What new bands do you want to see for PP VIII?

Creeps said:
Since I'm really bored waiting on laundry.. here's the top results;

Although if you give Arjen credit for the Stream of Passion and Ayreon votes, that definitely puts him in the top 10. :)

Yeah, yeah I know ... haven't been on the forum much recently (work has been hell - huge campaign we just started. Ugh!), but I had to reply to thias thread:

Doro - Yeah, I know I've been told before that this will probably never happen, but I can keep hoping. I've never seen her live and seeing her at ProgPower would be ideal.

Primal Fear - Another awesome band that I have not seen live yet and would love to. Also, they seem to have gotten a lot of votes so far, so they would probably draw a good crowd.

Sonata Arctica - Seen them before but they were so awesome that seeing them at ProgPower would be just amazing. Plus they are great guys. I got to meet and talk with them on the last tour here in the US and they were all so friendly and willing to spend time with their fans. Just a great band all around!

Blind Gaurdian - 'nuff said!

Here's a few others that didn't make my top four (in no particular order):
Xandria
Nightwish - return to PP (with their new vocalist)
Dio - I know it might be hard to do, but do I need to say anything other than "It's f'ing Dio!"
Lana Lane (or seeing her with Aeryon would be awesome)
Rhapsody - seen them before but would be cool again in a PP setting
Rage
Helloween
Gamma Ray - seen them before but would be cool again in a PP setting
Lullacry
Brainstorm - return to PP
Dream Evil
Saxon

I know some of these are probably unrealistic, but hey ... I can dream.
:headbang:
Metal Forever!
~ BRMH

SharkBlack said:
Oh Yeah I just have to put in a good word for one of my all time favorite bands ANATHEMA

:kickass:

That's by far the band I want to see the most.. :) I just didn't mention them because I don't think they really fit prog power that well...
Man, some people thought Pain of Salvation was too slow.. Imagine if had Anathema played... They would fall into a coma!

They have a south american tour schedulled for October.. I've heard a few rumors that they will do north america after that.. That would be awesome :)

Soundscape said:
Wonder if Glenn has pursued Brazil's new Progressive Metal band Thessera. Just heard some of their stuff tonight. Kind of reminded me of Angra (with Andre Matos).

Kyle

These guys are awesome, should definately be looked at for next years Prog Power.

Not really new, but bands that would make me trip over myself to get tickets (as I would have done last year, but wouldn't do this year...):
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Sonata Arctica!!!
Beyond Twilight!!!
Twilightning
Symphony X!!
Kamelot!!
Pain of Salvation!!!
Nocturnal Rites
Freedom Call
Dream Evil!
Lost Horizon
Labyrinth

Ayreon (Come back to mee....)
Angra too I suppose, though the Rebirth DVD dissapointed me

that's all for now... but it'd be my ultimate festival...

Have already posted who I would like to see, but thought I'd share this message I received from NILS/E with Nocturnal Rites:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We'd definetly like to get to ProgPower for next year, so plese ask
everyone you know to request us at their forums and so on.

Thanks and talk soon! Best, /NILS

I'm jumping in this mess to see if the miracle worker can drag Arjen Lucassen over here... maybe via Stream of Passion with Ayreon songs ala their last live tour in europe?

mtndewqueen88 said:
I'm jumping in this mess to see if the miracle worker can drag Arjen Lucassen over here... maybe via Stream of Passion with Ayreon songs ala their last live tour in europe?

Stream of Passion would be a phenomenal, two thumbs up, perfect choice. They are possibly one of the most talented bands out there, not to mention they're the NICEST people. I'd be willing to sponsor them!

1. Suspyre (haha...I wish)
2. Andromeda (will they ever come to the US?)
3. Opeth (sort of too mainstream, but I want to see them in this kind of environment)
4. Chick Corea Elektric Band (not really that much of an oddball; listen to "To The Stars")