The Annual Cryptic Roster Clue Post...

I don't think it's the no American band rule. Glenn would know where a band is from in the first place. I think it's the U.S. debut thing. The band probably played a show or two before and Glenn didn't know about it. That's my guess.

SavaRon said:
I don't think it's the no American band rule. Glenn would know where a band is from in the first place. I think it's the U.S. debut thing. The band probably played a show or two before and Glenn didn't know about it. That's my guess.
It seems from Glenn's post that something happened with one of the bands he thought he had. So, he had to go with a different band...at least that's the way I interpret it.

Glenn wrote:
For those following this post, there has been a single, unexpected turn of events. One of the rules that I posted does not apply to the new band that I have signed.

TheWhisper said:
It seems from Glenn's post that something happened with one of the bands he thought he had. So, he had to go with a different band...at least that's the way I interpret it.

Glenn wrote:
Oops! I guess I should have read that more closely.:loco:

hmmmmm... been thinking... ten bands, none of which are based from the U.S., and seven are making their U.S. debuts... could one of those be? Communic*?!

only time will tell I suppose.

:kickass:

*(pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)

I bet the rule doesnt apply because Glenn finally got Eldritch but Powerfest got them too!!!! :headbang: Ok.... Wishful thinking.... But you never know!!!! :)

Dr_Metal said:
I bet the rule doesnt apply because Glenn finally got Eldritch but Powerfest got them too!!!! :headbang: Ok.... Wishful thinking.... But you never know!!!! :)

I'd wish for Biomechanical. John K's mix of gritty and soring melodics and a touch of epic-ness make that band stand out for me. Wait a minute, Biomechanical played in Texas earlier this year (Houston, I think), so PP would actually be their third US date. This is a band on the rise big-time and is riding a major buzz right now. Sounds like PP criteria to me.

General Zod said:
Have to agree. Listening to "Consigned to Oblivion" right now, and it sounds like a poor man's After Forever.

I would love to see After Forever at PP. I would also love to see Floor in my hotel room after the show... but I digress.

afph8.jpg

:worship::worship::worship::worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Zod

Wow, I've not seen one thing interesting on this entire thread until now! :D :loco: :dopey:

Burke said:
Nightwish58/Babs -

FUCKING A RIGHT!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :headbang:

LOL, for a minute I saw my name and Nightwish and thought you were hinting at my being the new singer for them - lol. Trust me, you wouldn't want that! J-Dub once said that my singing prolly sounded like a cork caught underneath a door.

It was a few years that he said that, and it still makes me laugh!

Maybe it could be the Devin Townsend band again? I'd welcome that, especially to hear them do "Bad Devil" again.

Let's see, he's from British Columbia right? So that wouldn't qualify as an American band????

Oh I don't know, the possibilities are endless.

GIVE US ANOTHER HINT GLENN, PLEASE!

General Zod said:
Hard to envision DT being bumped up to a #4 slot, given he wasn't well received the last time he performed. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Zod

On the other hand, Devy's 'made his bones' in the progressive community since then, with his work on Ayreon's The Human Equation (and to a lesser extent, DTB's tour with Symphony X).

I'd regard DTB as an outside possibility at best...and that's a pity.

BABS said:
J-Dub once said that my singing prolly sounded like a cork caught underneath a door.

It was a few years that he said that, and it still makes me laugh!

Sure it wasn't a dog getting hit by a bus? No wait, that was for post-Awake LaBrie stuff when he tried yelping his way through the older material....:Spin:

I'd rather dry shave myself completely hairless with a rusty Spaghetti-O's
can, than hear you attempt to sing ONE note! :D

J-Dubya

Harvester said:
For those following this post, there has been a single, unexpected turn of events. One of the rules that I posted does not apply to the new band that I have signed.

Glenn H.

(No U.S. bands)
Enchant could be in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!