PP VIII wishlist

Entrerie said:
I've been a fan of Rhapsody for a long time, but I'm not too keen on their new stuff. I think it would be great for them to play but only if the kept the set to stuff from "Legendary Tales", "Symphony of Enchanted Lands", or Luca does "Kings of the Nordic Twighlight".

I like Luca's new CD too. It's just the last 4 Rhapsody CDs all seemed to sound like the same thing over and over, if that makes sense.

Well, if it can be on a band's contract to only play old stuff, in this case, I'll agree to have Lacuna Coil. It's impossible, even if this is just a "wish list" afterall. I don't think their newer albums are terrible, just not in comparison with earlier Rhapsody, but good enough to select the few good ones and play live. But I'm pretty sure they would go back to the first album if they played at PP. Which by the way, we need more RHAPSODY votes!! :Shedevil: Even if this will never happen.. :cry:

As far as a Dark Moor reuinion, that's impossible because they never broke up. I don't think the band will tell Alfredo to step off the stage a couple of songs so Elisa can sing. I don't think it will EVER happen, as much as they ruled with her.

For the two of you above requesting Thy Majestie, well, I think that would be easy. ;)

Some suggestions:

Overlorde
Riverside
Dark Empire
Firewind
Lordi
Poisonblack
Tarot
Virgin Steele
After Forever
Scar Symmetry
Falconer
Andromeda
Eidolon
Communic

Just a quick list, I'm sure I forgot many :)

TheWhisper said:
I think J-Dub is gonna sponsor them next year.

I'd rather slide down a bannister wrapped with razor wire, then do 10 squats in a kiddie pool filled with lemon juice! (and that's being NICE about it!)

J-Dubya

OK this line up would make me cry like a little girlllllll!!!!:lol:

Preparty:

Rebellion
Ephel Duath
Divison
Vision Divine

Friday:

Elvenking
Battlelore
Threshold
Anathema
Sonata Arctica:kickass:

Saturday:

Wintersun
Within Temptation
Green Carnation
Vanden Plas
Fates Warning or Symphony X:headbang:

Greykiller said:
Wish lists are funny. Especially when GH has hinted that the lineup for next year is already set...:lol:

I THINK (don't wanna speak for THE MAN WITH THE BALLS OF STEEL) that Glenn has a list of probable/possibles from which he will select - but final decisions will rest partly on the sponsorship possibilites.

That said - I almost decided to put together a "tally sheet" to see which bands got the most mentions - but I am so far behind from going to Mexico & PorgPower back to back that I just cant make the time to do it. Might have been a useful tool for Glenn/Shane - and a fun thing for the peeps here.

That said - I have total faith in the selection acumen of Jimmy Buffet, erm, Glenn and the people here who vote with their sponsorship bux. Next year is gonna rock regardless - and the one good thing about only having been to the last 2 is that the odds of me having seen any repeat bands is pretty minimal :)

jeff:headbang:

Hard to pick just 14, but here is my current pix for the 3 days of awesome prog/power metal (not in any order)
Suspyre
Crimson Glory
Symphony X
Adagio
Shaaman (or Andre Matos solo?)
Dark Empire
Nocturnal Rites
Overlorde
After Forever or Within Temptation
Last Tribe
Pagan's Mind
Communic
Penumbra
Machine Men

The all Helloween Progpower. Nothing but Helloween, Helloween related bands, and Helloween karaoke at the Pre-Party. Michael Kiske not invited unless he promises to do only early Helloween. :kickass:

legalman20 said:
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween
Helloween......enough said