More to puzzle over....

adaher said:
That's what I meant to say. That the non-debut band could be Sonata Arctica.

And I don't see why they can't headline. Edguy was touring the US last year.

Edguy didn't tour the US. Edguy played one show in NYC (which ROCKED) and one show in LA. Two shows does not = a US tour.

All the mentions of bands like Rhapsody and Dragonforce are making me worried... :p

I remember Glenn saying a couple months ago that Evergrey would be back for sure but I don't think that is the case now. If they did, yeah they would probably headline but I think they are gonna be touring the US this summer with maybe Dream Theater so Glenn decided not to book em again. I love Evergrey but think people would get sick of them a tad bit if they kept coming back every other year.

TheGraveDigger said:
I remember Glenn saying a couple months ago that Evergrey would be back for sure but I don't think that is the case now. If they did, yeah they would probably headline but I think they are gonna be touring the US this summer with maybe Dream Theater so Glenn decided not to book em again. I love Evergrey but think people would get sick of them a tad bit if they kept coming back every other year.

James Labrie not dream theater

dargormudshark said:
James Labrie not dream theater

Well I know they are supporting Labrie in Europe and three possible American dates but I threw the idea out there that maybe they are gonna be part of Dream Theaters summer tour or have other summer touring plans in America and thats why Glenn is not booking them this year.

TheGraveDigger said:
Well I know they are supporting Labrie in Europe and three possible American dates but I threw the idea out there that maybe they are gonna be part of Dream Theaters summer tour or have other summer touring plans in America and thats why Glenn is not booking them this year.

I highly doubt it

Ok so thus far we know this is the lineup (translated correctly)

Friday:
1. Unconfirmed (nobody ever said this band was not a return band right?)
2. US Debut
3. US Debut
4. Circus Maximus
5. Maticore

Saturday:
1. Stratovarius
2. Therion
3. Returning band (I assume this is the one who cancelled)
4. US Debut (very unknown band)
5. Opener from the US

So as I said, nobody said the unconfirmed band was no a returning band (as far I as read). My guess is that it could be Angra... I'm not sure about the possibility of Conception reunion... hell I even thought maybe Crimson Glory since a few members were at last years prog power. And since Stratovarius' Timo K. was a guest last year as well... For slot 2 on Friday, could be Sonata, could be Rhapsody? However I don't believe Rhapsody would warrant a number 1 slot if the #1 slot cancelled, and honestly slot 3 on Friday makes more sense if I was even close to being correct about all of this.

Whatever the case, I'm sure our buddy Glen, as he stated, has a method to his madness, which includes wording the band list in ways which are meant to throw us off course at first :Spin:

Just figured I'd throw in my wager since I have nothing better to do today (hmmm or maybe I should work like I'm supposed to... NAH!! :yuk: )

I know it's somewhat of a long shot, but I am still hoping that Watchtower will be the opener on the second night. They are definitely one of the most extreme prog/technical metal bands ever and would kick off the evening with a bang. On the otherhand, they might show-up the bands that follow them. Watchtower is the only band whose presence alone would be enough to get me to go.

:worship: http://www.marathoncd.com/watchtower/

It appears confirmed that JAG PANZER is not a band that will be returning to PP this year, BW&BK festival news states they will be making their ONLY North American appearance at that show. Says guitarist Mark Briody, “We’re not going to tour here (in the States) for Casting The Stones. We’re saving our vacation time to tour Europe this summer and play some festivals over there.”

Landisb, one correction:

Saturday:
1. Stratovarius
2. Therion
3. Returning band (I assume this is the one who cancelled)
4. US Debut (very unknown band)
5. Opener from the US

No, the "very unknown band" has, I think, already been established as Circus Maximus. Debut CD coming out in a few months, etc.

This time before the festival is always fun, with all the speculation.....

<weird, nasally Tom Petty-voice>

The waaiiiitinnng / Is the harrrdest parrrrt....

</weird, nasally Tom Petty-voice>

:tickled: :Spin: :tickled: :Spin:

Harvester said:
10- opener (from the U.S.)
Motley Crue?:loco:

Actually, the band who would fit this slot, though I doubt they're under consideration, would be Aska. Awesome Power Metal out of Texas. They would kill at ProgPower.

So far, the line-up hasn't knocked my socks off. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait till Septemeber, just none of my personal faves... yet. So, at this point, here's who I'm rooting for:

1- unconfirmed, back-up options ready - Iced Earth or Angra
3- U.S. debut - I can't think of who else this would be but Masterplan (who doesn't knock my sox off)
5- U.S. debut - After Forever or Mystic Prophecy
6- returning band - Mercenary or Balance of Power
7- U.S. debut - Pyramaze or DGM or Lanfear
10- opener (from the U.S.) - Aska or Pharoah

Zod

Hey, maybe the US opener is Ice Age. They're one of the other US prog bands I know about......I don't think they're that big.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Hey, maybe the US opener is Ice Age. They're one of the other US prog bands I know about......I don't think they're that big.
I would love to see Ice Age, not sure if they're heavy enough for the bill, though. I'm hoping the US opener is Rob Rock. I think he would start off Sat. in fine fashion.

General Zod said:
Motley Crue?:loco:

Actually, the band who would fit this slot, though I doubt they're under consideration, would be Aska. Awesome Power Metal out of Texas. They would kill at ProgPower.

10- opener (from the U.S.) - Aska or Pharoah

Zod

Aska would definitely be a good band based on the samples of their music that I have heard. They would be a great opener. However, my favorite band from Texas is Watchtower. It would be so awesome to see them - one of the first and most talented prog metal bands ever.