Screw waiting...the next band is confirmed

Manticora is one of those bands that just grew on me. I had downloaded a bunch of their songs, and anytime I played them I was really fascinated by this band. Before too long, I bought 3 of their albums. They are definitely a cool PP band. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing them play for longer!

Can't wait for the rest of the roster . . . I already sent in my gold badge money. I trust Glenn enough that I'm SURE the roster will make for an awesome fest!

DarkOne (Steve in Philly)

Well....since there's an ongoing discussion....I'm happy with Manticora. I had started to listen to them a while ago, and now I'll get an album. I haven't heard Therion, but I'll get their albums. So yeah, good so far, at least with Manticora....but I'm hoping for at least a few bands I really love to be there.

FatesFan said:
Yes, this is my opinion and mine alone. I may be in the minority,so what. My dollars spend just as far as yours do. I am not really sure what to do with this comment (One other note, I know many people just focus on the band list and the bands' performances to determine how good Progpower is, but the festival really is about so much more than that.) Without the bands you have no show. Listen, this isn't a Star Trek convention, it is a music festival. How can you not focus on the band and/or the performances. I am not driving to another state for a weekend,leaving my family,spending a fair amount of money,to not be concerned about who plays just to hang out with a bunch of strangers and talk about music. I can do that here for free and from the comfort of my own home. Yes, I agree that the festival is an experience in itself. I strongly believe that PP is the # 1 metal festival bar none in this hemisphere. I think what Glen has managed to pull off in histories past is in itself mind boggling. I do have confidence in the fact that there will be plenty music to my liking when it is all said and done. I simply said I need it to be more than I have seen thus far. Some of you are to damn sensitive. Some one said "just because you don't like the first two band anounce doesn't mean that the whole festival is going to suck. Come on , do you people even read what other people are saying. I never implied that the whole festival is not going to be good. I am not an idiot. I understand that only two bands have been anounced and that there are eight more to come. I simply stated that I hope it goes upward"in my estimation". Besides, I never said I did not like Manticora. In fact I said that they would make a good one slot. Like the rest of you I would like nothing more than to look at the complete line up and marvel at the list of bands that I know I will get to see come September. I have said it before and I'll say it again. This only comes once a year and it is a huge deal to me. So excuse me for having an opinion and for wantng this to be to my liking.
I'M BEING TOO SENSITIVE???? This ridiculous rant isn't even worth responding to so I'll keep this short. I wasn't slamming you in any way shape or form, only offering a suggestion as to how you might find value in the festival itself other than just focusing on the bands because I know I personally will have a blast regardless. Like I said IN THE FIRST LINE OF MY POST - "Hey, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it".

FatesFan said:
I am not really sure what to do with this comment (One other note, I know many people just focus on the band list and the bands' performances to determine how good Progpower is, but the festival really is about so much more than that.)
I can tell you EXACTLY what you can do with it.

I really like the mp3 they have at their site for the new cd. I am a very limited power metal fan. I dig thunderstone, tad morose, brainstorm so I lean towards that which is slightly heavier and maybe alittle less cheesy. I will say that I like what I hear from manticore.

oh lord, the shopping cart that I am building currently at the end records will probably send their future kids to college.:Spin:

On a side note, I must say that Glenn has excellent taste in which weekend to choose to host the fest in September. My birthday being Sept. 19. It was such a killer gift being able to get a last month ticket last year from the man Glenn himself. I can't say enough what a birthday it was last year.:headbang:

Dark One said:
I'M BEING TOO SENSITIVE???? This ridiculous rant isn't even worth responding to so I'll keep this short. I wasn't slamming you in any way shape or form, only offering a suggestion as to how you might find value in the festival itself other than just focusing on the bands because I know I personally will have a blast regardless. Like I said IN THE FIRST LINE OF MY POST - "Hey, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it".

I can tell you EXACTLY what you can do with it.

I think it is hilarious how you have questioned the sensitivity issue and have turned right around and helped make my point with your little tantrum. That’ll show me.

J-Dubya 777 said:
If this WAN'T addressed to me, please move on to the next post.....
I'm moving on to the next post.

It wasn't directed at you. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It was merely aimed at those who are concerned that this won't be a quality show.

Zod

FatesFan said:
I think it is hilarious how you have questioned the sensitivity issue and have turned right around and helped make my point with your little tantrum. That’ll show me.

Uh......helping what point? Your point that I was being too sensitive with my initial response to you? Is that the little point I'm helping you make genius?

I was merely discussing your post with my initial reply. You responded to my post that was not being too sensitive or slamming you at all with a big, flaming rant. A big, flaming rant which warranted the "I can tell you EXACTLY what you can do with it reply".

There was no "sensitiviy issue" until you created one.

Bad Girl Tess said:
HAHA!! This is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life! I bet it's worth it to Glenn just to see ONE person get this excited over a band. That is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: I'm so happy that you're so happy -- that is hilarious! Yaaaaaaaaaaay Manticora!

CUTE? Awww sheeeit.... I've been called cute. I'm not cute! I'm EVIL!

balrog4.gif

Might as well revoke my Metal Card. I'm gonna go listen to Michael Bolton now.

:loco:

Dark One said:
Uh......helping what point? Your point that I was being too sensitive with my initial response to you? Is that the little point I'm helping you make genius?

I was merely discussing your post with my initial reply. You responded to my post that was not being too sensitive or slamming you at all with a big, flaming rant. A big, flaming rant which warranted the "I can tell you EXACTLY what you can do with it reply".

There was no "sensitiviy issue" until you created one.

Does sombody need a shoulder to cry on?

Harvester said:
I think prog fans need to grab some lube and loosen the sphincter. I'm going to take care of you, so RELAX. My forumula remains the same from year to year (not in any specific order):

headliners (traditionally its power as that is what sells)
oddball
heavy hitters with melody
traditional power
pure prog bands
cross-over bands that blur the line

You may not like what you see until the last few bands are announced on March 1st. After that, then you can complain all you want.

Glenn H.

Glenn H.

Oh come on Glenn, don't you expect a little criticism? You're dealing with human beings here...it's what people like to do debate, argue, speculate, etc... I thought that was the purpose of the forum. I wasn't aware that we had be your cheerleaders all the time. :hotjump: Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks to me if you have an opposing viewpoint at all, then your destined to get your butt kicked on here. And the prog fans are the ones that need to loosen up? I like power, prog, or goth as much as the next guy, but if you question or go against the popular viewpoint, then you are made to feel wrong. If you're that upset about what's being said on here, then maybe you need to look into some lube yourself? ;)

edgeofthorns said:
Oh come on Glenn, don't you expect a little criticism?
If you're that upset about what's being said on here, then maybe you need to look into some lube yourself? ;)

Read the post again. It was directed toward the critiquing of the entire festival based on only two band announcements. I have no problem with people complaining in a constructive way at all, even bashing certain bands. Once again, I do take umbrage at the "festival" complaints when the roster is not complete. If I had as sensitive skin as a few on this forum, I would have gave up long ago.

As for the other comment, I saw the *wink.* Keep in mind you are a guest in my house and should act accordingly.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
Read the post again. It was directed toward the critiquing of the entire festival based on only two band announcements. I have no problem with people complaining in a constructive way at all, even bashing certain bands. Once again, I do take umbrage at the "festival" complaints when the roster is not complete. If I had as sensitive skin as a few on this forum, I would have gave up long ago.

As for the other comment, I saw the *wink.* Keep in mind you are a guest in my house and should act accordingly.

Glenn H.

Hell yeah.:Spin: :Spin:

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

I'm sure we all could be using our time a little more wisely, myself included, so let's call it even. Good luck planning the rest of the festival. :headbang: