FOLLOW THE REAPER thread

imisseverygood showbecauseiam5 said:
its got one good part deep in it

Well yeah but in my logic that does not make a good song yet. That's just an easy way to put up a filler song. You invent one nice tune there and add something around that makes for a song. If you thought like that, then even In the Shadows would be a good song as well as.. many others..

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Thinking about the composions, maybe yes by a hair, overall, but they are also the lowpoint in terms of sound production.

I like the production in those albums, it gives them a certain authenticity. AYDY had very loud and chugging production and it took me a bit to get used to it. SW through FTR sound very power metal-ish in terms of guitar work and keyboarding. HCDR and AYDY sound more avant-garde. And Alexi's screaming in the originals sounds more skillful.

And Children of Bodom is NOT MELODIC DEATH METAL!! They are "extreme power metal".

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Never saw what was special about that song. The melody is nice, but the rest..
Not me either..but I just fucking love that riff that is really melodic..it start at 1:04 ..same with Follow the Reaper..I love the melodic part..(and rest of the song ofcourse)

Fuck you, follow the reap0r sucks!
Are you dead yet is teh best, I'ts so new wave techno, COB have found their style!

I'm gonna listen to my Limp Bizkit records, the second best after AYDY!!!

Rock on u guys!!! :headbang:

Authentic Metalhead said:
Amen, brotha, amen. Compared to the likes of Blind Guardian, Limp Bizkit is like, their decomposed shit. Dog shit, mind you, because normal shit fertilizes grass while dog shit kills it. So there you have it.

BLIND GUARDIAN RULEZ!!!!!11 :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Blind guardian is good yeah....but power metal's not my best style....to me demon and wizard is better:p....anyway

I'm not a big fan of Jon Schaffer's riffing style, so Demons & Wizards and Iced Earth aren't my first choices for power metal, but hey, I still own albums from them, so whatever. When it comes to power metal, I like anything epic, i.e. Stratovarius, Dragonforce, Hammerfall, Nightwish (though they're more opera metal...), and, oh yeah, CHILDREN OF BODOM! <--- not death metal!

I'm not a big fan of Jon Schaffer's riffing style, so Demons & Wizards and Iced Earth aren't my first choices for power metal, but hey, I still own albums from them, so whatever. When it comes to power metal, I like anything epic, i.e. Stratovarius, Dragonforce, Hammerfall, Nightwish (though they're more opera metal...), and, oh yeah, CHILDREN OF BODOM! <--- not death metal!
yeah nightwish is pretty good....hammerfall still my best power metal....

I hate people that say Hammerfall is an Iron Maiden ripoff. If you look at it like that, then EVERY band like that is an Iron Maiden ripoff. If anything, I'd say they were a Manowar ripoff. But I'm not like that. I love all metal and approach it all with an open mind.
yeah me too all metal is good metal to me....for sure some group suck balls but there is bad band in everty style so.....

Name some. I'll be sure to steer clear of them, because there are so many I have not yet discovered.
....As I lay dying...atreyu...moonsorrow....rhapsody...imperanon....dark moor....dead to fall.....trivium.....
enought?!?