PP USA VIII: Final Band confirmed

Because right now I could go onto to Wikipedia and write in that Lansford is the only vocalist and it would stay that way unless someone cared enough to edit it.

And the only cd I found that Lansford did vocals on was Rain of a Thousand Flames.
Well, maybe some Rhapsody fan with liner notes and whatnot can add a little to this discussion. In doing a google search I've seen Lansford's name attached to a couple different Rhapsody albums, but I'm not going to bother posting links, because you will just discredit the source. Seriously, believe what you want .. but if you are going to say someone is wrong you might want to start putting out some proof.

Britt

Oh GOD. Seems like almost EVERY band that has a female singer is going to be compared to the other or considered a clone.

:puke:

Oh GOD. Seems like almost EVERY band that has a female singer is going to be compared to the other or considered a clone.
It's surprising this still happens. When a woman fronting a Metal band was still fairly unique, the comparison to other such bands was quite natural, even if no other similarities existed. However, at this point, woman in Metal has become common.

Zod

:puke:

If people did this through and through to male vocalists, ProgPower would end tomorrow.

Because PP can't have Judas Priest, Helloween, King Crimson, and Dream Theater fill every slot of every night. Sorry.

Jay Lunsford has credits as narrator in the liner notes of:
Power Of The Drgonflame
Rain Of A thousand Flames
Symphony Of Enchanted Lands

There are no credits for any male narrators on either Dawn Of Victory or Legendary Tales.

Between love & fire is my favourite song from Invisible Circles and also the major reason I hate the album at the same time because they had to cut it in half with that really bad dialogue! ARGH! The part immediately after is awesome but I'm always having to fast forward through the dialogue and am forced to listen to that "Don't pressure me" line

*shakes fist angrily*

Don't you have audio editing software to cut parts like that out?

Wrong! :p

Its Staropoli. ( Dark lyrics link: RHAPSODY LYRICS - Dawn Of Victory (2000) )

He is the keyboardist for Rhapsody as well.

Dude... please.. come on.
1. Lux Triumphans

[Staropoli]

"At the court of king Chaos only blood
can write its own tragedy..."

Means Starpoli WROTE the lyrics.

2. Dawn Of Victory

[Turilli / Staropoli]

Fire is raging on the battlefield
Was written by both.

The narration is by Lunsford.

1. Lux Triumphans

[Staropoli]

2. Dawn Of Victory

[Turilli / Staropoli]

Was written by both.

How do you know that it means he wrote it? ANd the only proof of Lansard is from this one cd selling website that says he was on Rain.

1. Lux Triumphans

[Staropoli]

2. Dawn Of Victory

[Turilli / Staropoli]

Was written by both.

Haha ... I wish I would have taken the time to look at the Dark Lyrics site ... I would have noticed right away that those were writing credits .... and had NOTHING to do with narration.

Britt

Jay Lunsford has credits as narrator in the liner notes of:
Power Of The Drgonflame
Rain Of A thousand Flames
Symphony Of Enchanted Lands

There are no credits for any male narrators on either Dawn Of Victory or Legendary Tales.

I wonder if Jay Lansford is the same Jay Lansford I'm thinking off ... hmmm ... gotta ask him. If so, it's "someone in the industry" ... interesting :)

c.

How do you know that it means he wrote it? ANd the only proof of Lansard is from this one cd selling website that says he was on Rain.

Sigh. How do I know? Because I and most people know how lyrics are credited. All lyric sites credit the writer, not the singer. Look at your own link. Lione sings every song on that disc, so why are Turilli / Staropoli give credits for the songs? Lione's name appears nowhere.

Secondly, have you ever spoken to Alex Staropoli? I have. Only once and only briefly, but I can tell you that ain't his voice!

Third, I don't have a clue what "CD selling site" you're citing as "proof." I gave you the credits right from 3 Rhapsody CD liners. If you disagree with the credits the band listed I suggest you take it up with them or their management. I'm sure they'd appreciate you setting the record straight for them. :rolleyes:

Between love & fire is my favourite song from Invisible Circles and also the major reason I hate the album at the same time because they had to cut it in half with that really bad dialogue! ARGH! The part immediately after is awesome but I'm always having to fast forward through the dialogue and am forced to listen to that "Don't pressure me" line

*shakes fist angrily*

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'll never forget the first time I heard that track, and I was in awe at Floor's voice, and then it was interrupted for...that part.

voice overs during songs annoy me in general. No matter if its Pyramaze or Orphaned Land. It just distracts me from the music. Its not a definite negative towards the band/album, just something that annoys me.

voice overs during songs annoy me in general. No matter if its Pyramaze or Orphaned Land. It just distracts me from the music. Its not a definite negative towards the band/album, just something that annoys me.
It's hit and miss with me ... I was able to take it okay on Invisible Circles, but in my opinion it ruined Bone Carver.

Britt

AFTER FOREVER IN US!

After Forever will start their first performances in the US,

we're working on more gigs but Progpower USA is already comfirmed!

Keep check the AFTER FOREVER OFFICIAL HOMEPAGE site (giglist) for updates!!

Looking forward to meet the US fans!

Looks like they're planning a full tour ;)

It's hit and miss with me ... I was able to take it okay on Invisible Circles, but in my opinion it ruined Bone Carver.
It bothered me less on "Bone Carver". I also found it became annoying on "Inner Circle". To me, the use of spoken word during a song, is a clear indication of a band's inability to convey their concept/story with lyrics alone.

Zod