Wish list for PP8! What's yours?

Ascension said:
And you have to tread lightly when being as adamant with your disappointment in a selection as these 2 groups are with their praise.

Head back to the Nevermore announcement and check out your posts again as they defintely were in group five as opposed to four.

I appreciate those that are group four just as much as anyone. However, I have no tolerance for group 5 as this is indeed my house and you will show respect here. There are hundreds of other forums where you can go and call me an idiot and I will watch with amusement.

Jasonic said:
You all made some valid points.
Those who oppose definitely remain silent.
Maybe it is out of respect for Glen (which I totally can appreciate, as he definitely deserves respect for his commitment to the fest).

That's not true. As I've already pointed out there are those who disagree in a civil manner, but you want to seem to ignore that point and those posts. A band like Pain Of Salvation will get more than a few negative responses among the overwhelming positive responses. These people don't like Raintime:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5439532&postcount=45
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5439763&postcount=62
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5442771&postcount=107

I could go back and dig out my comments on Freak Kitchen, but if you want to read them you can do it.

Harvester said:
Head back to the Nevermore announcement and check out your posts again as they defintely were in group five as opposed to four.

I appreciate those that are group four just as much as anyone. However, I have no tolerance for group 5 as this is indeed my house and you will show respect here. There are hundreds of other forums where you can go and call me an idiot and I will watch with amusement.

Could not find the exact infamous thread where the heated exchanges occurred & my memory does fail me on all the posts involved. I probably was borderline with group 5 and I apologize. But, I think it was the insinuation of verbal & physical abuse upon eventual meeting that was posted by various forum dwellers upset with a cancellation which went without moderation that insenced me the most.

I'd add Seventh Wonder to my wishlist. The new one, Waiting in the Wings, is some awesome melodic prog metal.

Harvester said:

Snap... :kickass:

Braxil said:
Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I forgot a very important band. NANOWAR FOR PROGPOWER VIII!! (Yes, with an "n", they're awesome.)

lol "other bands play nanowar gay". I couldn't get into them, but that's me.

Ok, we had two threads labeled basically "Wish List for ProgPower VIII", (the other) plus a whole bunch of other threads like "Which complex/thechnical band..." and "Time for cryptic clues...." that basically turn in to wish lists for Prog Power VIII, I'm just wondering why we need new threads for each individual band that people want? Seems like a lot of redundancy, or maybe I'm just up too late and cranky again. :zzz:

Does this mean I can start a thread for TAROT? Forget it. I'll just be lame and chant it here.
Tarot! Tarot! Tarot! :headbang:

Entrerie said:
lol "other bands play nanowar gay". I couldn't get into them, but that's me.

You just don't understand the true metal of steel, nor the power of the power of the power of the power of the great sword. :lol:

AMBR said:
Ok, we had two threads labeled basically "Wish List for ProgPower VIII", (the other) plus a whole bunch of other threads like "Which complex/thechnical band..." and "Time for cryptic clues...." that basically turn in to wish lists for Prog Power VIII, I'm just wondering why we need new threads for each individual band that people want? Seems like a lot of redundancy, or maybe I'm just up too late and cranky again. :zzz:

Does this mean I can start a thread for TAROT? Forget it. I'll just be lame and chant it here.
Tarot! Tarot! Tarot! :headbang:
I agree that it would be redundant, but I'd assume that it would be easier for Glenn and Shane to quantify, qualify, and reference the bands in individual threads, instead of scouring the general threads. Although the general threads with polls I'm sure are very helpful. I wonder what Glenn has to say about this. I wouldn't want to start threads that he feels are unnecessary. Plus, I'd like to see Tarot play PPVIII!:headbang:

Glenn's best course of action is to ignore our recommendations. As many of the tastes of people on this board are not consistent with those that generally go to ProgPower.

Take Vanden Plas as an example. People here generally love their latest release. Outside of here? It has not had the rave reviews by metal listeners. So if they Headline. Good for them. A number of people here will be happy. But will the album attract headline like numbers, probably not. Consistent with my recommendation, Glenn should ignore all that I just said.