Saturday Headliner Announcement:

Osiris' Eyes said:
I don't know whether the term would be irony or coincidence...but fitting it is!!! The final stanza in the Masterplan song "Crystal Night" states the following:

Never more- life before
No never more

You said it Jorn!!!

LOL

:devil:

Harvester said:
This year is catered towards the type of fan that enjoys a bit of everything instead of just being a fanboy of the big headliner.

That is what I like so much about this year's line-up. It manages to be diverse while still staying within the bounds of progressive and power metal. In those ten bands are everything that this festival represents.

Ascension said:
l have a friend that just committed to going on the Jorn announcement alone. He was on the fence before.

He may be your friend, but is he a "friend" of metal if it took all the way down to the last band, and a substitute at that to sway him? :erk:

My question is: If Jorn, why not just get Masterplan and cater to fans of Jorn AND fans of Grapow AND fans of Kusch, AND fans of power metal too? I'm not sure it makes sense to me. Plus it would have been a "US Debut" to add to the roster.

Osiris' Eyes said:
I don't know whether the term would be irony or coincidence...but fitting it is!!! The final stanza in the Masterplan song "Crystal Night" states the following:

Never more- life before
No never more

You said it Jorn!!!

lmao.gif

woosta said:
He may be your friend, but is he a "friend" of metal if it took all the way down to the last band, and a substitute at that to sway him? :erk:

The rest of the lineup just didn't tweak his bubble. Nevermore was a no go for him. He likes Evergrey, but had seen them at a previous PP. They alone weren't enough for him to justify the expense. But, he loves anything Jorn does or has done...so that was all it took.

woosta said:
My question is: If Jorn, why not just get Masterplan and cater to fans of Jorn AND fans of Grapow AND fans of Kusch, AND fans of power metal too? I'm not sure it makes sense to me. Plus it would have been a "US Debut" to add to the roster.

Simply because if you did, you are ignoring his melodic rock and progressive side and pigeon-holing yourself into the power metal, which he STILL can perform as well. He can now draw from a tone of stuff instead of just two albums. Plus, we are getting a show that no one else in the world will get because of that diversity.

Glenn H.

Here's what I have to say (and I'm a huge NEVERMORE fanboy).

THANK YOU GLENN!

To those who know me, no need to explain. To those who don't know me, Jorn Lande is my absolute favorite singer in the whole universe. It is painful to know that Nevermore is gone, but Lande back is just as good, if not better.

Actually.... It's better given that I've never see Jorn before, and I've seen Nevermore 4 times.

GREAT JOB GLENN!

I was on the fence before. My brother wasn't even considering going. My friend Josh, his girlfriend, and his brother were definate no's before. Now it looks like we might all go at this point. Jorn won some tickets.

Thank you all for the recommendations.
It's interesting to know that it seems EACH person recommended largely the same 2 or 3 albums... I'll pick them up as soon as I can.
Thanks again, guys.
JP

FUCK YEA!!!!!!

:headbang: :kickass:

I kinda wanted Masterplan to headline, but thought it a longshot. This is close enough, maybe even better considering Jørn's extensive catalogue.

I would've never guessed. Never.... ehh.... more.

AngraRULES said:
Jorn rules. He's the best fucking singer out there in metal today. No one... NO ONE comes close to him.

No one I dont know about that. Now I could start a lovely personal opinion fight here, but since I kind of sort of not really know Milton then I wont.

ps Matt Barlowe best metal singer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
No one I dont know about that. Now I could start a lovely personal opinion fight here, but since I kind of sort of not really know Milton then I wont.

ps Matt Barlowe best metal singer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean, officer Barlow? :tickled:

Jorn kills Barlow!

And don't you dare, DONT YOU DARE saying fuck you to my face! :tickled:

AngraRULES said:
You mean, officer Barlow? :tickled:

Jorn kills Barlow!

And don't you dare, DONT YOU DARE saying fuck you to my face! :tickled:

I will say fuck you to anyone there, but now that you daring me I am going to make you a shirt that says "say fuck milton to me". LOL!!!!!!!!