if wrong about #5
10- opener (from the U.S.) (katagory v)

#3 is

I would love to see Devin Townsend back. And if he isn't the returning act, then maybe it will be Strapping Young Lad???

Oh man, all these crazy speculations are too much for the brain to take sometimes.

Funny, I haven't seen anyone mention Sun Caged as a possible US debut. They had to cancel last year because they didn't have a singer. And seeing how Glenn wanted them last year, makes sense to me that maybe he'd try again this year now that they have a singer. Just a thought.

As for who I think the bands are, well, it really doesn't matter because Glenn always does a great job of putting together an incredible line up.

Kim

Kim K said:
Funny, I haven't seen anyone mention Sun Caged as a possible US debut. They had to cancel last year because they didn't have a singer. And seeing how Glenn wanted them last year, makes sense to me that maybe he'd try again this year now that they have a singer. Just a thought.

As for who I think the bands are, well, it really doesn't matter because Glenn always does a great job of putting together an incredible line up.

Kim

Though that was for the preparty, which Glenn apparently isn't really involved with...

BABS said:
I would love to see Devin Townsend back. And if he isn't the returning act, then maybe it will be Strapping Young Lad???
That would, umm......definitely be the 'oddball' band for this year. :)

But, it's unlikely, since SYL is currently booking a tour for April-May. The Atlanta date is Friday April 29th, which will make that a very busy week for the Masquerade: Dark Tranquillity/Mnemic/Hypocrisy/Soilwork earlier that week, and Nightwish/Sonata Arctica on the 28th.

Hmm. Nightwish on Thursday, followed by Devy on Friday. If Pain of Salvation played the Masquerade on Saturday (not bloody likely, of course :)), that'd be the three bands I've sponsored, in a row. :worship:

Pellaz said:
That would, umm......definitely be the 'oddball' band for this year. :)

But, it's unlikely, since SYL is currently booking a tour for April-May. The Atlanta date is Friday April 29th, which will make that a very busy week for the Masquerade: Dark Tranquillity/Mnemic/Hypocrisy/Soilwork earlier that week, and Nightwish/Sonata Arctica on the 28th.

Hmm. Nightwish on Thursday, followed by Devy on Friday. If Pain of Salvation played the Masquerade on Saturday (not bloody likely, of course :)), that'd be the three bands I've sponsored, in a row. :worship:
Is the Atl date for Nightwish confirmed? Last I checked, you couldn't get tix for it.

--Mike

SoNofBitcH said:
1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready (i'll keep my nose out of this one, but i'm assuming the backup is evergrey. making it 2 returning bands)
2- U.S. debut (strato)
3- U.S. debut (your mother)
4- Therion (therion. omg. what do i win?)
5- U.S. debut (shaman)
6- returning band (angel dust)
7- U.S. debut (masterplan) 2nd slot because they only have 2 albums. same with demons & wizards. they still only have one album released, and one on the way. i don't care who's in the band, it still wouldn't make sense
8- U.S. debut, band most never heard of, debut album due in spring (unicorn) no wait. britney spears. ah fuck it :\ there is another band taking the name unicorn though with a debut album out this spring
9- U.S. debut (steeeeeeeeeeeel attack) shaman would be my 2nd guess if wrong about #5
10- opener (from the U.S.) (katagory v)

#3 is

Masterplan is a supergroup they are atleast mid-slot...Ark had 2 albums and they headlined pp2. Same goes for D&W

Ugh... Glenn is throwing us for a loop... I still have a feeling that Demons & Wizards would probably top the bill... If it is not, then I believe it would be Iced Earth