Saturday Headliner Announcement:

Harvester said:
woosta said:
:(

I thought we were going with someone who hasn't been here before and was a "risk"?? THIS is not any risk that I can see with what I've seen around these parts. Controversial? quote]

I think Nightmare's post right above you answered your question for the most part. It was indeed a safe bet for the hardcores, but the just how much of my audience is hardcore? How many come for the big name headliner alone? '

This is the year when we find out as I catered specifically to this forum for a representation.

Glenn H.

I thought you catered to all the forms of the PM boards only

5150 said:
Wow, any festival with only these bands would be dead on arrival. I have only heard of a few of these bands and of those, I don't like any of them. And I suspect I am not the exception. I think your taste are just a little too elitist and that's just the way you like it.

What are you talking about? I was suggesting that ANY new band would do. Why do you think I suggested ENYA for christ's sake? Are people so fucking dense around here that you have to spell out a point? "Elitist and you like it that way"? I don't even know what you're talking about now.

Here's what I think: There are some people around here that have such a driving need for conformity that they go nuts when someone makes a "counterpoint" to Glenn. Plus, if you've only heard "a few" of those bands, then why are you even commenting on my "elitist" taste? Maybe you should actually LISTEN to some of those bands once before labeling me "elitist". And after listening to said bands, you'll see that there is no one style, there is no defining characteristic, and there are only minimal commonalities in the lot. That was the point behind the whole thing..someone, ANYONE new.

kittybeast said:
I'd go, but then again I luv my metal! I haven't heard of all of them, have heard of about 10, enjoy 4 very much and would go for the sheer pleasure of listening to something I've never heard.:D

Thanks for actually being a music fan here. I wish there were 1000 of you around these parts instead of just 1. Our genre would be much better off if we could spread that attitude of trying something new and different once in a while. :headbang:

My fiancee and I were already planning on going to PP this year anyway, we aren't really NeverMore fans, just can't get into them. They're not horrible or anything and if they would have played, we would have checked out some of their set but probably left before they were finished.
With that being said, we will DEFINITELY be staying for all of Jorn's set!!! It does suck that Nevermore cancelled, I know alot of people were looking forward to seeing them, but now I am VERY excited by their replacement!

OMFG!!! I love Nevermore, BUT... Jorn is a much more exciting pick for me. Killer, killer, killer choice Glenn!!! Thank You so much! I think you know how much I like this guy! I had been hoping and plugging, but no more...Jorn will be at ProgPower USA. I didn't see him with Ark, but am excstatic to see him in September. He's a top 3 all-time vocalist for me (Jorn, Kahn, Alder).