The Annual Cryptic Roster Clue Post...

Dr_Metal said:
Hmmmm....

Debuts:

Alchemist.... Eldritch.... Freak Kitchen.... Green Carnation (They played Canada NOT the US).... Sieges Even.... Wastefall.... Spheric Universe Experience
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returns:

Pagan's Mind.... Threshold or Angel Dust

Non US Debut:

Helloween.... Sonata Arctica.... Grave Digger.... Opeth.... Running Wild (any of these could fit the bill)

Of course I have no F'n clue who will actually be on the roster.... I just know it will be a killer party none the less!!!! \m/

Angel Dust might still be on the shitlist.

Creeps said:
... which in fact all would be Theatre of Tragedy knock-offs :Spin:

Naw.. Aside from the whole male & female singer thing I've never noticed a similar sound. It's like saying Garbage is a knock-off of Blondie because they both have female singers. Theatre of Tragedy always has a nice mix of industrial. They combine my two favourite genres of music. On the other hand, the guitar riffs of both After Forever and Epica are almost the exact same. I guess that can be contributed to Mark Jensen. However, After Forever usually mixes their's up a bit more while it always seemed like orchestration is what gave Epica a different sound from song to song. I also like Tristania which has the same basic setup of female vocals & male grunts but has it's own sound.

I guess my whole thing simply lies in that everyone is so in love with Epica when they sound exactly like After Forever which has a lot better music overall. I don't hate Epica, I just much prefer After Forever any day of the week.

Meanmistreator said:
(No U.S. bands)
Enchant could be in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's one of the same conditions and one of the bands that I'm hoping, though not expecting, could be signed for PPVII! The others are Redemption and Symphony X as well!

I guess my whole thing simply lies in that everyone is so in love with Epica when they sound exactly like After Forever which has a lot better music overall. I don't hate Epica, I just much prefer After Forever any day of the week.
Hmm, I don't think they sound alike at all. Similar style but different sound.

Wow, Glenn has been amazinly quiet, the past few days. I wonder just what he is up too??? Is he planning a big Christmas surprize for us. Most likely he is just to involved with his own family plans, but still i wonder what he has working in his mind.

The signed band's rule breaking excluded, there are no repeat headliners. Slots haven't always determined status in past ProgPowers. Bands that Glenn considered to be the headliners have played the #4 slot. The PP History page displayes the bands by ranking. Nightwish was the overall headliner of PPIV. Gamma Ray was the second headliner for PPIII, and Blind Guardian the overall headliner. By the history rankings it seems unlikely that Gamma Ray can be bumped up.
Guess I'd better make plans for Jaxx or BB Kings.

There is 1 slot open for a non-returning non-US debut, so Helloween can play. That may have already been pointed out. If so I missed the post.

Glenn stated that the reaction to Evergrey's signing session (to the detriment of Rage) cemented their future headline status.

Glenn seems to get a project associated with the previous year to play the next PP. CIIC->WMD. Brainstorm->Symphorce. Kamelot->Conception. DC Cooper at PPVI, coupled with a new release and Glenn's reaction to Worlds Apart make Silent Force a strong contender.

Pagan's mind fits the bill on many levels, but Mercinary was an oddball.

After looking at all the possibilities, and the clues and all the guess and wishes and then talking to my inner self i have come to the ultimate decision of who is in the PPVII line-up..........I DON"T HAVE A FU*KING CLUE.

But here is my latest attempt at guessing

PYRAMAZE
GAMMA RAY
EVERGRAY
FREAK KITCHEN
LANFEAR
SAVAGE CIRCUS
NOCTURNAL RITES
THUNDERSTONE
CLOUDSCAPE
TAROT or PANTOMMIND

Pyramaze51 said:
After looking at all the possibilities, and the clues and all the guess and wishes and then talking to my inner self i have come to the ultimate decision of who is in the PPVII line-up..........I DON"T HAVE A FU*KING CLUE.

PYRAMAZE
GAMMA RAY
EVERGRAY
FREAK KITCHEN
LANFEAR
SAVAGE CIRCUS
NOCTURNAL RITES
THUNDERSTONE
CLOUDSCAPE
TAROT or PANTOMMIND

Tarot, Nocturnal Rites, Lanfear and Pyramaze would be fuckin' dope yo!

Tarot and Nocturnal Rites alone would make me one happy MC.

Zilla

Pyramaze51 said:

PYRAMAZE
GAMMA RAY
EVERGRAY
FREAK KITCHEN
LANFEAR
SAVAGE CIRCUS
NOCTURNAL RITES
THUNDERSTONE
CLOUDSCAPE
TAROT or PANTOMMIND

Hey P51, heard any new CDs lately? ;)

No thanks to Mother Nature, I was born with an overabundance of left nuts. Sadly, though, I am without a single right nut. As for you, Langkowski, a hearty "fuck you" back, but only because I like 'em big. Merry Christmas, buddy!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

PowerFreak said:
Tarot, Nocturnal Rites, Lanfear and Pyramaze would be fuckin' dope yo!

Zilla

I'd be up for that as well! I'm liking the fact that people are mentioning Freak Kitchen a lot more in their predictions. I hope it happens. I think they would be a cool semi-oddball band at this fest, and extremely entertaining, no matter what label anyone tries to stick on them...

J-Dubya

p.s. I'm free from Coram.... :Spin:

Yea, me too, but Tarot is highly unlikly. :cry: Too bad, Suffer Our Pleasure is a current fav. in the rotation. The band starting their next cd after the holidays. Hope they continue in that mode.

AMBR said:
Yea, me too, but Tarot is highly unlikly. :cry: Too bad, Suffer Our Pleasure is a current fav. in the rotation. The band starting their next cd after the holidays. Hope they continue in that mode.
Yeah i am crying also, they (NIGHTWISH) will be rehearsing and doing other things about the time of PPVII, so MARCO and the rest of NIGHTWISH will not be available(per my sources), something about a studio by a lake with sauna and nature, and no distractions.

General Zod said:
I'd be very into seeing Biomechanical. However, I'm guessing that they're not the type of band who plays out a great deal, and I'd be very surprised if they're capable of pulling off their music live. I fear it would come across as just a wall of sound.

Zod

I agree. We saw that already with "Spiral Architect." As far as personal taste I don't compare the two because I dig Biomechanical and don't "get" SA, but SA sounded like several guys on stage all playing different songs. In a live setting, I don't know if Bio will be much different.

Bryant

I can't begin to guess who the 7 US debuts are. Too many to try and think of. However.... as far as the returners, I am hoping Pagans Mind and Vanden Plas. Vanden Plas is not very likely though because they haven't released anything since before their last PP show. Their next release is due very soon though..... I am thinking maybe Pagans Mind and either Evergrey or Mercenary.

Bryant