Lightning has struck twice...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
A band that currently has no record label (and only released one disc on a very small label previously) has sent me their new album. It has kicked my ass like nothing else has in a while. I have listened to this disc non-stop for three days now.

Band #1 for ProgPower USA VIII has been confirmed as of today. I'm sure that 95% of the people on this forum are going to say "who?"

Glenn

P.S. The last time something similar to this happened, things turned out ok I believe... *cough*CircusMaximus*cough.

Sweet. Can't wait till you let us know who.

Though I have to say this really screws up the company pool on ProgPower selections (not that it really exists... or does it?)

How do you work sponsorship for a band like that...?

I hope they find a good label.

Can you tell us what continent they come from?

Pyramaze51 said:
Could it be Giai Epicus???? Or maybe..........who knows.
Who knows ..... I'll go with Suspyre. I think they meet the criteria that Glenn mentioned above. Their album from last year .. The Silvery Image .. was well received, and they have a new one (A Great Divide) which has just been completed.

Britt

Harvester said:
Band #1 for ProgPower USA VIII has been confirmed as of today. I'm sure that 95% of the people on this forum are going to say "who?"

I'm not gonna ask who, but is it band "#1" as in "the first band that will play", or as in "first band confirmed" ? :loco:

longshot9 said:
oh god i hope it's not Gaia Epicus....

Seconded.

Aww snaps!! You confirmed WILLIAM HUNG!!!
hung.jpg

Hey guys i was just joking with the Giai Epicus, i don't really like them either now Suspyre i could really go for. Or maybe its some band from Europe like maybe DIVERCIA or maybe even NIGHTSCAPE who knows. All i know is if it's as Glenn says "cough Circus Maximus cough" then i will be happy.

Whoa the Mighty Hype!!! Damn and we can't even know until next year!!!! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz!! LOL

Harvester said:
A band that currently has no record label (and only released one disc on a very small label previously) has sent me their new album. It has kicked my ass like nothing else has in a while. I have listened to this disc non-stop for three days now.

Glenn

P.S. The last time something similar to this happened, things turned out ok I believe... *cough*CircusMaximus*cough.

Glenn, it's too early for you to get my curosity up at this point. :) It's not even Halloween yet! This last festival wore me out for some reason, so I don't even want to think about next year yet. It was a lot of work for me to even get down to Atlanta this year, so I think that has alot to do with my attitude at this point in the game.

After listening to Suspyre on myspace. I just don't know. Sure I like them a lot. But does it have that "it has kicked my ass like nothing else has in a while. I have listened to this disc non-stop for three days no" factor? Not sure. I'd have to listen to their CD...

95% of people on this forum wouldn't ask "Who?" if it were Suspyre. They've had buzz here, and songs on the last 2 ProgPower samplers.

Harvester said:

Glenn

And with those words the mischevious puppetmaster sat back, propped his feet up - put on some Jimmy Buffet and laughed at the flurries of tormented speculation that he hath wrought with this posting :)

Can't wait to see who this turns out to be - even it it is a "who?" for me - chances are they'll kick some ass and make a fan outta me at the festival. Octobr 5th....how soon until the first bands are announced? Aaaahhhhhhh

jeff

Magius said:
95% of people on this forum wouldn't ask "Who?" if it were Suspyre. They've had buzz here, and songs on the last 2 ProgPower samplers.
"Buzz"? I disagree. Just because they're mentioned now and again doesn't equate to "buzz". There's been one thread on them this year (where they're the subject of the thread). Most people don't pay to attention to every thread.

In addition, you need to consider the clues:

A band that currently has no record label (and only released one disc on a very small label previously) has sent me their new album.

Suspyre has one release, on a small label, with a second in the can waiting for release. They're also touring with Zero Hour, so it's more than likely that Glenn is familiar with them. In addition, they fit ProgPower flawlessly. A perfect balance of Prog and Power. Lastly, they're from NJ. Which mean Glenn doesn't even have to pay for plane tickets, much less international plane tickets.

Does that mean it's definitely them? No. Is it most likely? That's where I'd put my money.

Zod