PP VIII wishlist

Exploding Ned said:
The all Helloween Progpower. Nothing but Helloween, Helloween related bands, and Helloween karaoke at the Pre-Party. Michael Kiske not invited unless he promises to do only early Helloween. :kickass:

That would be awesome, but Helloween isn't Helloween without Michi. Anyone who honestly thinks about whether Helloween would be the name they are today if their first album was Master of the Rings should know that.

PS: Walls of Jericho rocked too.

legalman20 said:
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween......enough said

All of legalman20's post for the past 4 years have been either a Helloween request or a statement of how much progpower stinks for not having Helloween.

Angrafan said:
All of legalman20's post for the past 4 years have been either a Helloween request or a statement of how much progpower stinks for not having Helloween.

No wonder we don't miss his posts here on the forum.

No arguments here

Braxil said:
That would be awesome, but Helloween isn't Helloween without Michi. Anyone who honestly thinks about whether Helloween would be the name they are today if their first album was Master of the Rings should know that.

PS: Walls of Jericho rocked too.

Haven't thought of an order yet but:

Angra - Especially with a new album coming out
Cynic
Redemption
Psychotic Waltz - If they could be convinced to reunite
Leave's Eyes
Symphony X
Brainstorm
After Forever
Stride
Suncaged
Nightwish - Especially if Colleen is singing!! :headbang: :headbang:

Freak Kitchen for the Pre-Party

Dave@BEC said:
Hard to pick just 14, but here is my current pix for the 3 days of awesome prog/power metal (not in any order)
Suspyre
Crimson Glory
Symphony X
Adagio
Shaaman (or Andre Matos solo?)
Dark Empire
Nocturnal Rites
Overlorde
After Forever or Within Temptation
Last Tribe
Pagan's Mind
Communic
Penumbra
Machine Men

I'm definitely with you on Nocturnal Rites and Pagan's Mind!!!!!:headbang:

a rough list:
Devin Townsend
Pain of Salvation (unlikely though)
Beyond Twilight
Cynic (reunion bitch!!!)
Dark Empire (3rd slot for pre party!!!)
Persuader
Tarot
Nevermore (w/ Sanctuary headling the pre party !!!!! haha)
Fates Warning
Vanden Plas
Tad Morose

BRING EPICA BACK!! :D haha.

hmm....

Blind Guardian
Nocturnal Rites
Luca Turilli
Magistral
Falconer
Odins Court
Dark Empire

these are the top 7 that came to mind, (other than epica, :) :headbang: )
the only band that was here before was, i think, Blind Guardian...but they rule! as long as they only play skalds and shadows from their recent album, ahha.

Tarot rule!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

@ EvilGrit, ALowerDeep, Ascension, Jax, sinerchris, AMBR, booB, nailz, curufin, DemonXeno, Pyramaze51, shaq, Wyvern, dargormudshark:
Thanks a million times for being on my side at that one!!!
If we're so many, there should be a chance for them to play the PP one day!

Pyramaze51 said:
I just had a brilliant idea, and this is a 3 for 1

Pre-party

Brother Firetribe

Friday night
NIGHTWISH

Saturday Night
TAROT

now that is an awesome 3 for 1

:OMG:
This would be my dream come true. Tarot, of course, being the main band.
In case of this billing, I wouldn't need no other band!

But as this isn't going to happen, here my complete wishlist:

Tarot
Nightwish (no matter what singer, as long as Marco is with them. And why not both bands on the billing - would be a bargain, wouldn't it? And YES, Marco could well handle it.)
Masterplan -even without Jorn-,
Ayreon (or better: Star One with Russell Allen),
Threshold,
Heed,
Communic,
Cloudscape,
Balance of Power,
Brainstorm.
Axel Rudi Pell.

Very happy to learn that there are some Masterplan fans out there! (I hated Jorn for leaving the band, but I understand he saw reasons to do so.)

Also great to see that there are quite a few followers of Arjen Lucassen! The Ayreon/Star One live gigs he did with Russell Allen, Damian Wilson, Robert Soeterboek and Floor & Irene Jansen were breathtaking, but I guess they were a once-in-a-lifetime experience that we were lucky to witness.

Entrerie said:
Anyone like the new Delain? So many guest stars.. I wonder how they would pull that off live. The CD is awesome though, "The Gathering" with Marco on vocals is a such cool song. Can only dream they'd play PP but then again some of the bands that have already played have been dreams come true.

They're doing live gigs now in the Netherlands, I was wondering if I should go see them, but ... Marco is not with them. How can they ever replace him? (Not that everyone hadn't known all along that he couldn't be available...)

Not too many bands left that I really want to see at ProgPower.

Andromeda
Superior (This time, a longer set)
After Forever
Within Temptation
Enchant
A.C.T (Yes, I know, an oddball request...)

Jason