Lightning has struck twice...

I keep thinking of Lightning Strikes Twice by Iron Maiden and it makes me sad because that song is awful.

I'm going to lay it on the line for this band and this album because I believe that strongly in it. I believe that the publicity generated from this forum based on their confirmation and the public getting to hear a full song (plus two more clips) will help the band get not only a record deal, but a good record deal.

This is a highly unusual situation for me. I don't even have the date of the festival nor am I looking at confirming any other bands at present. Fate has a funky way of working out though...

Look for some news later today or tomorrow.

Glenn

Petethedrummer said:
I've got to disagree. Glenn said that the band's first album was released on a really small label, but I'm fairly sure The Silvery Image was self-released, with no help from any labels. Also, Glenn said this band hasn't begun shopping around for labels yet for their next release, and I'm fairly confident that Suspyre should have by now. And lots of people have heard of them.
Good point on the "label" thing. I thought I had seen a small label name attached to The Silvery Image somewhere on the net, but in rechecking it looks like a true independant release. That would seem to eliminate them, as long as Glenn's clues are accurate to begin with.

Britt

Harvester said:
I'm going to lay it on the line for this band and this album because I believe that strongly in it. I believe that the publicity generated from this forum based on their confirmation and the public getting to hear a full song (plus two more clips) will help the band get not only a record deal, but a good record deal.

This is a highly unusual situation for me. I don't even have the date of the festival nor am I looking at confirming any other bands at present. Fate has a funky way of working out though...

Glenn

I don't doubt it Glenn.

Any label knows that a good performance at ProgPower = several hundred CDs purchased at the venue. Nonetheless the exposure from being on the billing.. which equals several hundred to thousands (if they are -that- good) more CD sales.

DrumRman said:
Yuck. TRANSCENDENTAL? The drum production on that CD is beyond terrible!

Whatever dude, you also said Edu Falaschi's solo album has a poor production.... lol

Anyways, I'm looking forward to "Today's or Tomorrow's" news.

Palabra de Dios said:
If the band is good enough for Glenn to take this big of a risk, then consider my interest severely piqued.

No kidding! I got a message from dcowboys11 about it and about fell out of my chair. Holy crap! :OMG: I can't wait to see what band it is - I just may buy the CD right away.

3DimensionalAperture said:
Why do I have a feeling that it's Bloodbound?

Wow I hadn't actually thought of that...did they replace Urban yet though??

edit: just checked their website, apparently their new sing is s Swede named Kristian Andren...anyone ever hear him before? I'm really interested in hearing their new stuff.

Yes they replaced Urban with Kristian Andrén.

As of early September:

At the moment the band is working hard on the writing and recording of the forthcoming second album, which will be released in January 2007. Some of the new titles includes: 'Book of the Dead', 'Vampires', 'Into Eternity', 'Turn To Stone' and 'The Tempter'.

Not to derail the thread or anything, I think It would be cool to see Bloodbound perform at PPUSA mystery band or not.

As for the "Lightning Strikes Twice" bit. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the band, but more or less the fact that Glenn "discovered" two bands. Circus Maximus and now this band.

Harvester said:

Glenn

Well, the good news is taht at least ONE of the bands will probably be announced before January - and while I will be excited to see who this band is - it does make me wonder what the effect onthe rest of the announcements will be.

Will the annual cryptic email be harder that learning japanese? Will there now be a seperate cryptic email for each band? Will the first one to guess thw band referred to in the crypic email win a prize lol.

So much for Glenn's R&R period. Instead of wasting away again in Margaritaville he's walredy back at work. If he keeps this up - next thing you know he'll be having tons of plastic surgery and taking over the Metal world. That wouldnt worry me at all - but if I ever see Ozzy step in dogcrap and yelling "GGGGGLLLLLEEEEENNNNNNNNNN" - I am gonna have a heart attack :)

jeff

Matt Crooks said:
Yeah - He was the singer in Tad Morose before Urban.

...as well as being in Wuthering Heights before Nils... in Memento Mori before and after Messiah... and in Fifth Reason before... erm... they broke up. :) He was also in a pretty decent melodeath band for a while, but I can't remember the name of it, and I don't think they ever released anything.