The Steak Thread

For the record, mine is not a marinade. Mine is liquid based seasoning. A marinade is something you leave meat in for an extended period of time.

ha ha

It's been raining/snowing every day since the day I planned on steak grilling (thanksgiving), so it's ruining my fun. I'm also on the hunt for some fresh steak, I don't want to sink to the level of grocery meat unless I have to.

Yes, but even that is hard to come by. I went to Tom Thumb and they have a butcher, but the fresh cut steak selection was lacking.

There's a big messycan meat market, but I dunno about that........ from searching online I found a butcher shop in Plano which is seems all the locals head to, but that's a bit too far for my liking.

I told my mom to stock up on freshly butchered steaks for my arrival at christmas!

ha ha

It's been raining/snowing every day since the day I planned on steak grilling (thanksgiving), so it's ruining my fun. I'm also on the hunt for some fresh steak, I don't want to sink to the level of grocery meat unless I have to.

I would expect TX, the state of meat lovin' to have plenty of
butchers, no?
If not... Whole Foods I know, have fresh meat.

How far is Fort Worth?
Cawa- I heard TX is one of the best states for meat actually.
Can't wait to try that one day.
I'll let Derick do all the research though, and when I'll come for a visit, he'll be a pro :p

Fort Worth is about a 40 minute drive west. I'm sure that Texas as a whole has lots and lots of good fresh meat. Just, not so much in really urban areas such as this.

"That way?" Butchers that prepare their own meat are gay according to Dallas?

no, that's not what i meant. i just meant that dallas isn't really "texas" according to the common image of texas.

dallas itself is too metrosexual to call anything gay. still a fun city though.

Yeah, pfft Dallas isn't very "texas"

If they want steaks there, they go to their classy upscale steakhouse, like Morton's Salt House

my little brother shot a deer/buck the other day and has spent like 2 entire days cutting up and preparing meat in various ways. he cooks deer steaks and they're ridiculously delicious. like ... fillet minion but better, seriously. he makes deer balogna, too, and that's actually pretty good.