FOLLOW THE REAPER thread

Follow the Reaper was my first Cob album and still remains my favorite. From the opening quote of the title track to the fade out at the end of "Kissing the Shadow", it's metal perfection. All the members are at their best: Alexi's growl sounds smooth and consistent and his guitar playing is top-notch (especially on "Kissing the Shadow"'s dueling solo with Janne :headbang:), Alex Kuoppala's rhythm guitar adds that extra chunkiness to the overall guitaring, Henkka Seppala's bass playing (when you can hear it) is full of buzzing and provides some subtle undertones, Janne's keyboarding is amazing and the ambience adds a nice feel to all the songs, and Jaska Raatikainen's drumming is driving and keeps it all together. Argue with me if you will, but this album is a step above the rest of their albums.

10/10

ftr and hatecrew deathroll are the most fucking upbeat awesome shit iv ever heard form a heavy metal band and let me tell you cob are the only band i like with screaming next to acidbath i hate everything else with screams its just like cob are the 1 out of amillion bands to pull that shit off and make it sound good lol

If you want to make FtR sound somewhat the way it should, if it's possible adjust the music tone a step lower so it sounds heavier, it's pretty cool, especially with the first 5 songs.

Heckenscheutze said:
Hatebreeder is my favorite album but Follow the Reaper is second. Evertime I Die was the first Bodom song I ever heard and it is still my favorite.
same, except something wild comes in a close second, actually they are equally favorites. and actually, I agree with the bringer, what the hell am I still doing here?

fuck THAT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bestbreeder owns them all!!!

Well, usually a "Best Of" album would contain the "Best" material... however, sometimes the most obscure song that didn't hit the charts are more heartfelt.
Ren, I wore Children of Decadence into the ground at first, and got tired of it too, but now that I don't listen to it all that often, when I hear it I still love it.

Hollywould6 said:
Ren, I wore Children of Decadence into the ground at first, and got tired of it too, but now that I don't listen to it all that often, when I hear it I still love it.
Well, ofcourse if you come back to something you got tired of, it will still be good, like that song. But I'm really tired of Every Time I Die, I'll have to wait a long time before I should hear it again, maybe I'll like it again then.

Ren said:
Well, ofcourse if you come back to something you got tired of, it will still be good, like that song. But I'm really tired of Every Time I Die, I'll have to wait a long time before I should hear it again, maybe I'll like it again then.

No doubt. :kickass: