The Annual Cryptic Roster Clue Post...

TBJ said:
Oh god, please not Evergrey, they've played PP how many times now? 7? hehe..

As always, none of us will even come close to predicting which bands will be at PP so I'll just sit here and see what you guys come up with!

amen, not that i dont like em...im ready for something else

AMBR said:
Gotta get in on the support for VP. Was a highpoint for me that year. Real nice guys too. Would be great to have them back.

I agree 100%. Great band, with a high quality body of work. They were also great live and after the show. Can't lose with those guys.

Bryant

Progpower! Awww, great bands all in one place. Damn! I am wishing and hoping with all my might that one of those 10 bands is NOCTURNAL RITES. If you haven't heard them, sheesh you are missing out! Now that is METAL! Well none from the U.S? Ohh come on, you should have at least one great band to "represent" the U.S in a good way. ICARUS WITCH ANYONE?
Yes, Europe is the land of great power metal music but believe it or not, once in a while the U.S gives birth to great musicians. Two words and I leave you with that metal friends

ICARUS WITCH!!!

aww thanks! yes I guess while I am at it I should add another favorite of mine.

Symphony X (they sung to me, yay)

I have already seen them though so I would kind of like to see different bands be given a chance. Nocturnal Rites needs to come to the U.S already. We've been missing out. Oh Rhapsody would be fuckin awesome to see again but that would bring fans from all over. So many great bands and so little to choose from.

at this stage, wouldn't glenn's clues tell you that one of the headliners is either rage of gammaray?

well all we have left is headliners.. and he said two bands are being "bumped up A slot". and we only have the first three to go by. All the other bands have been within the past two years. GAmma Ray and Rage have been just before headliners and not within last 2 years. Although he did say somethinga bout breaking a rule.

Gamma Ray could qualify. They are touring the US, but not near Atlanta.

Rage previously headlined, so per the Cryptic Clues (tm), they can't be a headliner.

Evergrey qualifies.* Threshold qualifies. Nightwish (!) qualifies. Symphony X would, but they're from the US.

-=-=-=
* and are most likely, IMO

I doubt it would be Nightwish seeing as they lost Tarja as a vocalist and the guys are laying low right now. They havent found a replacement yet. Symphony X would be great as a headlining band but somehow I doubt it. Only cause they already did progpower and after that they have toured the U.S I think a few times. Not to mention Gigantour.

FUCK! dont I wish I knew

As a wrap-up, I thought it was pretty damned amazing that the one band that no-one predicted -- Nevermore -- got the Saturday headlining slot. Thanks, Glenn "man of surprises" Harveston. :)