PP VIII wishlist

rockyracoon said:
If she came with Dreamaker they could do a few Dark Moor tunes.

I like both Alfredo and her...but somehow I prefer the stuff with Elisa..I REALLY like her voice and the older classical elements that permeated the albums. I miss that! I think it would be really awesome to hear her do the older songs while alfredo do the newer songs..

WAIT..IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME to see 2 reunions..old and new DARKMOOR AND old and new ANGRA!!!! In one night?? That would be the BEST SHOW to top already the best festival out there!!! Each of them playing the old songs together.

well, i'm going to bring some other names to the table, but would definitively love to see some of the sugestions you have mentioned!

For an oddball... Unexpect - I consider these guys to be one of the most progressive bands out there, definitively heavier than anything that has been on PP yet, and too chaotic for many, but their classical-influenced songwriting (not neoclassical themes, but the way the songs are structured), gorgeous female vocals, amazing riffs... jus overall one of the best bands out there
I would like to add, that seeing the reaction the last few years for orphaned land, therion, freak kitchen, mercenary and epica... I think we (at least most)like to hear something different that is extremely well done, and not just the usual prog and power bands... but hey, just my opinion (i know some love the typical prog or power bands... i myself do a couple of them)

for a softer band... a.c.t. or lord of mushrooms, i haven't heard the last a.c.t. but their brand of what seems to me like broadway meets metal is catchy as hell... and the music is excelent.

and for female fronted... after forever have been mentioned several times, and having seen them, they are better than epica... but one band that has me wanting to hear them live is angtoria, the band of former COF Sarah Jezebel Deva... just hear the song "I am calling", great song! (sadly not all the album is that good)

and for the reunion-type thing... an anacrusis reunion... these guys were prog-thrash... and were way ahead of its time... hey... one can dream, right?

I think I would be happy with many peoples suggestions but the bands I would love to see next year would go with Pain of Salvation, Elvenking, Primal Fear, Dark Moor...and probably just a bunch of other stuff everyone else has mentioned...

Side question, How unrealistic is it that Pain of Salvation play again?

I'd love to see any of the following:
Beyond Twilight
Pagan's Mind
Cloudscape
Carnivora
Manticora
Redemption
Dark Empire
Prymary
Demons and Wizards
Vanden Plas
Thessera
Riverside
Shadow Gallery (heh)
Atlantidia

Dominick_7 said:
I like both Alfredo and her...but somehow I prefer the stuff with Elisa..I REALLY like her voice and the older classical elements that permeated the albums. I miss that! I think it would be really awesome to hear her do the older songs while alfredo do the newer songs..

WAIT..IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME to see 2 reunions..old and new DARKMOOR AND old and new ANGRA!!!! In one night?? That would be the BEST SHOW to top already the best festival out there!!! Each of them playing the old songs together.

Yes the material with Elisa is superior. It's so refreshing to hear female vocals that arent operatic. She sings with tons of power. And I love the idea of a Dark Moor reunion. They would still need to be probably a #1 slot as I don't think they've got much of a U.S. fanbase.

Rhapsody
Falconer
Elvenking
Dark Moor
Dark Empire

Devil Doll =d
Iced Earth
Freedom Call
Haggard
War Machine

Other bands..

Iron Fire
Andrew Bordoni
Nightwish
Amorphis
Virgin Steele
Heavenly
Dark Tranquility
Voivod ... somehow...
Running Wild
Manticora
Cloudscape
Prototype
Divinity Destroyed
Venturia
Disarmonia Mundi
Redemption
Within Temptation
Waylander
Cruachan
Time Machine
Symphony X
Coldseed
Brother Firetribe
Grey Skies Fallen
Cradle of Filth
Spheric Universe Experience
Steel Dragon.

Edit:: After listening to them for the first time.... I'll add Unexpect too. Reminds me a bit of Devil Doll =p

metropolisimages said:
Symphony X
Kamelot
Suncaged
Ayreon
Redemption
Beyond Twilight
Pagan's Mind
Magnitude 9
Vision Divine
Stride

I'd love to have you guys back. I missed out on seeing you last time. But... if things are how they seem to usually be. Having another album out before a return would probably be necessary. Only reason you weren't on my list.

Glenn, please bring some of the following bands next year:

Firewind
Pagan's Mind
Vanden Plas
Astral Doors
Axel Rudi Pell
Within Temptation
Xandria
U.D.O.
Silent Force
Threshold
Primal Fear
Masterplan

gnosh said:
Annihilator
Rage
Vanden Plas
Beyond Fear
Fates Warning
Jon Olivias Pain
Zero Hour
King Diamond:headbang:
Cool .. a KD mention. I think it would be extremely entertaining, but I'm guessing there is zero percent chance of it ever happening. He's pretty hit and miss with the typical prog power crowd.

Britt

Wish lists are funny. Especially when GH has hinted that the lineup for next year is already set...:lol:

Anyone like the new Delain? So many guest stars.. I wonder how they would pull that off live. The CD is awesome though, "The Gathering" with Marco on vocals is a such cool song. Can only dream they'd play PP but then again some of the bands that have already played have been dreams come true.