Mystery Update

This is pretty much the only place that I have seen that something like this would happen. It is definitely a tribute to the fun and fan friendly experience that Glenn has brought to us with the festival. I certainly hope that it is a band I will really love to see, but even if it isn't, I would have no regrets about making a donation. Bringing in another band for a high slot (which appears likely from Glenn's original post) can only make this year even better.

Wow, that's incredible. Does that mean you're not accepting any more donations?

I get the feeling that Glenn would always be willing to accept more donations, since he is also paying probably a good portion of the fee from his own pocket for this possible addition. But it is good to know that we reached the goal he wanted to reach for everyone else so quickly.

What an awesome group of folks here to step up again and again... So glad to be a small part of this community!!!!

I'm not hoping for anyone in particular - here's to hoping it's accepted!!

Could be Tarja. Glenn loved her second CD. Which means Glenn will be accepting more money.

I hope not. Do not care, just as I wouldn't really care about a Labrie solo set.

However, Tarja would fit the "hint" criteria I guess, as her popularity is not just concentrated to the tight-nit ProgPower crowd. I'm hoping for something metal but a bit more extreme...a la Turisas (or their ilk). We shall see.

I'm going to post here based on Pablabra's note. I'm not directing this at him at all, but in general. Regardless of what happens, there will be some folks disappointed with what may be added. They may not like the band or consider what may happen as special at all. I can truly understand that. I hope everyone remembers that there was absolutely no obligation or expectation to donate. I'm glad you did though!

I try to do things for the overall health of the festival. If you don't like what happens this year, then next year may be the one for you. All I can do is keep trying...