Screw waiting...the next band is confirmed

Well I just went out and picked up 8 Deadly Sins. Very very good. I am very impressed. I am still listening to it now. Whenever I get into a new band Itry to compare it to other bands to see who they are like, if they are like anyone at all. Right now im feeling Brainstorm meets Blind Guardian which means I love this fucking band. I think I am coming out to my first ProgPower this year.

(I also picked up Battle Cry by OMEN! Why didn't I own this already? It fucking rules!)

TheGraveDigger said:
(I also picked up Battle Cry by OMEN! Why didn't I own this already? It fucking rules!)

That's awsome, I played in a metal band back in the 80's and we opened up for Omen when they toured on that Album. It was and is a solid Album.

FatesFan said:
That's awsome, I played in a metal band back in the 80's and we opened up for Omen when they toured on that Album. It was and is a solid Album.

That is very cool. I am such a youngster. I wish I was old enough in the 80's to see these bands and catch some of the killer tours that took place back then. The ones I would have loved to see the most are Helloween/Grim Reaper/Raven, Helloween/Anthrax/Exodus, and Celtic Frost/Voivod/Running Wild. Vinnie Vincent Invasion supporting Iron Maiden on a few of the Somewhere In Time dates I would have also killed to see.

I believe Omen is actually still around. I think I recall hearing about them opening the Texas dates for Helloween when they toured here in early 2004.

I have been trying not to post about the line up so far, but it has already gotten pretty fucked up on here. Glenn has been busting his ass probably since the last PP ended and he see's bitching after two bands have been announced. I think you should just go back to giving the whole line up at once Glenn. This is pretty messed up that people don't seem to trust you enough after running this thing for five years. I trust you fully and I will be there in September! :worship:

TheGraveDigger said:
That is very cool. I am such a youngster. I wish I was old enough in the 80's to see these bands and catch some of the killer tours that took place back then. The ones I would have loved to see the most are Helloween/Grim Reaper/Raven, Helloween/Anthrax/Exodus, and Celtic Frost/Voivod/Running Wild. Vinnie Vincent Invasion supporting Iron Maiden on a few of the Somewhere In Time dates I would have also killed to see.

I believe Omen is actually still around. I think I recall hearing about them opening the Texas dates for Helloween when they toured here in early 2004.

It was in Texas (Houston) that we opened for Omen. They were not happy about it at all because they had just come off a tour supporting a large arena tour(I believe it was Ozzy-that's what they said). Then they got stuck in the small club in Houston with my band opening to a very small crowd.

You mention Raven...I saw them in a show with Slayer and Wasp back in the day. Raven was awsome. It was in an old small one screen movie theater. I like you would have loved to see Helloween in the Keeper of the Seven Keys days. I did see Anthrax before. I grew up with the Guys from Helstar. We played with them or I should say against them in several battle of the bands. Those were the days.

nightwish58 said:
Hey Fates Fan, I completely understand what you are saying. I am personally not happy at all with the first two bands announced. I do not own 1 album from either band; actually, I had Manticora's first album and thought it was so bad that i gave it away for free! So yeah, you could definitely say I am very dissapointed thus far, but I know there are 8 more to come.

Last year, I liked 9 out of the 10 bands that played and owned cd's from all of them. I realize that I won't be so lucky year in and year out however, for my purposes, the festival could easily blow up with the announcement of a Conception reunion alone!!! Not to mention if Shaman, Masterplan, Labyrinth, Vision Divine, etc... are announced (then I would be thrilled). Bottom line is that I will be sending my money for the gold badges regardless because i know when all is said and done, there will at least be 5 bands there that I really enjoy.

As for Therion, I am definitely open to them and will try and pick up a few albums prior to the show. They seem like an interesting band, just 1 that I never got into. Manticora is a totally different story as far as I'm concerned. We'll see what happens next Monday!!!

Thanks Nightwish58

Bryan316 said:
CUTE? Awww sheeeit.... I've been called cute. I'm not cute! I'm EVIL!

balrog4.gif

Might as well revoke my Metal Card. I'm gonna go listen to Michael Bolton now.

:loco:

Ha! I'm sorry. How's that Michael Bolton working out for ya? ;)

Dark One said:
Apparently.

Hey Dark,

You know,maybe I was a bit out of line and may have come at you wrong. I originally responded to your post but had several others on my mind at the same time as well. That entire"rant" was not totally directed at you. It just seemed to snowball from there. I respectfully apologize to you and anyone else that I may have offended. This should not be a place for this kind of stuff. If anyone has seen any of my previous posts you will recall that I go out of my way to say I am not trying to offend or insult anyones taste with comments of my own taste.

There it is for what it's worth.

FatesFan said:
It was in Texas (Houston) that we opened for Omen. They were not happy about it at all because they had just come off a tour supporting a large arena tour(I believe it was Ozzy-that's what they said). Then they got stuck in the small club in Houston with my band opening to a very small crowd.

You mention Raven...I saw them in a show with Slayer and Wasp back in the day. Raven was awsome. It was in an old small one screen movie theater. I like you would have loved to see Helloween in the Keeper of the Seven Keys days. I did see Anthrax before. I grew up with the Guys from Helstar. We played with them or I should say against them in several battle of the bands. Those were the days.
Man that is some awesome stuff. I love Helstar. I am a big Seven Witches fan as well. I was hoping that BWBK will get Helstar for their fest this year since they had Seven Witches last year.

I saw Raven last year at the NJ March Metal Meltdown (along with Attacker, Twisted Tower Dire, Seven Witches, and Symphony X). They were awesome and totally tore the house down. I met them after their performance at a signing session and they were just the nicest of guys. They signed my Wiped Out cd booklet.

I haven't seen Anthrax yet and the first time I see them is looking good as Belladonna may be with them this summer. I saw Belladonna open for WASP over the summer and he was definetly more Anthrax than the actual band is now adays... MEDUSSSSAAAAAAA!!!!!! I went nuts to hear that one.

What was your band like back in the day? Power metal, traditional metal??

TheGraveDigger said:
Man that is some awesome stuff. I love Helstar. I am a big Seven Witches fan as well. I was hoping that BWBK will get Helstar for their fest this year since they had Seven Witches last year.

I saw Raven last year at the NJ March Metal Meltdown (along with Attacker, Twisted Tower Dire, Seven Witches, and Symphony X). They were awesome and totally tore the house down. I met them after their performance at a signing session and they were just the nicest of guys. They signed my Wiped Out cd booklet.

I haven't seen Anthrax yet and the first time I see them is looking good as Belladonna may be with them this summer. I saw Belladonna open for WASP over the summer and he was definetly more Anthrax than the actual band is now adays... MEDUSSSSAAAAAAA!!!!!! I went nuts to hear that one.

What was your band like back in the day? Power metal, traditional metal??

Traditional Metal..........We had a write up about our 1985 Demo in METAL FORCES magazine. We had airplay in several places around the world.(on a very small bases) By the way,Helstar always kicked our ass.

FatesFan said:
Hey Dark,

You know,maybe I was a bit out of line and may have come at you wrong. I originally responded to your post but had several others on my mind at the same time as well. That entire"rant" was not totally directed at you. It just seemed to snowball from there. I respectfully apologize to you and anyone else that I may have offended. This should not be a place for this kind of stuff. If anyone has seen any of my previous posts you will recall that I go out of my way to say I am not trying to offend or insult anyones taste with comments of my own taste.

There it is for what it's worth.

Thanks Fates. It's cool, I'm just glad you realized that I wasn't trying to attack you at all. For myself, I just like to go into the festival knowing that I'm going to have a great time even if the bands are disappointing to me. Hey, if at least some of the bands are great, my festival just went from a great time to an outstanding time. If all of the bands are great, well, we're talking Cloud 9, heh.

Either way, in looking at it from your perspective, let's hope that after the rest of the bands are announced, you get psyched as well. :)

FatesFan said:
Traditional Metal..........We had a write up about our 1985 Demo in METAL FORCES magazine. We had airplay in several places around the world.(on a very small bases) By the way,Helstar always kicked our ass.

Very cool, what was your bands name?

Rivera is just an amazing singer. I am going to see Seven Witches on February 12. They are filming the show for a DVD and it is free admission as well. Ion Vein is opening and they are also an awesome band. I just ordered James latest band Distant Thunder from the End Records. I can't wait to get it. It was on alot of peoples year end favorites of 2004.

Dark One said:
Either way, in looking at it from your perspective, let's hope that after the rest of the bands are announced, you get psyched as well. :)

Lets hope so. :headbang:

TheGraveDigger said:
Very cool, what was your bands name?

Rivera is just an amazing singer. I am going to see Seven Witches on February 12. They are filming the show for a DVD and it is free admission as well. Ion Vein is opening and they are also an awesome band. I just ordered James latest band Distant Thunder from the End Records. I can't wait to get it. It was on alot of peoples year end favorites of 2004.

The name of my band was Screamer. Kinda dumb I know, but we started when I was like 12 or 13 and it's hard to change a name once you started. We played against Helstar even before James came around. Funny fact about Helstars "Burning Star" ALbum(vinyl). If you look in the blank black space next to the label (the end of the album), you will find an inscription in spanish that puts down Joe Elliot from Def Leppard. Joe had made some nasty remakes about mexicans while touring texas and the Original band members all being from mexican decent had a bit of a problem with it. My spanish is not that good so I could have this spelled all wrong,but it said"jose elliot chupas webos mexicano." Loosely translated " Joe elliot sucks Mexican Balls".

Just thouht I would share. Have fun at the witches show. You should come back and give a review.

jaimek said:
You people are silly. It's Glenn's damn show. If you don't like the lineup, then don't go!
It is absolutely Glenn's show, don't believe anyone is disputing that fact, but people should be able to express an opinion about a band and not get flamed for it. If there were no dissenting opinions about these things, there would would be no need for these message boards or forums. That is why they're around, and so popular, people like discussion and debate. If everyone agreed on everything the boards would be pretty boring.

I have already booked my room and sent payment for my GB's, even though I don't know the line-up yet. I am not too fond of the 2 bands revealed so far, but will be in Atlanta come Sept. even if I don't like the other 8 bands. People should remember that not all will share their opinion on matters and should be adult enough to understand that fact, without getting all pissy.

I must stress, though I used your quote jaimek, this post is not directed at you or anyone else in particular, but rather in general to say lighten up everyone. Debate, discuss, disagree, but have fun doing so and don't take shit so seriously. Glenn runs a first class show and throws one hell of a party every year. I am looking forward to the rest of the band announcements and know that no matter the bands, PP will be a great time.

Cheers all.

nightwish58 said:
Hey Fates Fan, I completely understand what you are saying. I am personally not happy at all with the first two bands announced. I do not own 1 album from either band; actually, I had Manticora's first album and thought it was so bad that i gave it away for free! So yeah, you could definitely say I am very dissapointed thus far, but I know there are 8 more to come.

Last year, I liked 9 out of the 10 bands that played and owned cd's from all of them. I realize that I won't be so lucky year in and year out however, for my purposes, the festival could easily blow up with the announcement of a Conception reunion alone!!! Not to mention if Shaman, Masterplan, Labyrinth, Vision Divine, etc... are announced (then I would be thrilled). Bottom line is that I will be sending my money for the gold badges regardless because i know when all is said and done, there will at least be 5 bands there that I really enjoy.

As for Therion, I am definitely open to them and will try and pick up a few albums prior to the show. They seem like an interesting band, just 1 that I never got into. Manticora is a totally different story as far as I'm concerned. We'll see what happens next Monday!!!

That is exactly how I am. Never liked Therion but now some of Lemuria/Sirius b is growing on me, I might buy it. Manticora is a different story I kind of like one song but most of the stuff I have heard is just heh :erk: I don't care though because I know Glenn is saving the best for last and I can't wait :headbang:

General Zod said:
I'm moving on to the next post.

It wasn't directed at you. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It was merely aimed at those who are concerned that this won't be a quality show.

Zod

I'd NEVER expect a bad show out of Glenn, nor a bad time at Prog Power!
:Spin:

J-Dubya