Lightning has struck twice...

zedowns said:
Oh lord. Brazil?

Thessera or Mindflow pleaaaseee!

Mindflow doesnt fit the description, but I believe Thessera does. I really dug there debut, but wasnt hot on the production.

I have a few ideas if it is indeed a Brazilian band, but I'll keep my opinions of those bands to myself.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE let it be one of the two afore mentioned either MINDFLOW or THESSERA.

AngraRULES said:
And the new Imago Mortis is absolutely excellent!

Yuck. TRANSCENDENTAL? The drum production on that CD is beyond terrible!

As for those who keep mentioning Mindflow, I really cant see how they fit the description. From what I make of the initial post is that the band sent Glenn a new CD that hasnt been "distributed" yet (maybe I'm wrong). Mindflow has 2 CD's already out, and besides they have been talked about on several forums I visit. Not really a case of a not known band IMO.

Harvester said:
The cd that I have has not even been heard by record labels yet.

Thats exactly what I figured. That the one CD they *do* have out is on a relatively unknown label, while the 2nd CD isnt even out anywhere for the ANYONE (for the most part) to hear.

Good job peekin interest thats for sure. Im real curious as to who this can be myself. Look forward to finding out down the road! :headbang:

DrumRman said:
Thats exactly what I figured. That the one CD they *do* have out is on a relatively unknown label, while the 2nd CD isnt even out anywhere for the ANYONE (for the most part) to hear.

Good job peekin interest thats for sure. Im real curious as to who this can be myself. Look forward to finding out down the road! :headbang:
I'm sticking with Suspyre.

1)unsigned band, with one full length release .... The Silvery Image

2)a new disc which is complete, but no release date or label has been aquired yet.

3)a band that would fit the Prog Power theme real well ... kind of similar in sound to Symphony X.

It's quite possible that more than 5 percent of the folks on this board have heard of them, so that' my one reservation .... otherwise they fit the criteria real well.

Britt

Did Glenn ever decide on the timing for announcing the bands this year? Meaning, all at the same time, individually, just whenever they are confirmed etc. etc.?

livingwithwolves said:
It's Ace Frehley. He finally finnished his "new" studio album and is shopping it around. Good choice glenn!

Yeah, but he has MANY solo albums, some on a major label.
Though if he was booked, all of a sudden you all would become KISS fanboys and put more money in Gene and Paul's pockets, and you don't want that happening now, do ya?

Speculation already for next year's fest? A bit too soon for such a tease, Glenn.

Someone mentioned Voyager. If it happens to be them, I'd need a change of pantaloons. That being said, I don't think it's Voyager. Me pantaloons be safe.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Hahahahahahaahah! Wait till the cryptic clues post goes out......
Better put your helmet on for that one! :lol:

:headbang: Glenn's traditional, statutory 'Cryptic Clues' post is great! :headbang:

I'd have agreed with the Suspyre comments here, but......yeah. Wayyy more than 5% of the people here know who they are.....or at least, wouldn't be inclined to say "Who?" Heck, they're on this year's sampler, which I'd think would rule them out of the "95% unknown" category.

Clearly, therefore, it must be Payne's Grey!* :lol:

=-=-=-=-=-=-
* although I'd settle for Colleen Grey, fronting some band from fuckin' Finland.....

DarkTide said:
I'm sticking with Suspyre.

1)unsigned band, with one full length release .... The Silvery Image

2)a new disc which is complete, but no release date or label has been aquired yet.

3)a band that would fit the Prog Power theme real well ... kind of similar in sound to Symphony X.

It's quite possible that more than 5 percent of the folks on this board have heard of them, so that' my one reservation .... otherwise they fit the criteria real well.

Britt

I've got to disagree. Glenn said that the band's first album was released on a really small label, but I'm fairly sure The Silvery Image was self-released, with no help from any labels. Also, Glenn said this band hasn't begun shopping around for labels yet for their next release, and I'm fairly confident that Suspyre should have by now. And lots of people have heard of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the band. I'd love to see them play (even though I've heard from several sources that they're wayyyyy too cocky). But they just don't really seem to fit with the clues. Regardless, their music has severely kicked my ass, and I'm a big fan, so even though I don't think they're band #1 that Glenn has secured for the show, I'm hoping theyre next on his list. :headbang:

Petethedrummer said:
I've got to disagree. Glenn said that the band's first album was released on a really small label, but I'm fairly sure The Silvery Image was self-released, with no help from any labels. Also, Glenn said this band hasn't begun shopping around for labels yet for their next release, and I'm fairly confident that Suspyre should have by now.
Correct on two counts.

Petethedrummer said:
Now don't get me wrong, I love the band. I'd love to see them play (even though I've heard from several sources that they're wayyyyy too cocky). But they just don't really seem to fit with the clues. Regardless, their music has severely kicked my ass, and I'm a big fan, so even though I don't think they're band #1 that Glenn has secured for the show, I'm hoping theyre next on his list. :headbang:
HUH?!!!! Cocky? I don't know who you heard THAT from but that's the furthest description from the truth I could EVER imagine. They have always been almost TOO reserved.

AMBR said:
Correct on two counts.

HUH?!!!! Cocky? I don't know who you heard THAT from but that's the furthest description from the truth I could EVER imagine. They have always been almost TOO reserved.

I keep my sources secret, haha.

And I can't say I agree with what I heard...at least as far as talking to them online, theyve seemed pretty humble about being awesome...but I figured it was worth mentioning since it seemed to fit in with what someone said earlier about them giving him 'attitude' on Myspace.

I mean either way, they rock. And I hope I see them there.

So Glenn, get on that.