I'm curious....

rainmaker_2413

Shadow I am
Sep 23, 2006
So I was just going through my cds and counting how many actual cds I have (I have 111, used to have more but I sold a lot of them) and I was curios as to how many members here have a collection of cds they'd like to share something about. Here's a few questions you guys can answer if you like:

1)How many cds do you own?

2)If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be?

3)Band you own the most number of cds from?

4)What type of cds do you own the most of? (metal, rock etc)

5)Favorite album cover out of your collection?

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you? (sry if this one seems kinda weird, I was asked this question in a music class I took once)

As for my answers
1-111 right now
2-Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast (the album that really got me interested in music)
3-Iron Maiden
4-Mainly metal (I hate all the sub-genres but most ppl would call my collection mainly Prog and Melodic Death)
5-Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time
6-I would say Opeth's music best describes me....especially in the past few years....it seems as though so many events have happened that has changed my outlook on many things..one moment everything is fine and calm...the next minute a rage of emotions occur and life changes whether it be by a simple phone call, death in the family, anything. (Not tryin to sound cheesy or anything, Opeth just seems to fit though)

Anyways, I'm done...I'm interested in what you guys have to contribute though. Hopefully this thread won't be too boring and if it is, I apologize.

1)How many cds do you own? too damn many to count has to be over 2,000

2)If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be? Lord Tracy's Deaf Gods of Babylon :kickass:

3)Band you own the most number of cds from? probably Alice Cooper

4)What type of cds do you own the most of? (metal, rock etc) too close to call between metal (all metal) and rock/hard rock

5)Favorite album cover out of your collection? hmmm Live After Death maybe

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you? (sry if this one seems kinda weird, I was asked this question in a music class I took once) BANDs - a mush of Lord Tracy, Anthrax, MOD/SOD, WWIII, Slayer and Debbie Gibson :headbang: ALBUM - umm err Ramones Adios Amigos perhaps.

2,000 wow..nice collection..

Great choice on the fav. album cover...I forgot to put my answer in at first but went back and put Maiden's Somewhere In Time as mine.

1)How many cds do you own? roughly 575

2)If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be? Yeah right. No way could I pick a favorite.

3)Band you own the most number of cds from? #1) Rush - 14, #2) Savatage - 13, #3) Fates Warning - 12

4)What type of cds do you own the most of? Hard rock (stuff I grew up on)

5)Favorite album cover out of your collection? That's a tough decision, but I'd have to go with Judas Priest - British Steel On vinyl it is easily Scorpions - Lovedrive (the original "bubble gum" version)

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you? (sry if this one seems kinda weird, I was asked this question in a music class I took once) BANDs - While Heaven Wept ALBUM - no clue.[/quote]

2)If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be?

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you? (sry if this one seems kinda weird, I was asked this question in a music class I took once)

1) Around 2500 store bought , more if you count the bazillions of bootlegs I've dl'ed from Dime A Dozen, and burnt to CD-R.... (I'm old, been buying them since they first came out)

2) Probably my EMI version of Frank Zappa's "Sheik Yerbuti" (The EMI versions sound better than the Ryco versions, and are hard to find now)

3) Either Frank Zappa ( I need about 5 or 6 to complete...) or Mike Keneally. Lots of Vai & Dream Theater as well....

4) MMMMMMMetal!

5) Iron Maiden - Killers

6) Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is

J-Dubya

1)How many cds do you own? I hit the 1000 mark a while back

2)If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be? Yes - Relayer

3)Band you own the most number of cds from?I'm not gonna count but I have several from Yes, Judas Priest , Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Kansas, Therion

4)What type of cds do you own the most of? (metal, rock etc) Progressive Music from the Beatles to Dream Theater, and Lots of Metal!!(Death, Black, Power, Prog, DOOOOOM!!)

5)Favorite album cover out of your collection? I'm kind of diggin' Sonata Arctica's For The Sake Of Revenge Cover Right Now. I've always Like Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy and Yes' Relayer (both you need the LP to get the large version front/Back) All The Maiden Albums Are cool too.

CD.jpg

LZ_afc_HousesOfHoly.jpg

Roger-Dean-Relayer.jpg

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you? It would be some kind of Cheech and Chong Album haha or Frank Zappa.... :loco: :loco: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Around 2,100, but I have more music on mp3 that isn't included in the total....

Devin Townsend, Ocean Machine

Hard to say. Probably a toss between Dream Theater and Ozric Tentacles, since I have a lot of boots by both (as well as all of the regular releases).
Metal and hard rock comprise the majority, but I have a lot of other stuff, too.
Hmmm, there are so many great ones, but Covenant's Nexus Polaris comes to mind immediately.

Opeth comes to mind, because their music involves a lot of different styles and I'm pretty diverse m'self. :)

1)How many cds do you own? - Haven't counted, but should be at least 500

2)If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be? Bathory - Hammerheart

3)Band you own the most number of cds from? Nightwish, followed by Ayreon and King Diamond.

4)What type of cds do you own the most of? (metal, rock etc) Power Metal

5)Favorite album cover out of your collection? No clue

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you? (sry if this one seems kinda weird, I was asked this question in a music class I took once) No idea

in the neighborhood of 1200

Savatage - Edge of Thorns, or Morgana Lefay - Maleficium

Savatage

about 90% metal

don't pay much attention. probably Spinal Tap - s/t... "...how much blacker could this be? The answer is none... none more black."

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you?

Solitude Aeturnus - Alone

Way too many.

Motley Crue "Shout At The Devil"

Hard to say. Motley Crue and Henry Rollins just to name two.

Metal for sure.

Iron Maiden "Live After Death"

Any Frank Zappa album. :)

1. I own about 4,500 cds. I haven't filed some so I can't be completely accurate.

2. My favorite cd is Running Wild's "Blazon Stone". Incredible cd.

3. The most I own is probably from Kiss or Maiden or someone with an extensive catalog like that.

4. I'll say it's an even split between metal and hard rock. Maybe 50 pop cds (hits) are included in that lot.

5. Favorite Cover? I've never really considered that, but I could say Pretty Maids' "Future World" because it's deceptive as to what's actually inside on the cd. Looks pretty but sounds tough.

6. What album describes me? Well, a little of Pretty Maids' "Future WOrld" because I can be pretty unexpected at times and a lot of Dirty Looks because it's melodic with attitude. I like songs with melody and they have to have that attitude-y "crunch" for driving. That's why I don't do much Prog because it doesn't have the attitude that agrees with my personality.

1) How many cds do you own?
1300 Cd's in my collection

2) If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be?
Operation:Mindcrime is probably my all time fave, but I really have too many, several with sentimental value, to pick just one. Stevie Ray Vaughan The Sky Is Cryin' was given to me by my Dad so that's one. Surfing With The Alien by Satriani was the first Album (yep I said Album) I bought with my own money (That LP now is signed by the band and framed on my wall).

3) Band you own the most number of cds from?
Most from any bands would be Dream Theater, Kings X, and Savatage the Who and Zepplin.

4) What type of cds do you own the most of? (metal, rock etc)
Most of my stuff is metal or classical, but I listen to everything so it's pretty diverse.

5) Favorite album cover out of your collection?
This is a tough question. My favorite album cover? I dig Fates Warning "parallels" a lot. Passion and Warfare by Vai is cool. Hell there's too many to pick one.

6) If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you?
Good question. I have to think about this one.

almost 200

2) If you could pick one favorite out of your entire collection, what would it be?
Scorpions- Virgin Killers

1-Scorpions, 2-King Crimson, 3-David Sylvian

metal & classic R-n-R

wow, too hard to choose at 630 am.

6) If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you?
well, I feel I have an outgoing personality so I'd have to stick with my boys and say my personality 'rocks like a hurricane' :lol:

About 1050

Dave Matthews Band- Before These Crowded Streets

The Gathering- 23
Angra- 21
Dave Matthews Band- 17

I'd say about 40 to 50% is metal.

Anathema- A Natural Disaster

I don't think the music I listen to really represent who I am.. I find the saddest music to be the most beautiful, but I am a pretty positive guy :p

A little over 800.

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Queensryche 12, Iron Maiden 12, King Diamond 12

90 percent metal

King Diamond - Them

them.jpg

King Diamond .... I guess I'm kind of dark sided like the King, but also pretty damn normal in my day to day life. Who knows?

Britt

150ish

This is a really difficult choice but I think the award would have to go to Disillusion's Back to Times of Splendor, Mercenary's 11 Dreams or Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor (though everything from Nevermore is gold in my eyes).

I own more Blind Guardian CDs than any other band, they're responsible for getting me into metal in the first place.

Metal is the vast majority.

My favorite album covers would be the art for Disillusion's Back to Times of Splendor, Cynic's Focus, Wintersun's debut, Biomechanical's The Empires of the Worlds and Nevermore's Dreaming Neon Black.

DNB-1.jpg

6)If you were asked to describe your personality through music, what album or band would best describe you?

I'm honestly not sure, I've been trending more towards the heavier end of things away from the more uplifting power stuff I used to listen to pretty often. I know I've been listening to a lot of Nevermore lately.

Sorry for the multiple answers to some of the questions, but picking one answer for each was far too difficult.

1.) I am hovering around the 600 mark.

2.) Damn tough to answer. I guess I have to fudge a little, and say 'Alive in Athens' (yes, more than one cd.... but it was one release).

3.) Its a tie. I have 10 Whitesnake, and 10 Metallica

4.) Metal... 95%

5.) I don't typically put stock into the covers. Some notables off hand that I can think of:
Antimatter - Planetary Confinement
Anathema - A Natural Disaster
The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet?
Whitesnake - Lovehunter

6.) David Gilmour - On an Island

Around 600

Studio - DIARY OF A MADMAN

Live - STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT

Iron Maiden/Glenn Hughes/Michael Schenker

Metal and hard rock

The first Black Sabbath album cover

DIARY OF A MADMAN