Iron Maiden US tour announcement coming soon

Remember what venue Maiden is playing in Chicago. Tweeter or whatever the fuck they call it now. Probably my least favorite venue next to the Allstate. For Chicago being such a big market, they certainly have awful arenas and ampitheaters, minus United Center (but there are hardly ever any concerts there). I really wish they would've gotten to play at Alpine. That's a much better venue.

I complete agree that the World sucks. That's actually the reason I did not get tickets for this show even though Maiden is one of my all time favorite bands (but really, is Maiden not on EVERYONE'S favorite band list). If this was at the Alpine, I would have gotten tickets right away. I don't mind the Allstate though. I thought the last time they played there it was fine. What don't you like about it? Even though they have sold out MSG, do you think they could sell out the United Center? I don't know?? They have a decent following in Chicago but I don't know if it's that big. I can't remember, did that show last summer sell out? I think the Allstate would have been the better choice for this tour.

I complete agree that the World sucks. That's actually the reason I did not get tickets for this show even though Maiden is one of my all time favorite bands (but really, is Maiden not on EVERYONE'S favorite band list). If this was at the Alpine, I would have gotten tickets right away. I don't mind the Allstate though. I thought the last time they played there it was fine. What don't you like about it? Even though they have sold out MSG, do you think they could sell out the United Center? I don't know?? They have a decent following in Chicago but I don't know if it's that big. I can't remember, did that show last summer sell out? I think the Allstate would have been the better choice for this tour.

As much as I hate the sound at Tinley, I HATE the sound at the Allstate even more. The sound bounces around everywhere there. I didn't mind Maiden when they were there that time but that was because I was close, which truthfully will probably be the same thing here. The main problem though even though I was somewhat close is that with the Allstate you have to do that runaround and find the exact place where the wristbands are to get in the pit. That was such a pain in the ass.

Basically, I'm looking for my first Maiden live performance to be like a religious experience for me! That might be stretching it a bit, but I'm so pumped about finally getting to see these guys! Maiden is the one band that I can think of that hasn't really lost any of their chemistry or for lack of a better word, "mojo". :)

~Brian~

Where are your tickets?

I'll be at this show too, I plan on getting there sometime in the morning to wait in line, since i have GA pit tickets.

I haven't received them yet and my receipt is at home, so I can't remember. When they come through the mail, I'll let you know. I tried to get the best seat possible, since I'm driving 6 hours to see the show!

~Brian~

If Setlist.fm is to be believed, this is the Iron Maiden setlist for the 2010 tour. I would have liked to see 1 or 2 more older songs in the set. Looking forward to the show in July. :headbang:

1.The Wicker Man
2.Ghost Of The Navigator
3.Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4.El Dorado
5.Paschendale
6.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7.These Colours Don't Run
8.Blood Brothers
9.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.The Number of the Beast
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

This was the Dream Theater setlist for the first night. I'm curious to see if they change it up or if it will stay the same for the tour.

1.As I Am
2.A Rite Of Passage
3.Home
4.Constant Motion
5.A Nightmare To Remember
6.Pull Me Under

If Setlist.fm is to be believed, this is the Iron Maiden setlist for the 2010 tour. I would have liked to see 1 or 2 more older songs in the set. Looking forward to the show in July. :headbang:

1.The Wicker Man
2.Ghost Of The Navigator
3.Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4.El Dorado
5.Paschendale
6.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
7.These Colours Don't Run
8.Blood Brothers
9.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

This was the Dream Theater setlist for the first night. I'm curious to see if they change it up or if it will stay the same for the tour.

1.As I Am
2.A Rite Of Passage
3.Home
4.Constant Motion
6.Pull Me Under

Wow. I like AMOLAD but that's way too many recent songs. It makes me even more thankful that I saw the Somewhere Back in Time tour as once again, they aren't playing shit from Powerslave. I'll still enjoy it but yeah, I think a lot of fans are going to be a bit disappointed with that set list.

Dream Theater on the other hand I'm sure they'll switch up every show. Some might stay the same such as "A Rite of Passage" and "A Nightmare to Remember" (since those are songs off the new album) but the rest, even "Pull Me Under" will probably get switched in and out. Just as I thought though that they'd get about 60 minutes, so that's at least good.

You might want to add a spoiler warning, a lot of people like to be surprised about the set when going to a concert.

And yes, I'm going to comment on the set, so...spoilers ahead...

The choices from BNW are a little too predictable for my taste...I love "Wicker Man" and "Ghost of the Navigator", but why not play "Out of the Silent Planet" or "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate"? I'm super stoked about Paschendale, and can't really complain about the other DOD choices. On AMOLAD, I'd take out "Benjamin Breeg" and put in "The Longest Day" (and also trade "Colours" for "For The Greater Good of God", but I know they're not gonna play ALL long songs), but "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns" is great. On the classic material, the only one I didn't predict was "Running Free", I figured that would be "Run to the Hills".

Sure, I'd make changes to the setlist, but I know I'll be going nuts when they hit the stage on the 19th and the song choices aren't going to detract from that. I still hope they do one tour of more adventurous song choices before they call it a career, but if they tour for another decade doing nothing but safe and predictable setlists, I'll continue seeing them as much as possible.

1.As I Am
2.A Rite Of Passage
3.Home
4.Constant Motion
6.Pull Me Under

DT plans on playing the same setlist for this tour. A 1st ever if they decide to stick with that.

DT plans on playing the same setlist for this tour. A 1st ever if they decide to stick with that.

Not true. When they opened up for YES in 2004 they played the same set every night. And that leads good credence that they may do the same this time around being an opener again.

Looks like Maiden swapped out Brighter Than A Thousand Suns for Wrathchild, and Paschendale for Dance of Death at the Houston show last night 6/11.

01.The Wicker Man
02.Ghost Of The Navigator
03.Wrathchild
04.El Dorado
05.Dance Of Death
06.The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07.These Colours Don't Run
08.Blood Brothers
09.Wildest Dreams
10.No More Lies
11.Brave New World
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
15.Hallowed Be Thy Name
16.Running Free

And from what I read, the Dream Theater setlist was the same as the first night.

According to...?

Portnoy. Although l can't find the link where he stated.

Hey, just cause people don't copy every bit of information off Blabbermouth, doesn't mean they're lying. :lol:

ouch :lol::lol::lol:

Not true. When they opened up for YES in 2004 they played the same set every night. And that leads good credence that they may do the same this time around being an opener again.

Well, yeah. Same set except for last show they added Metropolis Pt 1 as an encore. ;)

Darn, I was hoping DT would do their cover of "To Tame A Land". I also guess it was too much to hope for "The Count Of Tuscany" from an opening slot.