What new bands do you want to see for PP VIII?

I am going to post my reply in the form of a festival line up of 10 bands who have never played before that I would LOVE to see...

Night 1
Iced Earth
Running Wild
Eidolon
Scar Symmetry
Bloodbound

Night 2
Helloween (w/ a special arrangement such as Kai Hansen in the band)
Axel Rudi Pell
Royal Hunt
Firewind
Astral Doors

That is my wet dream of a line up. Other bands I would love to see are Virgin Steele, Iron Savior, Machine Men, and Stream of Passion.

TheGraveDigger said:
I am going to post my reply in the form of a festival line up of 10 bands who have never played before that I would LOVE to see...

Night 1
Iced Earth
Running Wild
Eidolon
Scar Symmetry
Bloodbound

Night 2
Helloween (w/ a special arrangement such as Kai Hansen in the band)
Axel Rudi Pell
Royal Hunt
Firewind
Astral Doors

That is my wet dream of a line up. Other bands I would love to see are Virgin Steele, Iron Savior, Machine Men, and Stream of Passion.

While I'd be all over that line up, you might want to consider that there's supposed to be some Prog at this festival. :)

Not necessarily "new" bands, but ones I would like to see.....

Wolf - Really cool band that blends oldschool and modern powermetal
Accept reunion - typically I wouldn't pull for a true "oldschool" band at PP as that is not what the event is for, but hey they are probably my fave band of all time and I never saw them live. I would put Glenn in my will if they played.
Sieges Even - prog rock, but damned they are good. A good choice for one of Glenn's "different" bands.
Leatherwolf - yes they are playing the pre-party, but the new release is very very good. I would love to see them on the main stage.
Red Circuit/CHitral "Chity Lanka" Somapala. He is one of my fave vocalists.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Leatherwolf - yes they are playing the pre-party, but the new release is very very good. I would love to see them on the main stage.
Red Circuit/CHitral "Chity Lanka" Somapala. He is one of my fave vocalists.

Bryant

They are going to be on the main stage now =)

and Novembre would be a great addition.

I haven't bought a power metal album in a while (aside from the latest Helloween album) and don't really listen to it much anymore but these are the prog bands I would like to see:

1. Pain of Salvation (although I have heard that they won't play in the US anymore because of the new entry requirements - that would suck if true) [1.5 hours]
2. King Crimson (as long as they would focus on their older stuff (1984 and earlier)) [1.5 hours]
3. Watchtower (yeah, I know it won't happen) [45 minutes]
4. John Arch (without Matheos) [1 hour]
5. An extremely good prog rock cover band that would cover songs by bands like Gentle Giant, Rush, and Yes. I know this goes against the typical format but it would still be really cool and would definitely be something different and interesting. [1 hour]

Opeth would be cool but they may draw a lot of people who would only go there to see them and not care about the other bands (even if the tickets were expensive). A Cynic reunion (for one night) would be really cool but there is virtually no chance of that happening.

Ninkasi said:
5. An extremely good prog rock cover band that would cover songs by bands like Gentle Giant, Rush, and Yes. I know this goes against the typical format but it would still be really cool and would definitely be something different and interesting. [1 hour]

Dream Theater? ;)

Astral Doors
Labyrinth
Firewind
Eidolon

Old School/Reunion Dreams:

Crimson Glory
Accept
Dio
Saxon

Pre-Party:

Marshall Law
Vicious Rumors
Celtic Legacy
Beyond Twilight

yoshi14 said:
Since there is a poll for returning bands, I figured i'd start a thread for bands that have never played progpower before. So, pick 4 bands you really want to see next year and reply to this.

My picks: Magnitude 9, Labyrinth, Cloudscape, Sonata Arctica

Short and sweet:

Communic
Wastefall
Spheric Universe Experience
Shaman

Alternate choice: After Forever

Bill

MysticX9 said:

You go my brother !!! As I have said about a hundred times, I don't want PP to turn into an "oldschool" event, but you can't get more "power" metal than Accept. I think Accept at PP is nothing more than a dream, but they would absolutely dominate !!

Bryant

Bryant said:
...I think Accept at PP is nothing more than a dream, but they would absolutely dominate !!

and I believe the crowd in attendance would reciprocate the power and energy that only Accept could manage. You know they have my vote Bryant. :worship:

:kickass: