Mystery Update

Hints:

It would be an exclusive.
It would be something that excites people beyond our own forum.
It would affect the upper portion of the roster.
Some of you will truly understand just how special it is and that it only would happen at ProgPower USA.
Some of you will hate it and not bother to watch.
Some of you will just think..well..that's cool..but I could take it or leave it.

What an awesome group of folks here to step up again and again... So glad to be a small part of this community!!!!

I'm not hoping for anyone in particular - here's to hoping it's accepted!!
I'm with you on this all the way. Very proud of this community and willing to check out whatever Glenn throws our way - wrenches and all.

I'm with you on this all the way. Very proud of this community and willing to check out whatever Glenn throws our way - wrenches and all.

Ditto. If anything, this goes to show how much the festival itself is important to so many people. It's truly not about the bands, but the people who make it happen.

I'm going to post here based on Pablabra's note. I'm not directing this at him at all, but in general. Regardless of what happens, there will be some folks disappointed with what may be added. They may not like the band or consider what may happen as special at all. I can truly understand that. I hope everyone remembers that there was absolutely no obligation or expectation to donate. I'm glad you did though!

I try to do things for the overall health of the festival. If you don't like what happens this year, then next year may be the one for you. All I can do is keep trying...

I contributed money based on the bolded text. I realize that there's no guarantee I'll be a fanboy of said mystery band possibility. But as I told my gf, I love this festival so much, I wish I was rich so I could give more!

I'd settle for Allen/Lande or a tribute by Jeff Scott Soto.

I'd love both. I have went after Allen/Lande for years and while the musicians are on board, the vocalists have expressed little interest.

I asked Jeff about the Queen show (his dvd) & he said he would not do any more tribute shows. Of course that was when he was rising up the ranks to Journey so that may have influenced his thinking at the time. He is now officially Paul O'Neil's bitch. He is being locked up by TSO for the most part and that makes things very difficult.

I am actually hoping for something on the very heavy end of things. :devil: If it comes with growls, even better!

A few close friends emailed me about the post that disappeared. I told them everything. They both got excited and offered to kick in to make it happen.

"excited close friends with money" == "old people" == "people who don't like growls". :D

Neil