Vendor requests

Unfortunately, Kamelot won't have it available. Make a long story short - no vendor at PP USA reports their sales to SoundScan, which reports their data to Billboard magazine. In other words, they care about chart position now. :(

Not gonna break that street date. Sucks. I will buy this as soon as it becomes available, you can bet on it. I'll buy the special edition. But I'll still hope an advance copy leaks before the show, because I'm chomping at the bit!

I'm a betting man that at least one 10th of the attendees at Progpower will have the new Kamelot before ProgPower. Its a little something called illegal downloading, and its what is killing the music biz.

Unfortunately, Kamelot won't have it available. Make a long story short - no vendor at PP USA reports their sales to SoundScan, which reports their data to Billboard magazine. In other words, they care about chart position now. :(

I'm OK with this. Even if the disc WAS available at ProgPower, I was planning to wait to buy it from a local store after the weekend. My rationale for this is that buying it from a store that doesn't expect to sell many copies will hopefully encourage the continued ordering and stocking of similar releases.

Will anyone be carrying:

Acid Rain - THe Descending Line
Anathema - We're here because we're here
Animations - Animations; Reset Your Soul
Anthropia - Chain Reaction
Crises - Coral Dreams
Dante - The Inner Circle
Day Six - Eternal Dignity
Everwood - The Raven's Nest
Leverage - Tides
Lord of Mushrooms - 7 Deadly Songs
Oceansize - Frame
Section A - The Seventh Sign
Shadrane - Temporal
Silent Call - Creations from Chosen Path
Venturia - The New Kingdom

Are there any vendors (besides Exploding Ned) who are bringing vinyl this year? That's always my favorite part of buying things at the festival is my vinyl haul from Ned, every year. Anyone else bringing any? And yes Lance, this is a subtle hint to you to start carrying vinyl so I can pillage it from you while working, bwhahaha.

it's in my opinion that Keeper Of The Seven Keys (Parts 1 & 2) laid the groundwork for all modern power metal and no power metal collection (new or old) should be without them. they are THAT important.

This.

Sheeesh, now I'm wondering how hard reporting to SoundScan can be. Two labels/distros at Dragon*Con already do so, maybe three: Metropolis and Dancing Ferret for sure, and possibly Middle Pillar as a distro....and it's not like they're THAT big......

I've reviewed and signed the reporting forms myself as the venue rep, and gotten the traditional, incredulous "Tuesday after" phone call from SoundScan wondering how it's possible that a band could have sold 1,000 copies of an album at one gig. (Answer: it's not just one gig, it's 4 days of merchandising in front of 30k people.)

Since I have a chance to ask in advance this time - will anyone have Poets of the Fall's "Carnival of Rust"? It apparently is kind of hard to find stateside.