The annual roster clue (PP USA IX):

Im all for Jag Panzer, Therion, Symphony X, or Brainstorm. All four great bands I'd like for either of them to return as one of the two returning bands.

I would love to see Morgana Lefay come to PPUSA.

I'd also enjoy seeing Andromeda, Elvenking, Machine Men, Mindflow, Spheric Universe Experience, Magistral, Falconer and/or Heimdall.

Halcyon Way for Showcase opener! :kickass:
WarMachine somewhere in the Showcase too.

Riverside played NearFest in PA; I think it was last year. So that means Amorphis or Nocturnal Rites have to come off your list. :)

I was wrong on two bands .. Riverside, and Amorphis. Riverside has played the US on a one-off, and Amorphis has toured the US a few times in the past. I remembered Amorphis touring here a few years back, but I read somewhere that it was their first US tour in 6 years. That means they've been here a few times, and probably disqualifies them from IX. Too bad .. definately one of my favorite bands these days.

Britt

I still love Pain of Salvation and I'd still love to see them back if Daniel'd change his mind. The only time I saw them was at their previous PP performance; they'd have my mind made up in a second.

Also, add me to the Jag Panzer & Nocturnal Rites hopefuls list. Would also like to see OSI if they could get that coordinated.

Savatage would be sweet as the returner. So would Kamelot, Pain of Salvation (I know, I know), or Orphaned Land.

technically Savatage has never played at PP, remember they went by Weapons of Mass Destruction.

debuts...
Spheric Universe Experience (i beg you!)
Andromeda (would be waaay cool!)
Hubi Meisel (again with the begging!)

2 with past U.S. shows...
MindFlow (*fingers crossed*)
Riverside

Returning...
GAMMA RAY (please!!!)
Brainstorm

Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer Falconer?

I'm obviously praying quite hard that one of those bands is Falconer.

Here are my thoughts, but my plan is flowed beacuse I don't think there are enough openers here/maybe people think certain bands should be higher. I'm not a fan of all of these bands, but was thinking in terms of prog-power mix and Glen's taste.
Debut:
Pretty Maids - headliners
Labyrinth or DGM - 2nd/3rd spot
Vanishing Point - 2nd/3rd spot
Astral Doors - 2nd spot, the Intromental band for this year
Serenity - opener
Machine men - opener

Been to US, not at PP:
Within temptation - finally this year, continuing the trend of at least one female band (4th)
Amorphis - sort of re-ignited their career (3rd)

Returns
I think Circus Maximus is a lock (2nd/3rd spot). But potentially Brainstorm (4th spot) since they'll have a new album
And since Glen has been doing some pretty creative things (like the Jam), I predict for the 2nd returnee, he gets AVANTASIA show as headliners. They're gonna tour and headline Wacken, Glen call pull this off in the States

Of course all of this IMHO for fun and games.