The Annual Cryptic Roster Clue Post...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Let it be known that I do not have a single signed contract in place yet. However, I do either have verbal handshakes or "looks good, just have to make sure on things" from nine of the ten bands. I have a backup plan ready for the one band that I am still waiting on (same slot, same circumstances). I feel fairly confident that the roster is complete based upon initial discussions. If something changes, you will not even know it.

Let it be known that there are no "reunions, solo projects, or one-off studio projects this year. It's a straight ahead solid roster that consists of the following:

Of the ten bands, zero are from the United States.
Of the ten bands, seven will be making their U.S debut.
Of the ten bands, two will be returning bands.
Of the two returning performers, both will be bumped up a slot.
Of the ten bands, none will be returning from PP V or VI. I have bumped up the no repeat rule from one year to two years.

I will keep with last year's format of announcing two bands per week starting in mid-February.

cheers,

Glenn H.

Woo-Hoo! Morgana Lefay and Mercenary are still possible with those clues! If 7 are making their USA debut, and 2 have already played in the US (at PP) that leaves one band that has already played in the USA, but not at PP. Here's hoping it's Morgana Lefay!

I'll say that Evergrey moves up from the #4 to the headliner spot. They are one of the two return bands, and one of the non US debut bands.

Mercenary will be the other return band, and will move up from a #2 to a #3 spot. If not them then definately Pagan's Mind. Both these bands would also qualify for being a non US debut band.

The other headliner will be Helloween, and will be making their debut at the fest, but not their US debut.

The rest of the bands will be making US debuts. I'll say the rest of the lineup will consist of :

Vision Divine
Pyramaze
Nocturnal Rites
Freak Kitchen
Astral Doors
Riverside
Black Majesty

Britt

DarkTide said:
I'll say that Evergrey moves up from the #4 to the headliner spot. They are one of the two return bands, and one of the non US debut bands.

Mercenary will be the other return band, and will move up from a #2 to a #3 spot. If not them then definately Pagan's Mind. Both these bands would also qualify for being a non US debut band.

The other headliner will be Helloween, and will be making their debut at the fest, but not their US debut.

The rest of the bands will be making US debuts. I'll say the rest of the lineup will consist of :

Vision Divine
Pyramaze
Nocturnal Rites
Freak Kitchen
Astral Doors
Riverside
Black Majesty

Britt

I have never heard Astral Doors, but that lineup what rock the living shit out of me!!!!

Oh god, please not Evergrey, they've played PP how many times now? 7? hehe..

As always, none of us will even come close to predicting which bands will be at PP so I'll just sit here and see what you guys come up with!

Glenn? Is that KFK playing a set of BAGPIPES in your avatar?? I sooooo want a link to the fullsize pic of that! LOL

I'm hoping Nocturnal Rites and DragonForce are on the bill, if they are, I'm SOOO there!

Kerryking.jpg

Credit some dude at the Brave Words forum.

Glenn H.

Sounds like Pagan's Mind to me. As for the debuts, geez, who knows? I can't even imagine what the headliners are, since all returning bands got bumped up. We know that Iced Earth and Fates Warning are not on the roster.

So are you happy with your roster? You seemed a little apprehensive about it before.

adaher said:
So are you happy with your roster? You seemed a little apprehensive about it before.

I am very happy about it. My earlier apprehension was based on the headline situation as I just didn't see four acts to put on the top for 90 min slots. Once I trimmed the 4th slot back to 75 mins, then I could concentrate more on the overall roster, specifically 2nd & 3rd slots. I think there will be some excited folks to see the bands in the #2 slot with a 60 minutes set.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
Of the ten bands, zero are from the United States.
Hmm... that rules out Redemption, which kind of blows. It obviously rules out a number of bands who I enjoy, but none that I was expecting to be at PP.

Are Pyramaze considered to be from the U.S.? I know Lance lives here.

By the way, how many bands from Poland will be performing?

Zod

General Zod said:
By the way, how many bands from Poland will be performing?

Hey, you are trying to "trick" him into telling (lol).

I too am disappointed that we won't see Redemption play this year :(

As for the pic of the guy with the bagpipes, all I can say is "Now that's not something you see every day!"

AngraRULES said:
Pagan's Mind and Mercenary.

That's where my votes go to.

Or Evergrey!
Me too, though, Morgana Lefay would be great too, but Merc. and PM are my tops choices. I'm so glad to hear there are returning bands, and I'm kind of happy to see there are no odd projects for once. They were fun, but I'd like to see some bands that may have longevity.

chibitotoro said:
My money's on Threshold and Pagan's Mind.

Oh SHIT MONKEYS that would SO rule.... :hotjump: :headbang: :headbang: :worship:

No U.S. bands?

No Redemption or Enchant...........
:erk: :yell: :yell: :yell:

I am BUMMED by that - but still majorly excited to hear the lineup.... :tickled:

If Thresh and Pagan's Mind both play, that will be reason enough for me to go - evrything else iwll be icing on the cake.... :Spin:

It sucks that list of clues exempts:

Redemption
Symphony X
Enchant
(and who can expect the following 3 years in a row?)
Dreamscape
Kamelot
Conception
Brainstorm
Symphorce

But the possibility of 2 of these 3 bands returning would be great for me:

Evergrey
Pagan's Mind (I was at PPIV, but came back late and missed them D'OH!)
Threshold

And these band would also be good:
Vanden Plas
Superior
Zero Hour

As far as the rest that are making their US debut...has Epica ever played the US? Well even if they have, 1 band can have played the US before, since only 7 are making thier debut. As far as the US debut bands, Stream of Passion seem possible. I'll think of more, when I have the time.