The next two are....

I really think this line up kicks majors amounts of ass... Orphaned Land, Stratovarius, Pink Cream 69.. Holy FUCK, now just add Masterplan and Angra or a Conception Reunion... *dreaming*

For those that don't know Orphaned Land, I can say I'm a very good friend of their singer, Kobi Fahri, and you guys should check them out before you start making assumptions... The band isn't only extremely talented, but they're also trying to pass a real beautiful message with their music... I suggest you check their stuff and their ideas and I'm sure a lot of people will understand and appreciate their music! =)

So I guess 'bitchin' refers to anyone having the opinion that isn't the best lineup for a PP yet?

I guess any post that doesn't say "OMG! AMAZING" is classified as 'bitching' too.

Remembers, forums are a place of OPINIONS, and not BLIND EYED FANBOYISM. And the fact that we're saying PP3 is better doesn't mean we're insulting Glenn...PP3 was just simply an amazing amazing 2 days. To me, it was my first ProgPower, and some of my favorite bands. Of course that's going to be hard to top...

FatesFan said:
Glen,

In a much earlier post you had mentioned a list of teasers for the line up. One of the slots you said you had lined up and you were F'n stoked. Have you announced that band yet? And if so, which one is it?

I have not and it will be the last one I announce.

Glenn H.

Nightmare1z said:
Remembers, forums are a place of OPINIONS, and not BLIND EYED FANBOYISM. ..

I don't mind band selection complaints at all. However, do keep in mind that this is a "private" forum that I maintain and pay for. You are a guest in my house and I ask that everyone show a proper amount of respect and manners while bitching. :Smug:

(that isn't directed at you, just how I feel about this place).

Glenn H.

So it's fine to bitch.....just have blind eyed fanboyism for Glenn....^_^

This topic is going in pretty much the same direction as the last announcement.

Of course! And even though I'm really excited about bands like Stratovarius and Therion and unsure on the other bands, that means in no way I'm not looking forward to PP! PP4 I only knew about 3 of the bands really, yet by the time it came I knew most of them and some of them were great finds (Mercenary, Secret Sphere, etc) That's part of the reason I like ProgPower so much is that it takes something special to get invited to a ProgPower...and so it allows me to hear bands that I haven't heard of yet. If you look at my CD collection, you can clearly see the ProgPower influence on my buying habits...:)

I think one of the big reasons I was attracted the this festival in the first place was reading about the venue. Sounds extremely nice, especially compared with the smokey bars that I've been to concerts in. I also like the fact that I've read it has good seating as well as standing space, so no dying after standing up for four hours, that always ruins a concert.

very very very very very very very very good pickup with Orphaned Land Glenn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Spin:

For those that need ONE Orphaned Land cd, you MUST get Mabool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship: :headbang: :hotjump:

First, you introduce me to 2 new bands in Manticora and circus maximus and now this!!!! If riverside gets selected, I seriously have some thinking I must do!!:cool:

So far, I'm stoked about three bands, disappointed with two, and have no clue what one sounds like. I still find the ratio favorable, and I'm sure that whoever gets announced within the next two weeks will reassure me that my blind gold badge purchase is worth it every year. Kudos on Pink Cream 69, Glenn!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Well I like all the bands he's gotten prior to today, Circus Maximus sounds good and I'll either pick up the album prior or at PP depending on their performance. Therion I've liked since they went all opera-like, I can't really get into their early stuff and it's not cos of the harsh vocals at all. Stratovarius I like, Manticora I've been listening to since PPIII.

So I hear some PC69 samples today. I'm hooked, love it.

Just started listening to Orphaned Land's song off the site.. dam good.

Which forces me to ask, who's considered the oddball this year? Orphaned Land or Therion? Or is it still to come?

Creeps said:
Which forces me to ask, who's considered the oddball this year? Orphaned Land or Therion? Or is it still to come?

Hmm good question...I think Orphaned Land is more "odd" than Therion though. Take away the death metal roots of Therion and you have the ever so popular "symphonic gothic" sound that bands like After Forever, Within Temptation, etc fall into.

I don't know what else to say but that I am completely stoked at the announcement that Orphaned Land will be playing ProgPower. Then I remember that I will also likely get to MEET the band...wow. Double wow.

And Pink Cream 69 - none too shabby, either! I expect a fun, uptempo rock and roll show from those guys!

Holy shit, Orphaned Land. This year's lineup is shaping up to be a fucking dream come true for me. I originally didn't think I'd have the money to go this year, but obviously I'm going to have to pull some currency out of my ass for this one.

whine whine whine. don't like the bands? fuck off. just means more tickets for the people who do actually want to go. like someone else said, it will sell out anyway. nobody will miss you. a select few do this every year. cry your fucking eyes out and stay your asses at home while 1,000 people are partying their ass off to great music in atlanta. your loss