Saturday Headliner Announcement:

Jorn Lande? I'm reminded of the famous Family Guy episode where Louis mentions White Snake in a conversation and Meg asks, "What's White Snake?" and Louis replies, "White Snake is the music mommies and daddies listen to."

Harvester said:
Also, since there is no big Euro power metal band at the end, I don't see those fans being there in the first place to exit. This year is catered towards the type of fan that enjoys a bit of everything instead of just being a fanboy of the big headliner.

That said, I'm not going to relax until the tickets are all sold. That may take four months instead of four days. I *need* your help to get the word out and convince those borderline folks to come on down to Atlanta.

Glenn H.

I was convinced by some fellow "forumers" to go to PPVII. Since I'm living outside USA this is not only my first PP but also a way to check many bands I'm unfamiliar with and share with people I only know electronically.
As a matter of fact I was less than thrilled with Nevermore (even grateful they were the last so I can exit early :lol: ), but the GIFT of Jorn surely wraps the package in silver lining.

Thanks a lot Glenn for choice D, thanks a lot for what you call a risk and I call sheer genius.

Peace to all and see you in September (fingers crossed).

sh0kr0k said:
:lol: Oh really? Should I have the Division guys on my beer pong team, too?
I take pride in getting the bands liqoured up at my shows :D

I knew I liked you... ;)

On-topic: The more I think about this, the better it gets. The man's definitely got an awesome voice, and he's a killer live performer. Now if we can just get Russ in town for some duet work...

Harvester said:
Simply because if you did, you are ignoring his melodic rock and progressive side and pigeon-holing yourself into the power metal, which he STILL can perform as well. He can now draw from a tone of stuff instead of just two albums. Plus, we are getting a show that no one else in the world will get because of that diversity.

Glenn H.
Also, could it be that if this works out beyond expectations, as we all know it will, Jorn can convey this to the rest of MASTERPLAN so they can possibly be a candidate for the hopefully extreme near future? Perhaps then they will show more interest in Glenn's communications then they did previously. I seem to remember Glenn mentioning before how he contacted them and they were, for lack of a better term, not too enthusiastic.

Harvester said:
Thanks. How about watching my back when they start calling me a pussy over on the Brave Words forum when the news hits there? :tickled:

Glenn H.
Since when have cared what the Brave Words forum said about you and the festival?

Jorn is an excellent choice and the only Saturday night band I am looking forward to. Of course, one of the other bands can still make a big impression on me, while I wait for Jorn. :Spin:

eaeolian said:
I knew I liked you... ;)

On-topic: The more I think about this, the better it gets. The man's definitely got an awesome voice, and he's a killer live performer. Now if we can just get Russ in town for some duet work...
I should walk to where symphonyX reside. They have their "Xdungeon" here in allentown New Jersey if im not mistaken (if i am then i feel really dumb).
A guest appearence by Allen would rule.

woosta said:
Had you said Sentenced, Rawhead Rexx, HIM, Deathstars, Victory, Amon Amarth, Dissection, Finntroll, Primal Fear, Meshuggah, Wintersun, Subway to Sally, Labyrinth, Rammstein, The Gathering, 69 eyes, Gotthard, Hellfueled, Thy Majestie, UDO, Pretty Maids, Agathodaimon, Angelzoom, Tristania, Amorphis, Charon, Chinchilla, Crematory, Bonfire, Bohse Onkelz, or flippin' ENYA among a much longer list, I wouldn't have a complaint. I may not be happy, hell, nobody ever is totally happy with something like this, but I feel it would be a much better idea.
Wow, any festival with only these bands would be dead on arrival. I have only heard of a few of these bands and of those, I don't like any of them. And I suspect I am not the exception. I think your taste are just a little too elitist and that's just the way you like it.

5150 said:
Wow, any festival with only these bands would be dead on arrival. I have only heard of a few of these bands and of those, I don't like any of them. And I suspect I am not the exception. I think your taste are just a little too elitist and that's just the way you like it.

I'd go, but then again I luv my metal! I haven't heard of all of them, have heard of about 10, enjoy 4 very much and would go for the sheer pleasure of listening to something I've never heard.:D

AngraRULES said:
Jorn rules. He's the best fucking singer out there in metal today. No one... NO ONE comes close to him.
This is the only post (besides Glenn's original) that I read in this absolutely ridiculously long thread but it is so, so true. I can not even begin to explain how much I worship his work. The man is completely amazing!! (Jorn. NOT the AngraRULES guy, haha) ;)

I am beyond excited ....what an absolutely awesome surprise!!