The Annual Cryptic Roster Clue Post...

YtseJammer said:
What? When? Where? What'd I miss?

They performed the halftime entertainment at a Vikings/Lions game last year. I think only about 30 people showed up for that game, which would be consistient with SwordLord's observation.

Hmmmmmmm, lets see. No US bands
2 Returning - PAGAN'S MIND, MERCENARY
7 making their US debut - LANFEAR, FREAK KITCHEN, TAROT, SAVAGE CIRCUS, NOTURNAL RITES, HELLOWEEN, CLOUDSCAPE
And last but by no means least PYRAMAZE - not their US debut, and they are considered to be from Denmark.

so here are my choices in no particular order
PYRAMAZE
LANFEAR
CLOUDSCAPE
NOCTURAL RITES
TAROT
FREAK KITCHEN
PAGAN'S MIND
SAVAGE CIRCUS
MERCENARY
HELLOWEEN
Oh well just my thoughts and my decoding of the clues.

Oh I can just see the return of THRESHOLD!!! They may even have a new album out by the time PP7 comes around... If not, it will be in support of the Fan Club Live CD...

Ah, no repeat bands for 2 years now... That is kinda good. Although Edguy could have been back for PP7 with the old rule.

Well this means that Symphony X will be able, as well as Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian!!!!!!!

Three words....

Running fucking Wild

if this is the case I will piss, shit, and nut at the same time.

Also hoping for Pagan's Mind, Grave Digger, Morgana Lefay, Mercenary, and Gamma Ray as possibles.

For some reason, I'm getting the vibe that Nocturnal Rites is going to be on the bill. I'd bet money on it. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard.

As for Running Wild, as much as I personally think it would be fun to see them, I highly doubt they'll be at ProgPower anytime soon, considering the tepid response that Rage received a few years back. Actually, I was somewhat disappointed to see so much of the crowd pussying out there. Feh.

The Fiddler said:
I would agree with what you said above if the band you mentioned was Pagan's Mind. I like Enigmatic Calling, but it's pretty much a clone of Celestial Entrance which I prefer more.
I don't think I mentioned any band.

The Fiddler said:
Silent Force will have a new CD out late next summer, just before ProgPower. 2004's "Worlds Apart" was a nice step forward for the band...
I thought it was a step sideways, at best.

The Fiddler said:
...and Glenn has stated the same on this forum.
Obviously an important factor.

The Fiddler said:
The new album should be even better than "Worlds Apart", if the band continues to push themselves.
I hope their next CD kicks my ass. I hope every CD I buy kicks my ass.

The Fiddler said:
So, Silent Force certainly seems like higher-than-average possibility, or at least more so than Pagan's Mind.
Yes, but Pagan's Mind fills the harder to fill role of satisfying the Prog contingent.

Understand, I like Silent Force. Their not one of my favorite bands, but what they do, they do relatively well. That said, if it was my fest, I wouldn't be in a hurry to have them back. I just don't think they bring anything to PPVII that we need to see again. However, there are tons of bands who could potentionally play this fest, who I would be far less interested in then SF. At least we know SF will give us a quality show.

Zod

Pyramaze51 said:
7 making their US debut - LANFEAR, FREAK KITCHEN, TAROT, SAVAGE CIRCUS, NOTURNAL RITES, HELLOWEEN, CLOUDSCAPE

All sounds good except for Helloween dude, they've played the US numerous times. Seen them twice personally.

Torn2Shreds said:
Well this means that Symphony X will be able,

Uh... they're from New Jersey... no US bands.

jaimek said:
...but they traditionally have *preferred* the #4 spot so that they have time to hang out afterwards, and rejected the headliner at PP4 for just that reason.
Are you certain about that? I never heard that they rejected a headliner spot.

Zod

Yippee38 said:
The other two returnees have to come from the list of:
Threshold
PM
Mercenary
or maybe
Zero Hour.
Jag Panzer might make a cool headliner in place of Evergrey.

Don't forget Balance of Power, from PP2.0 They should (hopefully) have a new album out by PPVII, and apparently the new singer, Corey Brown, went over well at a recent show they played in the UK.

--Mike

General Zod said:

Zod

I don't think they have...I remember Glenn somewhere, sometime saying that he thought Evergrey would make a good headliner in the future, so I don't think he'd say that if they didn't want to do it. And in regards to the Mercenary discussion, they weren't ever 3rd slot, it was Vanden Plas and C2C that year.

jaimek said:
Evergrey..., but they traditionally have *preferred* the #4 spot so that they have time to hang out afterwards, and rejected the headliner at PP4 for just that reason.
General Zod said:
I agree with Zod. I think that jaimek is confusing that with Nightwish having rejected the headliner spot @ PPIV.