The Annual Cryptic Roster Clue Post...

Okay i stand corrected on Helloween, my bad i forgot, so now i have to get a seventh US debut band. Hmmmmmmmmm who could it be???? But i stand by the other 6, Okay i will go with EPICA, i don't think they have played here before, what's you thoughts on that ZOD???

Pyramaze51 said:
Okay i stand corrected on Helloween, my bad i forgot, so now i have to get a seventh US debut band. Hmmmmmmmmm who could it be???? But i stand by the other 6, Okay i will go with EPICA, i don't think they have played here before, what's you thoughts on that ZOD???
Honestly, haven't listened to them. Which is their best CD to start with?

Zod

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Biomechanical would make a great 2 slot with the extended time and all. I might even shit my pants if they play.
I'd be very into seeing Biomechanical. However, I'm guessing that they're not the type of band who plays out a great deal, and I'd be very surprised if they're capable of pulling off their music live. I fear it would come across as just a wall of sound.

Zod

General Zod said:
Honestly, haven't listened to them. Which is their best CD to start with?

Zod
Start out with "THE PHANTOM AGONY" to me this is their best of the Two CDs they have out. Also ZOD go to www.wisdom.hu and check out this band from Hungary, i think you might like them. They are kinda Power Metal but different, its the vocalist that makes them so. also check out www.fragilevastness.com great progressive band from Greece.

General Zod said:
I'd be very into seeing Biomechanical. However, I'm guessing that they're not the type of band who plays out a great deal, and I'd be very surprised if they're capable of pulling off their music live. I fear it would come across as just a wall of sound.

Zod

Well Zod, I know for a fact that they just did UK tour with Stampin Ground (yuck) and some other band. They were also in Greece and my chief editor got see them, check out a live report at the address below http://www.metal-temple.com/report.asp?id=129

The Fiddler said:
Woo-Hoo! Morgana Lefay and Mercenary are still possible with those clues! If 7 are making their USA debut, and 2 have already played in the US (at PP) that leaves one band that has already played in the USA, but not at PP. Here's hoping it's Morgana Lefay!

God (Glenn!!) please not let it be Mercenary!!!!

Evergrey and Pagan's Mind, anyone??!?!?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and lets get Dead Soul Tribe, please.

If Evergrey moves up a slot, they will headline (and I would make white stuff in my pants!!!!!!!!), and if Pagan's Mind comes, I can wash away the stain of missing them (Goddamn confusing directions--how many fucking PEACH STREETS do you need, Atlanta?????????) in IV.

General Zod said:
Hmm... that rules out Redemption, which kind of blows. It obviously rules out a number of bands who I enjoy, but none that I was expecting to be at PP.

Zod

I vote for Enchant at the pre-party. To whom do I have to sell my daughters in order for this to happen?
:headbang:

Greykiller said:
God (Glenn!!) please not let it be Mercenary!!!!

Evergrey and Pagan's Mind, anyone??!?!?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and lets get Dead Soul Tribe, please.

If Evergrey moves up a slot, they will headline (and I would make white stuff in my pants!!!!!!!!), and if Pagan's Mind comes, I can wash away the stain of missing them (Goddamn confusing directions--how many fucking PEACH STREETS do you need, Atlanta?????????) in IV.

Hell yeah bro! Get Dead Soul Tribe for PPVII! :headbang:

Glenn, any advance clues on 'oddball' bands? Are you talking with any?

Regarding Pain of Salvation, I think they'd do well at the pre-party...NOT because they lack the audience for the mainstage, but because they've really seemed to shine at gigs in more intimate surroundings, like JJ Kelley's (PPUSA 1.0). I don't expect them to play at the pre-party for money reasons; it's just an observation. Besides, we'll need to make some room for US bands in 2006. :)

Harvester said:
Let it be known that I do not have a single signed contract in place yet. However, I do either have verbal handshakes or "looks good, just have to make sure on things" from nine of the ten bands. I have a backup plan ready for the one band that I am still waiting on (same slot, same circumstances). I feel fairly confident that the roster is complete based upon initial discussions. If something changes, you will not even know it.

Let it be known that there are no "reunions, solo projects, or one-off studio projects this year. It's a straight ahead solid roster that consists of the following:

Of the ten bands, zero are from the United States.
Of the ten bands, seven will be making their U.S debut.
Of the ten bands, two will be returning bands.
Of the two returning performers, both will be bumped up a slot.
Of the ten bands, none will be returning from PP V or VI. I have bumped up the no repeat rule from one year to two years.

I will keep with last year's format of announcing two bands per week starting in mid-February.

cheers,

Glenn H.

Hmmmm....

Debuts:

Alchemist.... Eldritch.... Freak Kitchen.... Green Carnation (They played Canada NOT the US).... Sieges Even.... Wastefall.... Spheric Universe Experience
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returns:

Pagan's Mind.... Threshold or Angel Dust

Non US Debut:

Helloween.... Sonata Arctica.... Grave Digger.... Opeth.... Running Wild (any of these could fit the bill)

Of course I have no F'n clue who will actually be on the roster.... I just know it will be a killer party none the less!!!! \m/

Seems to me that Green Carnation could fit a certain CD into a 60-minute slot..... :)

Patrick, I can't see Opeth on the bill anymore unless it was something special...like them being contractually obligated to play "Black Rose Immortal," which Mikael A. said they'd NEVER do. Years ago (PPIII), yeah. But not now. And anyway, they'll be back in February. \m/

General Zod said:
Are you certain about that? I never heard that they rejected a headliner spot.

Zod

Yessir: they were offered the headliner at PP4, and they asked for #4 instead so they'd have time to hang out afterwards - and do the autograph session that inadvertently stole a lot of Rage's potential audience.

Pyramaze51 said:
Start out with "THE PHANTOM AGONY" to me this is their best of the Two CDs they have out. Also ZOD go to www.wisdom.hu and check out this band from Hungary, i think you might like them. They are kinda Power Metal but different, its the vocalist that makes them so. also check out www.fragilevastness.com great progressive band from Greece.
Thanks. I'll check those out.

Zod

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Well Zod, I know for a fact that they just did UK tour with Stampin Ground (yuck) and some other band. They were also in Greece and my chief editor got see them, check out a live report at the address below http://www.metal-temple.com/report.asp?id=129
Thanks for the review. However, something he said leads me to believe what I fear may be the case:

"Their sound was (is) massive! This band’s definitely made for huge venues and surely deserves top-notch sound engineers wherever they play. But hey, what the hell, it was their debut live performance in Greece, so it didn’t really matter. It matters now that I’ve seen them and I desperately want to see them again live but at some huge stage with some huge speakers and stuff."

It sounds like their music did turn into a wall of sound. There's just so much going on during their CDs, it's real easy to see how it wouldn;t come across live, short of spectacular performances, a top flight engineer, and a great sound system.

Zod